Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Which wetted your appetite the best?
Blodig Gnepdin 4 16.00%
Deepwater Spawn 3 12.00%
The Dirty Bubble 6 24.00%
Druaga 8 32.00%
Ebony Midnight 7 28.00%
Maz'Gath Demon 4 16.00%
Mortanis 1 4.00%
Runespiral 0 0%
Scrabbling Claws 10 40.00%
Skeletal Dwarf 8 32.00%
Skrit 6 24.00%
Terribelle 0 0%
War Pig 2 8.00%
Xvlthc 5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 7th, 2019, 01:36 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
CHOPS POLL - QC3 Summertime Contest - Vote by 8/13

Can it really be? Is it really here? After all this anticipation do you finally get to taste these marvelous entries that must have surely been driving your olfactory system mad for these last 48 hours?

I think you know the answer to that by now, and if you don't, scroll down.

This time around you can actually select your top 3 entries to vote for the prize in this qualifying round. Do remember that if you entered I insist that you vote and that you not vote for your own entry.

Now, let's see what the contestants have prepared for us. I had hoped to pare nice wine with each entry but, as you can probably tell, we were a bit rushed for time with a couple of grease fires coming up last minute so we had to go with the boxed stuff. At least that means we could triple the quantity...

Congratulations @Lumovanis
Scrabbling Claws

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@Lazy Orang 's Blodig Gnepdin

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@superfrog 's Deepwater Spawn

@kmgenius 's The Dirty Bubble

@Sir Heroscape 's Druaga

@Arch-vile 's Ebony Midnight

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@Iron Clubber 's Maz'Gath Demon

@Scytale 's Mortanis

@Scud-O 's Runespiral

@mac122 's Skeletal Dwarf

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@Astroking112 's Skrit

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@kolakoski 's Terribelle

@Astral Herring 's War Pig

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@NecroBlade 's Xvlthc

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; August 15th, 2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old August 7th, 2019, 01:43 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: CHOPS POLL - QC3 Summertime Contest - Vote by 8/13

14 entries!?
Old August 7th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 7th, 2019, 11:24 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Astonishing! Read after voting:
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 12th, 2019, 09:50 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Don't forget to vote! Poll ends tomorrow.

One design has a slim 2-vote lead over 3 other designs. Your vote could make a difference!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 12th, 2019, 04:42 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Some brief thoughts on all of the designs:

Blodig Gnepdin
This design has too much going on for my tastes. Faery Tricks 9 feels like it's practically four powers in one already, and I don't see the need to let a 25 point Unique Hero filler bypass so much defense. Bloody Redcap is interesting, though, and I think it'd be novel on a more powerful card.

Deepwater Spawn
I like the theme of these guys. Placing those water tiles gives me pause, though; letting each of them place a water tile within 6 spaces of your starting zone sounds like it could permit some cheese tactics of just blocking off all chokepoints and letting a ranged pod pick off the opponent without even needing to leave. I also think that they're unlikely to get much use, since they don't start in water unless they've been killed and revived and only have 3 move to get to that water. It's a really cool idea, but one that I think is in need of further gameplay refinement.

The Dirty Bubble

In all seriousness, I do worry that he's too powerful for 15 points, and I don't see the need for a bubble to have 3 attack. I'm not really that familiar with C3G, though, so perhaps my concerns aren't relevant here.

Druaga
This is a pretty simple design. Having both his good attack and disengage be inconsistent could be frustrating, but for a 40 point filler it's not too shabby at all.

Ebony Midnight
I really like using 9 life instead of some kind of defensive power here. Bad Luck also gives her a neat niche by penalizing figures that attack her, but I'm not a fan of making it a penalty that takes place for the entire round. Ideally, there would be some kind of bad luck markers to remove the need to remember which specific figures attacked her, but even then, I don't see many instances where I'd be forced to attack her early enough in a round for it to matter. I like the concept, but I think that Bad Luck could be streamlined a fair bit.

Maz'gath Demon
I'm not a fan of needing to remember starting zones after the game begins. It has some neat interplay with Demonic Horde (which I think feels odd as well without any other accompanying Small Demons to choose), but I think that the approach could be simplified.

Mortanis
The idea of an unreliable Order Marker dump is always one that I've liked, and your opponent choosing your move is a decent risk. I would like to see this at a higher point cost with a little more survivability, though, because as it stands I think that it's too fragile to be used past the first round.

Runespiral
Displacement is serviceable, but not particularly exciting to me. Combining that with another defensive power in melee takes away the need to engage these guys, and I don't really like subtracting the attacker's defense value from your roll too much. I also think that these guys are significantly undercosted. They've got 4 attack, a 50+% chance of avoiding ranged attacks, and a solid chance of avoiding melee, all for only 10 points. I think that if I only had 10 points left, I'd still pick Isamu, but these guys are Common and feel like they should be nearly triple the price.

Scrabbling Claws
Seeing a squad is refreshing. I like the direction of this design quite a bit, but feel like it could be simplified a bit. Deathgrip's wording is off, and I think that the design overall would be stronger by cutting either it or Overwhelming Numbers (although I like the Horde Movement and Deathgrip combo with normal Zombies to back them up).

Skeletal Dwarf
I know that the contest required designs to use a non-attacking D20 power, but tying it to the spawning of these guys (and then letting them take turns) feels off to me. Terrifying Presence is a nice way to tie into the terrifying personality while synergizing well with the Axegrinders. I don't see the need for Fearless Advantage here, especially for only 10 points.

Skrit
The terrifying personality feels a little forced to me here. I get that she has a sneak attack, but I don't fully buy an Ullar rat-person with that personality. I also feel like the combo of Misdirection Serum 12 and Misdirection Cloud is a bit overdone; while it's neat that she has a defensive way to move figures instead of disengage, I think that it'd be nice if they were simplified.

Terribelle
Pixiedust of Terror is too vague. "The most direct path away from Terribelle" leaves a lot of room for interpretation, especially if there's some less obvious obstacles such as lava in one of the potential routes.

War Pig
Much like the Blodig, I think that this design has too much going on. Spirit Pig is two powers in one, I'm not quite sure what a "living mount" is, I don't see the need for a special attack that uses markers on a 20 point figure, and I'm not sure why they fear water so much. That said, Aquaphobe's power text gave me a good laugh.

Xvlthc
A cheap unique homunculus is a neat idea, but I have a tough time buying 9 life for such a small figure here. I don't like how Xvlthc can so easily move other figures (even Raelin) when damaged, though. Sure, it's not the most reliable way to move a cheerleader (or dunk an opponent in some lava within 4 spaces), but for only 15 points, it's a steal.

Anyway, that's all of my thoughts on the entries. I think that there were a ton of unique ideas here, and it's hard to decide which three I want to vote for.
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:38 AM

Looks like the poll is still open until after midnight (assuming my page is showing central time). So, there's still time to make a difference with your vote!

The same design is in the lead, but now the margin is only 1 vote over 2 other entries and 2 votes over a third entry. 3 other designs are within striking distance if enough people vote!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I voted for the Skeletal Dwarf, I like how I could just draft a few into a Dwarf army. So nice job Mac122!
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:23 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Congrats Lumovanis! Your design was my favorite. Very cool theme and the mechanics back it up well.
Old August 15th, 2019, 11:40 PM

Congrats, @Lumovanis ! I'm glad you won by 2 votes so that it wasn't my vote for you that gave you the victory!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 15th, 2019, 11:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Congratulations, Lumovanis! The Scrabbling Claws were definitely an interesting entry, and I love that you made a squad for the contest rather than a hero.
Old August 16th, 2019, 04:07 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Congrats, @Lumovanis! Well deserved - the only one to come up with a squad, even. Nice thematic powers. My only complaint is the fingernail target points are a little weird, but if I'm honest I'm not sure what a better spot would be on a hand!

Blodig Gnepdin: Just a little too much going on for me, especially in Faery Tricks.

Deepwater Spawn: Love the theme, love the water tile placement. 3 Move is probably a huge drawback, though.

The Dirty Bubble: I was amused.

Druaga: Might be the most likely candidate for an "official" card, but I honestly just found him kind of boring as far as the competition goes.

Ebony Midnight: I found it funny that a cat was the most expensive figure. Not a fan of having to remember Bad Luck for "the rest of the round"; if that was reworked this would've been a homerun for me.

Maz'gath Demon: I like the engaged restriction on Demonic Horde, but I don't get the theme of Send Them Home. Plus start zones vary wildly from map to map.

Mortanis: Kind of hard to tell but I think it's a brain in a jar? Always liked the idea of units like this, though rolling a 1 is very harsh, given the uselessness and fragility of this figure itself.

Runespiral: Seems like it does a bit much for 10 points. Not sure what the Defense value has to do with Panic. Displacement I kind of like, though; reminds me a bit of what we're trying to do with AotV's Phantoms.

Skeletal Dwarf: Theme and powers are good, I just didn't like adding to the dwarf army as much as some of the other out-of-the-box ideas.

Skrit: The biggest flaw here for me was that she can't move herself with Misdirection Cloud.

Terribelle: Love the name of the tiniest Warwitch. "The most direct path" for non-adjacent figures would create a lot of arguments, though.

War Pig: Someone was having too much fun coming up with stuff to put on this card. Getting
stuck in my head was great, though.

Xvlthc: When I saw this guy in the list of figures, I immediately wanted to riff on the M:tG cards he came from. Glad to see he got a few votes, though, as I said, GenCon sort of rushed things and it shows (I like the theme he has, but 9 Life is probably overkill).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards