Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old May 24th, 2021, 05:45 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: Engineers of Valhalla Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I always liked the idea of making them quicksand.
Quicksand is a cool idea, but for authenticity it should be represented by half-height tiles:
Code:
full height        half height
—————————————————  ———————————
Grass, Rock, etc.  Water
Swamp              Swamp Water
Lava Field         Molten Lava
Sand               Quicksand
(I've been planning to spraypaint some of my extra opaque water tiles.)

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old May 27th, 2021, 07:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I always liked the idea of making them quicksand.
Quicksand is a cool idea, but for authenticity it should be represented by half-height tiles:
Code:
full height        half height
—————————————————  ———————————
Grass, Rock, etc.  Water
Swamp              Swamp Water
Lava Field         Molten Lava
Sand               Quicksand
(I've been planning to spraypaint some of my extra opaque water tiles.)
Also, 3D printing the half height tiles is an option for this quicksand Idea. Even printing them in the desired color could save some time painting them.

On another note, all you other designers get your first idea pieces into a place you want them and get them sent to the workshop thread to be further discussed and finished out. I started with the arcane portal because of its simplicity in what it does and how easy it should work for map makers. Once I’ve put it to the test a few times to make sure it does exactly like I’d like I’ll go about seeing it through to the next step. You guys feel welcome to drop your ideas on there when your ready. I just wanted to try and set a precedent.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 27th, 2021, 07:28 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Perhaps we can set our rules up in the welcome thread? Does that sound good to everyone. As far as I’m concerned the rules will be fairly simple and straightforward and have been discussed to a decent length. I shall have a quick skim through and pick them all out of the discussion to add to the welcome thread. Once there you guys can let me know of any edits.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 10th, 2021, 09:32 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Wow this moved fast.

I hope you guys consider looking at terrain crate since those products are in production and require minimal painting.

Love to see the aotp stuff used.

I've had success with recycling pit trap as quicksand and a -1 defense hit for acid field since neither are too punishing.

I would also like to suggest making traps part of your scope. I have some trap cards in my epic glyph tread and terrain crate has a set of traps out. Seems like a cool expansion idea.

Epic Treasure Glyphs https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=35074

https://www.meeplemart.com/terrain-c...eon-traps.aspx

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 10th, 2021, 09:50 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the idea of "zero" level quicksand. I also always wondered why it was all over the island in gilligan's Island!

I also wondered why they came up with special rules for snow (that didn't have to be used), but never came up with rules for the other tiles. As someone who spends lots of time on the sand dunes in Michigan, walking is sand is tiring and difficult.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Last edited by Muskie; June 13th, 2021 at 08:43 PM.
Old June 10th, 2021, 11:30 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Interactive Terrain Brainstorming thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
So I have been working with the Obelisk on Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3646449

I see them with a d20 power when you are next to them.

If a unique hero starts their turn next to a Obelisk and does not leave engagement with the Obelisk during their movement, they roll a D20 and apply the following affect before they attack:

1-5 nothing happens
6-8 -1 defense until you leave the obelisk (bummer)
9-11 counterstrike against normal ranged attacks (it is magical)
12-14 +1 attack until you leave the obelisk
15-17 +1 defense until you leave the obelisk
18-20 teleport to another Obelisk (not sure how to choose if there is more than one more on the board).

this is what I was thinking. You could do less powers that are more powerful, with it harder to get. I like board touchstones that can be chaotic. Kind of a hero support (unless you roll under 8, obelisks can be tricky). They could come in a 2 or 4 pack for the board, depending on board size.
Massive rethink to make things simpler!! The Obelisk radiates energy that disrupts special powers. If you are sitting on one of the six hexes surrounding the Obelisk, you cannot use any special power (offensive, defensive or Braxas stuff). after revealing an order maker on a figure, if you finish your move adjacent to the Obelisk, before attacking, you may roll a d20. On a roll of 19 or 20, you may activate the power of the Obelisk and move one of your opponent's figures that is 4 of less spaces from you and place them adjacent to you on the same level (if possible).

I thought about not allowing people to attack with special powers, but decided to make the obelisk a zone of negation instead of a shield. You have a small chance of pulling someone to you and taking away their special defense, but it is only 10%, so not too powerful. It does make range 1 special attacks reposition to be adjacent and not be in the zone.

Old October 13th, 2021, 09:47 PM

Coming back to this now that I have some time in my schedule.

Old October 13th, 2021, 10:23 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Would be cool to see this moving again
Old October 14th, 2021, 09:44 AM

two ideas I am working on

1) an Obelisk that has a power within two hexes. making it like a glyph with limited range. Thinking that you could decide the power before the game (like a turned up glyph). Something like a defense +1 or Thorian power within two of the obelisk.

2) Bamboo. I have built hexes with 7 bamboo strands. they are cheap and easy to make. Thinking that you could do something like jungle defense and also allow small or medium to pass through. You can make a hedge row with them.

Old October 14th, 2021, 02:28 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
two ideas I am working on

1) an Obelisk that has a power within two hexes. making it like a glyph with limited range. Thinking that you could decide the power before the game (like a turned up glyph). Something like a defense +1 or Thorian power within two of the obelisk.

2) Bamboo. I have built hexes with 7 bamboo strands. they are cheap and easy to make. Thinking that you could do something like jungle defense and also allow small or medium to pass through. You can make a hedge row with them.
Really like the Bamboo idea Muskie. Would be happy to play test if you want to share a map.
Old October 14th, 2021, 05:44 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The bamboo is very interesting! Einar has a lot of eastern units but we lack any terrain for them, would be on board to test as well!

With the Obelisks, it sounds like an interesting idea. If it has a flat part or a space underneath you could literally load certain glyphs onto it/place certain glyphs under it. Rules for the terrain can just dictate what glyphs you use. I think that one has some potential as well.
Old October 17th, 2021, 02:17 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Thinking that you could do something like jungle defense and also allow small or medium to pass through. You can make a hedge row with them.
I’ve made some Bamboo and played with i before. Ran into the questionable issue whether a figure should get the jungle like defense boost. It seems okay when a figure is shooting through the bamboo at a target, but when it’s from the side, it doesn’t make sense since the bamboo doesn’t stick out like jungle.
The allowance of small figures moving through is a fun idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles