Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 31st, 2018, 03:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: wriggz's Customs: Members of Order - 2018/07/30

Thank you wriggz, very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Malidar the firey, (Superfrog)
I just couldn’t pull the trigger and allow for a figure to potentially get 4 automatic skulls (high ground + aura or spirit) so I fell back on the special attack to get 2 automatic skulls. Again Jandar can always use some love and the colour scheme of the mini I’m using is a better match.
Old August 4th, 2018, 06:55 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: wriggz's Customs: Others/Inspired Designs 2018/07/30

This is such a great idea! And such a good way to expose myself to more customs, too.

On this subject, I actually did have a version of one of your customs I made for myself, Wriggz. Would you want to see them?
Old October 21st, 2018, 03:06 PM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart

Hi wriggz's, I used Janak in a recent local match with a Marro Hive build against a Vydar themed team and he was definitely a bit of fun! Hiding him among Marro to protect glyphs was the story of the game, unfortunately he was eventually done in by Major Q9 (Damn special attacks haha).

Janak - 65
Marro Hive - 160
Marro Stingers x3 - 180
Marro Drudge x2 - 100
Ne-gok-sa - 90

vs

Major Q9 - 180
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Microcorp Agents x3 - 300

2 Surviving Microcorps, and Major Q9 with only a single wound. So I got roasted, but just thought I'd share lol. Thanks for the custom!
Old October 21st, 2018, 09:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clubber View Post
Hi wriggz's, I used Janak in a recent local match with a Marro Hive build against a Vydar themed team and he was definitely a bit of fun! Hiding him among Marro to protect glyphs was the story of the game, unfortunately he was eventually done in by Major Q9 (Damn special attacks haha).

Janak - 65
Marro Hive - 160
Marro Stingers x3 - 180
Marro Drudge x2 - 100
Ne-gok-sa - 90

vs

Major Q9 - 180
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Microcorp Agents x3 - 300

2 Surviving Microcorps, and Major Q9 with only a single wound. So I got roasted, but just thought I'd share lol. Thanks for the custom!
Glad you could use him. I like all the pirates since it is like playing a unit that won't always obey your orders. It is funny how you don't really think of your customs being played out in the wild, but here we are.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 20th, 2022, 03:11 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversions - Jandar - 2022/04/20

Arena of the Planes Walker - Jandar

So I've had these customs kicking around for a long time after painting the mini for the game. They are not well playtested, but there are some cool designs, so I figured I would share. There are obviously a few heroes, but the Squads are all Unique allowing for investigating some interesting design spaces.

First up is my Jandar designs, which include the new race of Azurians. There is minimal synergy here, but I'm not to worried about it. I also added more to a possible Palandin/Cleric faction.

Azurian Chasers

Design Notes: Removing OM can be very powerful, thus limiting it to this melee unique squad.

Orber Wite

Design Notes: Simple flying special attack, nothing special here.

Edith Ado

Design Notes: Like Mika before her, Edith is a "Terrain" mage allowing her to alter the map. I think the team of a Lithomancer is very clear here.

Ordre de Ni

Design Notes: Their very name inspires fear in their enemies. Double turns can be very effective and make them very versatile on the battlefield. I like their lawful good theme. The ability to help after death is the gift that keeps on giving.

Retari

Design Notes: Coming up with Raelin stand ins can be difficult, but adds variety to the draft pool. 210 points for defense boosters is a lot, so I don't think he would be broken with Raelin. I know the design allows for Ritari to be drafted WITH undead and use his own figures as bombs, but I find that sort of synergy interesting.

Phoenixes of Rennoc

Design Notes: Finally these are my Phoenixes. They can be annoying to deal with since they can keep popping back up, but they are tied to unique heroes, and need to survive an opponents attacking turn before being able to activate. They are also made of paper making clearing them out easier than other regenerating units

Last edited by wriggz; April 22nd, 2022 at 09:49 PM.
Old April 28th, 2022, 02:30 PM

Re: wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversion - Jandar - 2022-04-20

So I've had these customs kicking around for a long time after painting the mini for the game. They are not well playtested, but there are some cool designs, so I figured I would share. There are obviously a few heroes, but the Squads are all Unique allowing for investigating some interesting design spaces.

Arena of the Planes Walker - Aquilla

Next up is Aquilla designs. This is on of the smaller General additions with a Magic User and expanding on the water theme that the Water Elemental set.

Kyndill

Design Notes: Arena of the planeswalker added a bunch of medium fantasy figures and Kyndill is another example. I decided to make her a Pyromancer instead of a wizard to limit some synergy. I like adding these elemental mages mimicking Mika Connour as a shadow mage. In play she runs hot with the double attack, and fire leaping around the board. With such low range the 5/3 Life/Defense doesn't last long.

Thelxieope

Design Notes: Named following Greek Mythology, this merfolk queen is a great support unit, even when maps lack water. Again following Mika, she can add water around the board potentially messing with enemy plans. With Water carry she can move other units around the board which is a nice boon.

Triton

Design Notes: Another Water Mage, here I wanted to add some Wizard synergy. More attack orinated than Thelxieope, Triton can be especially powerful on water maps with his superior range and attack. Drafting the pair can allow you to set up a go postion for Triton to snipe from high ground.

Water Sprite

Design Notes: Finally another unique squad of Elementars. Potentally throwing 6 attacks of 3 can be very strong, so they have a high point cost, and can work well with figures like Thelxieope dropping water on the map or other figures that introduce water spaces. Any way to avoid ranged attacks is quite powerful, but water is stationary and normally on low ground so it keeps them in check.

Last edited by wriggz; April 28th, 2022 at 10:25 PM.
Old April 29th, 2022, 10:16 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversion - Aquilla - 2022-04-28

Hey @wriggz have you thought about joining the AotV project? We're trying to turn the AotP figures into a fully VC compatible master set
Old April 30th, 2022, 01:21 PM

Re: wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversion - Aquilla - 2022-04-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Hey @wriggz have you thought about joining the AotV project? We're trying to turn the AotP figures into a fully VC compatible master set
I've checked in every once in a while. These are all old designs that I found on my hard drive and thought I post. My limited heroscape time (2 kids under 7) is dedicated to SoV judging lately, but maybe I'll stop by with some comments.

Old May 4th, 2022, 03:50 PM

Re: wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversion - Ullar - 2022-05-04

Arena of the Planes Walker - Ullar

Next up is Ullar designs. Due to the magic nature of Arena, there were a lot more oppertunties to add to Ullar, and as one of the lower count generals, I was happy to expand his ranks. The numbers of cards also look larger due to the "dual" werewolf cards.

Oxshire Rangers and Ravagers

Design Notes: I liked the AotP mechanic of one card turning into another, and copied it here. Staring with the Rangers you have a solid ranged unit which can do even more damange over short range. This is a great lead up to the figures taking a wound and becoming the Ravagers. Allowing you to move the OM's make for possible choice moment as you may have one Ravager and one Ranger on the board.

When the Ravagers do hit the board, you have moon fury which gives them the attack power to get revenge on whatever caused them to change in the first place. of course the Ravagers have a 15% chance of reverting to Rangers and are left as sitting ducks.

Jiner and Wolven Jinner

Design Notes: Starting with Jiner on the board, you have the potential of infecting another figure with Lycanthropy just like the werewolf lord. She is not a bad ranged figure on her own, but things change when she finally has enough damage to transform.

Once transformed Wolven Jiner can enhance other Hybrid D20 rolls including the afore mentioned Werewolf Lord. With so many Hybrid fillers around she can pull them into the action with Moon Frenzy or take turns with infected heroes. Once on the board, Wolven Jiner has a strong attack and decent move. Standard survivability keeps her in check, though due to the transformed power, she does not have to be developed from a start zone.

Betri Rangers

Design Notes: A simple Elf squad, they are move consistant at dishing out skulls at the cost of higher potential attack. On a forested map they behave like KRAV, but in the open they are much easier to take down.

Feylin Pathfinders

Design Notes: I really wanted to get the feel of Scouts with this two man unique squad. They have the move and bouse move power to get them up the board quickly to allow ranged Elves (like Elf wizards, Betri ranges, or the Aubrien Archer) to get the bonus attack dice. You want to bring them down before they engage, as defensive agility can be a pain to deal with.

Ilisabiph

Design Notes: Sure we already have 9 elf wizards, but why not more? Ilisabiph is very much cribbed off her planswalker template. Shorter range keeps her from kitting to much with fleet foot. A nice range enhancement make her worth drafting with other elves.

Arcane Firecats

Design Notes: With all the Wizards floating around, I felt giving them some synergy would make them more draftable. The firecats are basically a wall of flames that acts as a screen for the wizard. They don't have much attack power, but that is not their primary roll as you can set them up to give the Wizard(s) more time to set up on high ground to rain flames down. I like how they vanish if you loose your last wizard as if they are a conjured spell.

Pummelroot Protectors

Design Notes: Finally, what if the wildwood faction was a squad? These wildwoods have the potential to keep coming back and are priced accordingly. their slow move easily keep them in check, just like the inspiration of their design.

Old May 13th, 2022, 01:26 PM

wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversion - EINAR - 2022-05-13

Arena of the Planes Walker - Einar

Continuing around the General colour wheel we have Einar. This is much more of a mixed bag, since Einar is typically not well represented outside historical figures. Some of these choices for general would be more controversial but it is my collection after all.

Ajax

Design Notes: The only historical figure, I pigeonholed this figure into a Gladiator with a whip rather than make another magic user. He looks close enough for me, and allowed me to make him a bit of a "pit-boss" figure. Here you have high risk/high reward as there are some really strong Marauders (Hydra/Rachiem/Marthuka) but there is a risk of loosing one permanently. Originally I had a limit to only OM 1 like Ornak and a D20 increase for each wound on the heroes card, but removed both. Looking back I'm going to need to add one of those back otherwise Ajax is broken.

Diceroes Chargers

Design Notes: Here is a fun and simple unique Squad, the chargers greatly benefit from staying in formation like the romans before them. IF you can keep them in a pack they really are a Steamroller, but once they start to fall, they fall fast. I always enjoy adding units that require formation so that figures like DW9000 have good targets for splash attacks.

Mosdratanus

Design Notes: Flip a few letters in a name and you can pay homage to one of the most infamous oracles of history. Normally Einar doesn't do magic, but the colour scheme fit well, and auras require positioning to use. Basically, Mos is a cheap, less mobile, unreliable Raelin. Not a bad filler, and sometimes knowing your opponents plans can turn the tide in the endgame.

Wisborg Nobles

Design Notes: Who says Einar cannot have his own vampires. In this case the Vampires are more noble than the dregs that Valkrill and Utgar dig up. These nobles are like a squad version of Cyprian, able to fly and heal. The attack boost against undead makes them very dangerous to many undead armies.

Vladimir Orlok

Design Notes: A hero to go with the squad, there is no synergy here, but not everything needs to have synergy web. Here we have a tormented vampire trying to fight his inner thirst. He has a very strong attack for a stealth flying figure allowing him to be a strong assassin, but there is always the risk he may turn on you, or an opponent might drop him in lava if its on the board.

Old May 19th, 2022, 09:22 PM

Re: wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversion - Vydar- 2022-05-20

Arena of the Planes Walker - Vydar

The next featured general is Vydar. Like Einar, there are less tech units in AotP so I dipped into the undead theme a bit, as well a the tricky aspect of the general.

Vofa and Illusions

Design Notes: Here we have another paired card similar to the Irksa and the Retchets. Vofa can keep bringing the Illusions back, but at the cost of an attack, which can allow the enemy to further cripple the illusionist. Of course Vofa has other tricks such as switching with the illusions, and the chance to avoid damage by putting an illusion in his place.

The Illisions basically evaporate when they are engaged due to the 0 defense, but last longer when attacked by range. Special attacks eat them up, but that keeps them in check. Vofa benefits form the Illusions moving up the board with flying and he can quickly gain high ground with his 3 range 5 attack.

Unchained Specters

Design Notes: One of the few units that have synergy outside the AotP box, the Specters feed off commons. Like the Airborne they don't start on the board, instead "rising up" during the game along side your existing forces. This allows them to be positioned for Possess, and keep the the common figure in play. Rinse and Repeat. This forces the decision to attack the common figures, or the stout 5 defense Specter to stop it ever coming back. This does encourage some turtling, but also causes clumping (great for splash damage) and is un-reliable.

Ilyena Esenwein

Design Notes: Not my design but Son of Arathorn, Ilyena was a design I liked so I slapped it on the black Planeswalker. I suppose she had a falling out with the other Esenwein clan, and ended up with Vydar. I suppose she drives figures crazy with her domination and forces them to self harm and attack those around them. Although it is interesting she can feed off those she dominates.

Doctor Frokensteen

Design Notes: Clearly the correct spelling of the famous doctor, Frokensteen, is the most tech related unit in the bunch. His weapon is a bit of risk to use, but on a good role can throw serious dice from range. Smokescreen is in the same vein as the Nakita agents Smoke Power, but more forgiving to the attacker. A fun cyberpunk unit that serves the role of pre Clayton lawmen.

Old May 27th, 2022, 01:22 PM

wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversion - Valkrill - 2022-05-27

Arena of the Planes Walker - Valkrill

The penultimate general for AotP customs is Valkrill. Here we have only 4 units focusing on the undead faction. More than any other general, these designs need to be played with other units - specifically C3V units.

Nidhogg Cultists

Design Notes: Another set of Cultists to work with demons, the Nidhogg cultists are designed to summon previously destroyed demons. The D20 boost from near by cultists represents a summoning circle. While returning a 100-200 point figure on a D14 is strong, the Cultists are made of paper, and only have a meager 2 attack from range 5. You also have to destroy a cultist to get the demon, as Valkrill units are wont to do.

Legion of Nastrond

Design Notes: Applying Rejected by Death to a squad can be very powerful and here you pay for it. Low defense also keeps them in check, but 3 attack of 4 can be very hard to ignore, especially when they can pop on beside figures on the front lines. They may benefit from a Defense/move reduction.

Court of Annellietia

Design Notes: This squad of weaker vampires represents "new" vampires which are more lustful for blood. They lack flying by make up for it with high move and potential frenzy turns. They might be too powerful against lower defense units, as 7 is a fairly low bar for frenzy.

Okunnigr

Design Notes: One of my favorite customer to come out of the AotP box Okunnigr needs to be paired with the thrall army. increasing the odds of activating more thralls, his cheerleading makes the Thralls much more competitive, while creating a target for assassins. Although Okunnigr can be activated by Mindless pack, he is more likely to wait in the starzone for clean up due to his commanding value.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards