Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2021, 11:35 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yep, it's not really a pain tolerance but an active desire for pain.

If we don't want to make him a Crime Fighter (the benefit there is that Songbird would be able to run with both him and Radioactive Man), I'd just go with Loner. He's an anti-social weirdo.
I'm thinking Crime Fighter/Masochistic or Recluse/Repentant.
Old January 29th, 2021, 09:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Okay I did some updates, I love that idea Nobody, I hope you don't mind if I steal it! I also changed class to Criminal for future Suicide Squad use and gave Unyielding Personality, since I figure Doom Patrol is all bonded by Troubled, maybe Brotherhood of Evil could be the opposite and I mean you gotta be pretty sure of yourself if want world domination. Decisive could be another one if we'd like an unused Personality, very Brain.

Quote:
CORROSIVE TOUCH
Begin the game with 9 black Protoplasmic Burn markers. Instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent's adjacent figure and roll 1 die. If you roll a skull, you may roll 1 additional die. Place 1 Protoplasmic Burn marker on that figure's card for each skull rolled. Protoplasmic Burn markers are considered the same as wound markers and are not removed from a figure's card until that figure is destroyed.

SUBMERGED
Whenever an opponent's adjacent small or medium figure attacks Plasmus with a normal attack that figure is Submerged and may not move. Figures affected by Submerged cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card and only one figure may be Submerged at any given time.
Also let me know if Submerged needs rewording.
Also I just noticed that Cyber Claw and Stuck have the same wording; is that only a no no when two powers have the same title or also when two titles have the same power.
The same power with different titles thing was done like once by Valhallascape and like once by us (unless I'm forgetting another instance). It's not something we really want to make a practice of going forward, but it's pretty cemented as something we did that time at this point.

I'm digging the Corrosive Touch perma wound thing. Only thing I'm unclear of mechanically there is whether he can reuse markers that were on destroyed figures. I think if you're going to start him with 9, my preference is that once he places a marker, it's done. A way to word that might be saying that he starts with them on his card and places them from his card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 29th, 2021, 09:31 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Would love to see Penance. He's a guy I've tried to do a writeup for many times in the past, and could never figure it out.

I agree a new marker system is a lot of hardware, but also that tying things directly to wounds doesn't seem quite right for him. We could count Pain Markers AS wound markers, so that way he does want more of them to power up, but they actively count as wounds. Might add a bit of a "push your luck" mechanic that could be fun. Everytime he takes a wound, you can add a pain marker if you want? Which adds another wound but powers him up. I probably wouldn't give a way to remove them then, just power up his abilities as he's closer and closer to being knocked out the more pain he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
PENANCE - ROBERT BALDWIN

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 29th, 2021, 10:07 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Might go Criminal on the class to keep him Suicide Squad recruitable? Unless, yeah, there's some good Class hook for Brotherhood of Evil. Don't know terribly much about this guy, though. Would love to see someone finally tackle Brain and Mallah!
Whatever gets him the Brotherhood of Evil. Also I have all three of their minis so I too would love to see Brain, Mallah, and Plasmus designed.

But Plasmus in general here seems too beefy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Would love to see Penance. He's a guy I've tried to do a writeup for many times in the past, and could never figure it out.

I agree a new marker system is a lot of hardware, but also that tying things directly to wounds doesn't seem quite right for him. We could count Pain Markers AS wound markers, so that way he does want more of them to power up, but they actively count as wounds. Might add a bit of a "push your luck" mechanic that could be fun. Everytime he takes a wound, you can add a pain marker if you want? Which adds another wound but powers him up. I probably wouldn't give a way to remove them then, just power up his abilities as he's closer and closer to being knocked out the more pain he has.

Quote:
PENANCE - ROBERT BALDWIN
NAME = PENANCE
SECRET IDENTITY = ROBERT BALDWIN
I'll be honest the removing the marker thing was what I really didn't like. Taking a marker to ignore wounds that you can shed so easily for a nice benefit seemed like a lot.

He'd be a shark for sure. Just ignoring a wound and before the negatives can be used against him he just uses his Special attack the next turn to shed the marker?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 29th, 2021, 10:17 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Splash

Here is a power I have used for an unreleased figure that may be of use for you since it's a similar

SEARING TOUCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special.
If ---- did not move this turn, roll 2 additional dice for this special attack. If ---- inflicts 1 or more wounds with this special attack, roll 1 unblockable attack die against the defending figure for Burn Damage. Continue rolling for Burn Damage until you do not roll a skull. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by this special attack.

So maybe something like this.

CORROSIVE TOUCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special.
If Plasmus did not move this turn, subtract 2 from the defense of the targeted figure. If Plasmus inflicts 1 or more wounds with this special attack, roll 1 unblockable attack die against the defending figure for Corrosive Damage. Continue rolling for Corrosive Damage until you do not roll a skull. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by this special attack.

You'd need to tone down his life or the stuck power though, which I'm not a fan of here since he's not really the stuck kind of character he'd just be burning them. So maybe just make it harder to break Engagement with him like maybe an extra die to for LEA?

Just spitballing.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 29th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fwiw, here is my take for you red, I don't know if this is what you were going for though. Just throwing ideas out to see if something sticks

Quote:
PENANCE - ROBERT BALDWIN

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 29th, 2021, 12:19 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

Quote:
PENANCE - ROBERT BALDWIN
NAME = PENANCE
SECRET IDENTITY = ROBERT BALDWIN
I'll be honest the removing the marker thing was what I really didn't like. Taking a marker to ignore wounds that you can shed so easily for a nice benefit seemed like a lot.

He'd be a shark for sure. Just ignoring a wound and before the negatives can be used against him he just uses his Special attack the next turn to shed the marker?
I understand those concerns. I think I'll reword it to run off wound markers only, and bump up his life to 7 to represent the pain tolerance. I've got some other mechanics in mind that might play better.
Old January 29th, 2021, 12:40 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think this solves it. Just stuck, but with a limit of one and then when he gets ganged up on he basically loses stability and lets go.
Quote:
SUBMERGED
When an opponent's small or medium figure enters or occupies a space adjacent to Plasmus, that figure may not move unless Plasmus is adjacent to more than one figures that opponent controls. Figures affected by Submerged cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card.
Him being a gelatinous ooze monster is also why I put the high life initially, with the only two wounds defense (but 3 defense) paired with 8 life I figured it would take four good hits from a high power character, but that is a lot so I trimmed his Life to 6 now so it'll only take three solid hits to put him down.

Quote:
I'm digging the Corrosive Touch perma wound thing. Only thing I'm unclear of mechanically there is whether he can reuse markers that were on destroyed figures. I think if you're going to start him with 9, my preference is that once he places a marker, it's done. A way to word that might be saying that he starts with them on his card and places them from his card.
I would be fine either way, I did put it to 9 cause I didn't think they would be the way I wrote it, but yeah it doesn't really clarify. I'm still not sure cause if I were to put on his card it might imply he has those wounds. I think this fixes it though.

Quote:
CORROSIVE TOUCH
Begin the game with 6 black Protoplasmic Burn markers on this card. Instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent's adjacent figure and roll 1 die. If you roll a skull and the figure does not have the Lava Resistant special power, you may roll 1 additional die. Place 1 Protoplasmic Burn marker on that figure's card for each skull rolled. When placed on another figure's card, Protoplasmic Burn markers are considered the same as wound markers and are not removed from that card until that figure is destroyed. Once a figure is destroyed, place any Protoplasmic Burn markers back on this card.
@japes I added a Lava Resistant bit in there, he straight up disintegrates matter at like the cellular level I think, so I have it so that they aren't totally immune.
So would Corrosive Damage have its own rules as alternate wound markers that can't be healed and we could use it with possible other future characters' powers? Because that would be really cool and it would also help relieve the marker issue, cause he doesn't really run out of burn power, and the current possibilities are like 9ish one use markers or 5-6 recycle markers.
Old January 29th, 2021, 12:52 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I had a power on a design that was roughly :

Quote:
RADIATION BURNS
Whenever Positron wounds an adjacent Unique Hero, place a green Radiation Burn marker on the wounded figure's army card. A figure with a green Radiation Burn marker on it's army card cannot have wound markers removed in any way.
A little different from your current Corrosive Touch since Radiation Burns kept all wound markers from being removed, and Corrosive Touch only prevents the Protoplasmic Burn markers. Figured I would put the idea out there though!
Old January 29th, 2021, 01:04 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Might go Criminal on the class to keep him Suicide Squad recruitable? Unless, yeah, there's some good Class hook for Brotherhood of Evil. Don't know terribly much about this guy, though. Would love to see someone finally tackle Brain and Mallah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Fwiw, here is my take for you red, I don't know if this is what you were going for though. Just throwing ideas out to see if something sticks

Quote:
PENANCE - ROBERT BALDWIN

Spoiler Alert!
That feels better. He's not ignoring the attack but getting stronger with it.

If his thing is that he takes the pain and shrugs it off and unleashes the fury so to speak...You can also look at a one marker thing where once a round he can put the marker on the card to ignore the wounds and he gets the bonus stats from that. If he doesn't burn the marker using his SA he wouldn't get to use it but if he uses it then it's free to put back on the next round if he gets hit.

Old January 29th, 2021, 01:05 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah that's cool, this guy is mostly Radiation as well, but I'm trying to keep him from being OP cause he is a third rate villain. Plus, I know a few characters start counting wounds backwards and use them weird after they die the first time like Pinhead and the other horror revivers, so that's why I just have them remove the first time the character is destroyed.
The more I think of it, the more I would love to use to those little black round markers as Radiation/Corrosion uber-wounds. They could stack with them and everything!
Old January 29th, 2021, 01:15 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post

I think this solves it. Just stuck, but with a limit of one and then when he gets ganged up on he basically loses stability and lets go.
Quote:
SUBMERGED
When an opponent's small or medium figure enters or occupies a space adjacent to Plasmus, that figure may not move unless Plasmus is adjacent to more than one figures that opponent controls. Figures affected by Submerged cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card.
Him being a gelatinous ooze monster is also why I put the high life initially, with the only two wounds defense (but 3 defense) paired with 8 life I figured it would take four good hits from a high power character, but that is a lot so I trimmed his Life to 6 now so it'll only take three solid hits to put him down.

Quote:
I would be fine either way, I did put it to 9 cause I didn't think they would be the way I wrote it, but yeah it doesn't really clarify. I'm still not sure cause if I were to put on his card it might imply he has those wounds. I think this fixes it though.

Quote:
CORROSIVE TOUCH
Begin the game with 6 black Protoplasmic Burn markers on this card. Instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent's adjacent figure and roll 1 die. If you roll a skull and the figure does not have the Lava Resistant special power, you may roll 1 additional die. Place 1 Protoplasmic Burn marker on that figure's card for each skull rolled. When placed on another figure's card, Protoplasmic Burn markers are considered the same as wound markers and are not removed from that card until that figure is destroyed. Once a figure is destroyed, place any Protoplasmic Burn markers back on this card.
@japes I added a Lava Resistant bit in there, he straight up disintegrates matter at like the cellular level I think, so I have it so that they aren't totally immune.
So would Corrosive Damage have its own rules as alternate wound markers that can't be healed and we could use it with possible other future characters' powers? Because that would be really cool and it would also help relieve the marker issue, cause he doesn't really run out of burn power, and the current possibilities are like 9ish one use markers or 5-6 recycle markers.
Better. Here is a wild thing to toss around. Instead of creating this new "unhealable wounds" thing.

Since we already have Odin and White Lanterns use a marker to increase life, we've kind of already opened that can of worms. Instead of unhealable wounds...Let the Markers reduce the life of the target by one. So it's the same as giving them a wound. Only it's a lot harder to get rid of.

I'd also want to see a reduction in number of markers he started with. and it would be instead of wounds.

Corrosive Touch
Begin the game with 3 black Protoplasmic Burn markers on this card. When attacking an adjacent figure, you may roll 1 additional die for each blank rolled. After this attack, instead of wound you may place a black Protoplasmic Burn marker on that figures card. Figures other than Plasmus with a Protoplasmic marker on their card subtract 1 from their Life number.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy