Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 29th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Evar's customs- NEW AND IMPROVED

This is my new custom page. My old one became cluttered with lower quality, unplaytested customs, so I'm having a fresh start with (hopefully)higher quality customs. If you want to play test my customs, feel free! If you could post the results of your play test, that would be appreciated!

My old customs (Which I made with my brother) can be found here.

Sigmund

Bogdan
Card
Spoiler Alert!

Lore
Spoiler Alert!

Design notes
Spoiler Alert!

Temporarily retired. (Needs work)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Evar-Scarcarver; February 27th, 2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Evar's customs- NEW AND IMPROVED

Seems like a unit that you'd sit behind the front lines and allow to direct the battle. The ability to regenerate (at the cost of forgoing offensive punch for that turn) is cool, especially when coupled with his ability to resurrect Retchets at the cost of a wound. Points look about right, maybe on the high side. But then again, he does make for a somewhat formidable-looking general. 6 Life allows you to gamble with wounding, resurrecting, regenerating and attacking just enough that he won't go down early to an off-the-wall attack.

As-is, I'd probably run him with this for a core:
Bogdan- 180
Iskra- 50
Retchets of Bogdan- 50

Then add in a melee screen (preferably Undead), so Skeletons of Annellintia, Tomb Skeletons, Zombies of Morindan, etc., etc. They all have their ups and downs. Skellies can regenerate with Iskra, but Tomb Skeletons are cheaper (and thus, you can get more of them), and the Zombies have that oh-so-sweet Special Attack/mass movement that you're missing

I'd watch carefully to make sure he doesn't overpower Iskra or the Retchets. The ability to resurrect a Retchet, then take a turn with the squad itself is potent, since you only pay 50 points for the Retchets in the first place. 3 Defense will be his most limiting factor (good thing too).

Overall, good-looking start.
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I noticed a definite theme issue and probable gameplay issue; Marcu is an Undead Devourer. Perhaps a Squad limitation or something?

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; June 30th, 2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Cool idea, though.
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:44 PM

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I noticed a definite theme issue and probable gameplay issue; Marcu is an Undead Devourer. Perhaps a Squad limitation or something?
I noticed that soon after uploading the card, and have since then been debating whether or not this makes Marcu overpowered. I think the theme works, (with a small stretch) Bogdan being a necromancer, but I'm probably going to have to make it squads only.
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I like the start. I think he is a bit overpriced, since Iskra and Rechets aren't great right now, but I really like both powers and the theme.

I think he would work well as a lord for Skeleton synergy.
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I like the start. I think he is a bit overpriced, since Iskra and Rechets aren't great right now, but I really like both powers and the theme.

I think he would work well as a lord for Skeleton synergy.
I've considered making him a lord, but I'm not sure if that works thematically. I figure if you use him with the Rechets and Skeletons, that gives you reason to keep Iskra alive.

As for price, that's probably one of my biggest problems when making customs. I have trouble finding the right point value. My next changes to him are probably going to be:
Making his "Born of Dust and Stone" power not work on Marcu.
Lowering his price by 20 or 30 points.

Then I'll probably get started on playtesting.
Old July 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM

Added two new customs and updated Bogdan's card.
I will not be adding any more customs until I have play tested these ones.
Old July 1st, 2013, 04:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Bogdan seems to basically guarantee there will never be an Undead Devourer Unique Hero. Don't you want to limit it to Squad figures or at least Unique Squad figures instead?

Right now he is a Lord

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Bogdan seems to basically guarantee there will never be an Undead Devourer Unique Hero. Don't you want to limit it to Squad figures or at least Unique Squad figures instead?

Right now he is a Lord
I actually meant to do that.

Will fix!
Old July 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM

Fixed.
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I seriously doubt Shades are "Born of Dust and Stone."

Old July 1st, 2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I seriously doubt Shades are "Born of Dust and Stone."
I don't know, their bio is kind of vague...

Any ideas what I could change it to that would make sense with the shades and still sound cool?
On the other hand, should I make that ability not effect the shades?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards