Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Priscus

The Book of Priscus

Soldiers of Valhalla

Printer-friendly PDF

The figure used for this unit is the Shifter Claw Adept miniature from D&D's Against the Giants.

Character Bio: Priscus spat on the ground as the nervous guards passed by. Everything was drowned out by the sudden, roaring applause of the arena crowd. Another gladiator must have met a gruesome death. Priscus' mind drifted back to his village in Germania, where the inhabitants were rumored to be the descendants of savage wolves. Fierce was the battle when Romans stormed his village; he was captured by legionnaires after a horse fell on him, cheating him of his glorious death. It also spared him of having to witness the bloody destruction of his outnumbered friends at the hands of the efficient Roman Legion. Waking to find himself in chains, he was sent to the gladiator pits, where he made a name for himself as a deadly fighter, especially skilled with his bare hands.

A nervous prod from the nearest guard brought him back to the present. As the doors opened, the crowd's roar reached new heights. Standing, Priscus curled his hands into fists and strode through the door. Time to kill more Romans.

GRAPPLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
A small or medium figure attacked with Grapple Special Attack rolls one less defense die.

TASTE OF FREEDOM
If all of your order markers are on Gladiators, and at least one order marker is on Priscus, all friendly Gladiators adjacent to Priscus add 1 die to their normal attack.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • SPARTACUS : Gladiator Inspiration
    As a Gladiator, Priscus may benefit from Spartacus’ GLADIATOR INSPIRATION move, attack, and defense bonus.
  • CAPUAN GLADIATORS: Human Gladiator Bonding
    As a Human Gladiator, Priscus may be activated with the Capuan Gladiators' Human Gladiator Bonding
Synergy Benefits Offered-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Unit Reviews
Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
The adjacency requirement prevents him from being truly effective as a low-cost replacement for Spartacus, but he remains a solid gladiator hero that brings a much-needed special attack. B

Last edited by superfrog; May 1st, 2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Updated synergy benefit offered; added new PDF link; Added list of abilities in text format
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Priscus

Congrats Filthy! The glads now have a special attack and weaker alternative to Spartacus. 4x Capuans might be feasible now...

Priscus 100
Capuans x4 380
Crixus 470
Guilty 500

In large point games, Priscus could be taken along with Sparty, so when Spartacus dies Priscus could still boost the Capuans' attack.
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

Ah nice, a German gladiator... I want to use the 9th legion with him just to be ironic, although I think it might actually work somewhat...
Priscus 100
Gallus 200
4x Legionnaires 400/500
100 points to spare still for a decent melee army- maybe some Omnicrons or Archers?
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Old May 17th, 2012, 02:48 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Interesting character I'm not quite sure what to make of him yet. As Arch-vile already pointed out I think the standard 500 point army looks to be.

Priscus
Crixus
x4 Capuan
30 point filler

The question is, is that build better then the classic steamroller? Out side of a couple builds (auto wounds come to mind) I think the answer in no. The 600 point army range is where it gets interesting, do you throw on Priscus to the steamroller? To me that seems like too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I really wise you could do Capuan x6, Crixus, Priscus, but that's 10 points over. How Priscus and Spartacus interact in higher point games will be interesting to see how it plays out. I do like how Priscus allows for lower point gladiator builds, for 400 Crixus, Priscus, Isamu, and Capuan x3 seems viable.

For his power ranking, as of right now he seems like a standard B to me, he gets crushed by the elite armies and has trouble but still is competitive against the next tier armies. All in all he looks like a cool figure, that I'm looking forward to figuring out.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

He would be a great figure if it wasn't for the already very effective steamroller build available. He could be used in games with either point totals to low for Spartacus or crazy high games were 2 more Capuans can be thrown into the steamroller build, then Priscus might be a viable option instead of Retiarius. But that puts you at 740 pt total and those games in a tournament setting are rare. He's a cool figure and he looks like a fun one to play but he can't fit into manny point totals.

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:23 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Doing a slugfest tourney this weekend at 565 points ans seeing if Priscus is worth it. I could do any of the following:

Camuans * 5 = 350
Priscus += 450
Crixus += 540
25 points of filler

Capuans * 5 = 350
Sparticus += 550
15 points of filler

Capuans * 4 = 280
Priscus += 380
Crixus += 470
95 points of support/range (Raelin, rats * 2, thorgrim/finn, 3 wyrmlings, ranged hero).

Don't know which is best. Any opinions?
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:35 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Doing a slugfest tourney this weekend at 565 points ans seeing if Priscus is worth it. I could do any of the following:

Camuans * 5 = 350
Priscus += 450
Crixus += 540
25 points of filler

Capuans * 5 = 350
Sparticus += 550
15 points of filler

Capuans * 4 = 280
Priscus += 380
Crixus += 470
95 points of support/range (Raelin, rats * 2, thorgrim/finn, 3 wyrmlings, ranged hero).

I think the last option sounds best, particularly Raelin or some ranged support.

I think the advantage of Priscus is that he allows you to replace Spartacus with Priscus + Raelin, which makes your gladiators tougher overall. I haven't tried it yet though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

Camuans * 5 = 350
Priscus += 450
Crixus += 540
25 points of filler

Capuans * 5 = 350
Sparticus += 550
15 points of filler

Capuans * 4 = 280
Priscus += 380
Crixus += 470

I think the last option sounds best, particularly Raelin or some ranged support.

I think the advantage of Priscus is that he allows you to replace Spartacus with Priscus + Raelin, which makes your gladiators tougher overall. I haven't tried it yet though.

Yeah. Raelin sounds like a good option; just park her during the first OM or 2, then throw everything on Glads. Of course, Black Wyrmlings will also be a nice option against Marvel, as you can't roll extra D if you don't even get to roll D.

I would also consider:
  • Spartacus, Priscus, Capuans x3 510
  • MBS 560

You have some buffed Glads, although you will have to balance OMs as needed. You can either open or close with MBS, hopefully pinging some wounds on the Marvel studs via Paralyzing Stare.

Priscus tends to draw fire, so he could be a nice distraction to keep the big guys from targeting Spartacus early.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; May 24th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old November 17th, 2012, 10:55 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Filthy, the original image used in the OP was replaced--you need to update it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:07 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Filthy, the original image used in the OP was replaced--you need to update it.
I got it Filthy.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can update the OP with the Basic Side now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs