Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 17th, 2015, 11:05 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Star Trek Fleet Captains: Silk Purse From Sow's Ear?

Meanwhile . . . all of the Star Wars crap (X-Wing, Armada, Imperial Assault, the LCG, the RPG, etc.) is going gangbusters! I guess G.Lucas won over that generation with all those toys and video games that he franchised. I would still like to someday play STFC and eventually add it to my collection, but currently it's not high on my priority list.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 17th, 2015, 11:14 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"Merchandize!"
--Yoghurt, Space Balls

I do own all the old Star Wars minis, and the old spaceship game (handy if you need to field some Heroscape Zettian Deathwings). I pretty much capped my SW purchases after that, although I've played X-Wing.

I also have a few extra STFC usable ships made for Star Trek Attack Wing, and some custom ship cards made by a friend's pal to use them with!
Old July 17th, 2015, 11:56 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Ah-ha... The OLD Star Wars Mini's Game, yes... I remember it well. I thought it had potential as a light fantasy war game and collected 1,000 - 1,500 point armies for most of the major factions: Clones, SS-Troopers, Rebels, Wookiees, Gungans, Sith, Mercenaries, etc., and stayed away from the ridiculously expensive Jedi super heroes. They've never seen any table time except once or thrice I tried to demo a simple scenario (in "Imperial Assault" fashion) to my step-grandson or a friend. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, c'est le jeu. Maybe someday there'll be a opportunity, but otherwise several have become HeroScape C3V customs (including three squads of Death Wings).

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 17th, 2015, 12:38 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've played HOSS. Before that, I played SW Minis on Scape terrain, simply making 1 SWM inch equal 1 HS hex; it works fine.
Old December 15th, 2015, 06:53 AM

A play group down in Maryland is now testing some custom Star Bases for the different factions, and I've got the models for them from down there. I only have the stat card for one so far, but the rest are coming. They look like they will be fun to play, each customized for their particular race/faction.

Fan made professional looking cards and rules for Star Trek factions not officially made are now available on boardgamegeek, but I don't have the tech to download them.

The game remains the 'ugly stepchild' and no new expansion has been announced this year, which is too bad!

My pal Taeblewalker now has the base game and the Dominion expansion, but the earlier Romulan expansions is out of print, and my FLGS sold their last copy two weeks ago. So grab these while you can if you are interested! Extra but expensive compatible ships from the other tactical game continue to be available.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games