Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 23rd, 2022, 07:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Gonna drop a short review here for M.A.R.S. by @Astroking112

For Balance the obvious concern is the double explosion with a potential for 14 single space targets, or 18 if you’ve got a couple double-spacers involved. Other than that the stats aren’t noteworthy for the point cost.

For Creativity and Theme I want to point out how much I like the 4 move and 4 range combo. The theme there is good and the interplay with the missile barrage attack is creative. Militaristic is interesting but depending on your view of militaries in general it may very well be very correct.

With those out of the way the main focus is Playability. M.A.R.S. (as stated above) has world-breaking potential with 14 targets. Luckily, there are three main ways that this potential is kept in check.

The first is that your opponent knows that M.A.R.S. does indeed have a double explosion, and won’t just clump up 14 figures for you to blast at. In practice, this limits M.A.R.S. to 2 targets, sometimes 3. This is nothing to write home about, and is mostly useful in preventing your opponent from clogging up the map and waiting to pounce (since they don’t want explosions).

The second way this is kept in check is with M.A.R.S.’s low threat range. Planning a SZ rush? Well don’t. You’re not gonna get there in time. This is not a Zelrig situation. There will be no update to mapmaker’s guidelines that says “please make sure M.A.R.S. isn’t broken on this map.”

Others have alluded to M.A.R.S.’s third deficiency, which is that 3 dice is quite unreliable. My biggest (in terms of numbers) explosion in testing was a 9-figure double explosion (I think, maybe Sir H remembers) that occurred when I took an initiative switch to run 8 spaces and blast the SZ. I got 1 skull and killed nothing. And of course, this is no surprise: 50% of the time, you’ll get 0 or 1 skulls.

This is not to say that M.A.R.S. is unplayable or bad: He can have some pretty powerful games, especially when you utilize your own figures to connect the dots for some explosions. Occasionally you’ll put all the pieces together with a decent number of targets in range and roll a 2- or 3-skull blast to clear a section or two of the board.

And other times the 4 dice is helpful if M.A.R.S. needs to clear out a single adjacent figure without getting wrecked by his own 3 dice. My overall Conclusion is that M.A.R.S. is a fun design that does a good job of limiting its theoretical power output and it definitely deserves a place in Valhalla. to induct.

Old May 23rd, 2022, 07:41 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death!

Exciting stuff!

“MARS Attack!”

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 166 - 69
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 23rd, 2022, 09:41 PM

Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby! Knox rolls all skulls baby!

Woohoo! M.A.R.S. is definitely going to get some play soon.

Thanks a ton SuperFrog for the time and investment - and to all the judges who reviewed MARS!
Old May 24th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

M.A.R.S. by @Astroking112 has received 4 Yea votes to induct (Scytale, Dysole, Vydar_XLIII, and superfrog) and moves forward in the process.
Old May 24th, 2022, 02:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grats!
Old May 24th, 2022, 08:38 PM

Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby! Blue Trails rolls all skulls baby!

Congratulations to Astroking! M.A.R.S. looks like a lot of fun.

Also, I'd like to echo the support for Nordlung. It's a well-designed unit with a great sculpt!
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby! Vydar_XLIII rolls all skulls baby!

My apologies on the lateness of this vote. I could've sworn I did this, like, 2 weeks ago.

to review Nordlung. I'm with Scy on the power names, but like he said that's minor. I do have some concerns as I laid out earlier, but its all theoryscape now and I have to get him on my table to address those.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Won Me Over

to Nordlung

I also do not love the power names. Sherman has enough of an explanation though that I can live with them. All other concerns are testing.

~Dysole, who mulled on this for too long
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Flip...... I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for M.A.R.S, I love the concept and design of the unit

H E R O S C A P E

2004-2010

Joke's on you WotC! - 2022

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs