Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Siiv

Q for the designers: What was the inspiration for Arctorus? Wikipedia has a list of fiction using the planet, ranging from Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, The Hitchhiker's Guide, Aliens, and Mass Effect. Just curious what the biggest influence was, or more importantly who the biggest influencer in the SoV was?
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Q for the designers: What was the inspiration for Arctorus? Wikipedia has a list of fiction using the planet, ranging from Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, The Hitchhiker's Guide, Aliens, and Mass Effect. Just curious what the biggest influence was, or more importantly who the biggest influencer in the SoV was?
All of the above.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; August 13th, 2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: It's a "generic" sci-fi planet, which makes it great fodder for Heroscape.
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:52 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates
It's a "generic" sci-fi planet, which makes it great fodder for Heroscape.
Pretty much this - originally we were going to use another ubiquitous name, Rigel-3, for the new planet, but it eventually evolved into Arctorus. Siiv isn't even the unit we initially came up with a new planet for - that unit is still waiting to be completed.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates
It's a "generic" sci-fi planet, which makes it great fodder for Heroscape.
Pretty much this - originally we were going to use another ubiquitous name, Rigel-3, for the new planet, but it eventually evolved into Arctorus. Siiv isn't even the unit we initially came up with a new planet for - that unit is still waiting to be completed.

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 13th, 2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: The one that stalks the night; the only one of it's kind; the one that feeds on fright; the one that should always be in mind
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:39 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver
The one that stalks the night; the only one of it's kind; the one that feeds on fright; the one that should always be in mind
Nope, it's not that unit either.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:42 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
The one that stalks the night; the only one of it's kind; the one that feeds on fright; the one that should always be in mind
Ahh.

Still, I think he best represents what Arctorus is.

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 13th, 2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Can't wait to see it in playtesting!
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:46 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ahh.

Still, I think he best represents what Arctorus is.
Arctorus is a physical embodiment of imaginative nightmares? My mind is now blown.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; August 13th, 2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: At least that's what it sounds like from the word picture.
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Arctorus is a physical embodiment of imaginative nightmares? My mind is now blown.
Mega was talking about a unit, not Arctorus. Arctorus is just where the unit lives...

Old August 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Mega was talking about a unit, not Arctorus.
I know, but he said it best represents Arctorus.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Mega was talking about a unit, not Arctorus.
I know, but he said it best represents Arctorus.
I meant it as a place of unique creatures and species that no one as seen before; each one stands on it's own and really doesn't have any ties to anyone else.

The new guy is really a terror on Arctorus and the only one of it's kind; IMO he embodies it well in HS. Be careful messing with him.

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 13th, 2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Please tell me if I'm saying too much of this guy, okay C3V? I really liked the backstory of that guy and the mini is sweet!
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Arctorus is pretty big; it will have the most diversity of any planet eventually I imagine.
Old July 24th, 2014, 12:37 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Shouldn't Quick Stab read "Small and medium figures cannot roll defense dice when attacked by Quick Stab Special Attack?"

Saying "may not" implies that the figure has to option to still roll defense dice, which I don't think was intended.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs