Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 21st, 2010, 03:14 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Adam's SHC - Orange Lantern Lex Luthor

Since I spend soo much time in other people's custom hero discussions I figured that I should produce some of my own.

I'm open to suggestions, so feel free to make them.

IMAGE GALLERY

AMERICAN CHAMPION - City of Heroes

AZORIAN - City of Heroes

BAT LANTERN - DC NM24 APPROVED

BASEBALL FURIES - Common Squad

BISHOP - Marvel

BLACK WIDOW Marvel

DEADPOOL - Marvel

BLUE LANTERN - UNCOMMON HERO - DC

DOMINO - Marvel UCS APPROVED

DOMINO - Marvel - Playtests

FANATICS - DC - Common Squad

GAMBIT - Marvel

GREEN GOBLIN - Marvel

IRON FIST Marvel

IRON FIST Marvel (Alternate Version)

JESTER - DC (Crisis on Two Earths DVD version)

MASTER TANG - City of Heroes

JUGGERNAUT - Marvel

MOCKINGBIRD - Marvel

ORANGE LANTERN - LEX LUTHOR - DC

PARAMEDIC - Common Hero

SCARLET SPIDER - Marvel

SECURITY DRONES - Common Squad

SENTINELS MKII & MKIII Marvel

SPIDERMAN 2099 - Marvel

THE THING - Marvel

THUNDERSTIKE - Marvel

ULTRAMAN - DC (Crisis on Two Earths DVD version)

WAR MACHINE Marvel

WHIZZER - Marvel

WHIZZER II - Marvel

Last edited by Adam Souza; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:20 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Adam's Custom Heroes - Domino

Fist up DOMINO

While playing SuperScape I often wish for more lower point cost heroes to fill the gaps while team building. After playing with Guilty McCreech I was inpired.
Domino started out as a nameswap with Guilty's stats, but my gaming group insisted she should be more than that. So with a bit of tweaking, after reading up on her I came up with this.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Domino was the very first submission in the Up & Coming Sidekick Thread. She went through a a series of revisions, based on the very helpful suggestions of some of our community members and came out a much better custom for it.

AFTER THAT:

The 90 point UCS version of Domino is entirely playable. She works really well in Valhallascape. In Superscape she's kinda light weight, so I've tinkered with the idea of a heavier hitting, more expensive Domino.

She's a work in a progress, but feel free to comment on her.

Last edited by Adam Souza; April 20th, 2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I definitely think Superheroscape needs to find more 30-80 point heroes!
For Luck, I would spell out "any of her attack or defense dice" just for that extra level of clarity.
For Evening the Odds, should it be opponent's figure specifically? The "may make them reroll the result" really doesn't seem like you're referring to figures you control. In fact, since figures don't roll or anything, you might put in something about "you may make that player reroll and take the new result."
Another thing on that power - it's always 20-sided die in this game, never D20.
I know it's not beyond official precedence to have the same power text with a different title, but a cool title like "Dual Wielding Pistols" seems like it deserves more than to just be "Double Attack."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know the character, which typically means I can't really comment, but I just wanted to say that I agree with the concept that IAB touched on...that is, having lower priced heroes. Everyone wants a trumped up version of their favorite character, but I really enjoy some of the lesser powered figures.

The problem is that we ARE talking about super-heroes, so I don't know of may options that truly fit into that sub-100 category. The only one of my customs that I think would really fit would be Bucky, who I think I currently have around 130 or so.

If there are logical fits for sub-100, I think it is a great idea.

After glancing at the card, my initial thought is that she is undercosted a bit, but that is without doing any hard comparisons to official figs (and I am not good at costing without those comparisons).
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:21 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, definitely under-priced. She's functionally (the math actually says she isn't quite this good but it's close) equivalent to a 6 atk, 6 def figure with range and a double attack limited to a maximum of three skulls/shields. From height make that 8/8 limited to 4. The 3 life is a good limiting factor but I'd price her significantly higher that Syvarris. She's not quite in Iron Man's league, but it's close. Mebbe 180?

~Aldin, who notes she's also wicked good with Raelin or Thorgrim

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:55 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quick comments.

For the dice rerolls, you should probably nab the wording off of Kiova:

When rolling dice for attack or defense with Domino, you may re-roll any dice. Luck may be used only once for each attack or defense roll.

Also, you might as well call Double Attack Double Attack. There's even a character already who has Double Attack because he dual wields pistols.
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Agreed. Under-priced. I'd say 110 at the least.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I'm concerned about the 20-sided die rerolls.

Does it include initiative? Only when she's in play?
Obviuosly Runa's Aura against Domino, but what about the other figures in her army? Their dying affects Domino.
Same with the Curse glyph.

Just asking.

(I still can't +rep you again for the work on my Ghost Rider custom).

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM

First off, let me say thank you for all the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I definitely think Superheroscape needs to find more 30-80 point heroes!
That is definitely my agenda here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For Luck, I would spell out "any of her attack or defense dice" just for that extra level of clarity.
Oddly enough, that is how I originally worded it. I only changed it last night as I retyping up the card. I agree though, so I'll end up changing it back

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
For Evening the Odds, should it be opponent's figure specifically? The "may make them reroll the result" really doesn't seem like you're referring to figures you control. In fact, since figures don't roll or anything, you might put in something about "you may make that player reroll and take the new result."
Another thing on that power - it's always 20-sided die in this game, never D20.
Excellent suggestions. This is the kind of polish I needed another set of eyes for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I know it's not beyond official precedence to have the same power text with a different title, but a cool title like "Dual Wielding Pistols" seems like it deserves more than to just be "Double Attack."
I was debating whether to make it a special attack at one point, but decided to keep it to the double attack. I really was trying to use Guilty McCreech as my basis for this custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerManiac
After glancing at the card, my initial thought is that she is undercosted a bit, but that is without doing any hard comparisons to official figs (and I am not good at costing without those comparisons).
I did base her on Guilty McCreech. She just kinda got upsized from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Yeah, definitely under-priced. She's functionally (the math actually says she isn't quite this good but it's close) equivalent to a 6 atk, 6 def figure with range and a double attack limited to a maximum of three skulls/shields. From height make that 8/8 limited to 4. The 3 life is a good limiting factor but I'd price her significantly higher that Syvarris. She's not quite in Iron Man's league, but it's close. Mebbe 180?

~Aldin, who notes she's also wicked good with Raelin or Thorgrim
Thank you for sharing the concerns, but I don't see how she could almost be as good as 6 attack and 6 defense if she caps out at 3 successes. If you could explain the math I would appreciate it.

If she does turn out to be really worth the 180 range, I would lower her stats. I really want to keep her to under 100 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
For the dice rerolls, you should probably nab the wording off of Kiova:

When rolling dice for attack or defense with Domino, you may re-roll any dice. Luck may be used only once for each attack or defense roll.

Also, you might as well call Double Attack Double Attack. There's even a character already who has Double Attack because he dual wields pistols.
Those are suggestions I am likely to take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScapeMage921
Agreed. Under-priced. I'd say 110 at the least.
Could you please share the train of thought you used to arrive at that number? It would help me to understand why you believe she's overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad
I'm concerned about the 20-sided die rerolls.

Does it include initiative? Only when she's in play?
Obviuosly Runa's Aura against Domino, but what about the other figures in her army? Their dying affects Domino.
Same with the Curse glyph.
Definitely valid questions. I am aware that it may needed to be worded more clearly.

The intent is that she can force 20 sided die rerolls on abilities directed against her.( Cyprien's chilling touch, Dr Doom's Mind Exchange, Red Skull's Dust-of-Death, etc...)

As for Runa, she could force the reroll against Domino, but not against the others. Their dying affects Domno's team, but not Domino directly.

Domino doesn't roll initiative, and the opponents doesn't roll initiative directly against Domino, so her power would not affect initiative

I would say that her luck could be applied to any glyph that requires a D20 roll.

Also, you didn't mention it, but I want to address it. I specifically tried to leave the wording open enough that she could allow the C3G Jean Grey and Magneto rerolls if they were attempting to move her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad
(I still can't +rep you again for the work on my Ghost Rider custom).
Thank you for the compliment. With luck we will get to colloborate again in the future.
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

I really like your Dom custom, maybe she should be notched up to 90 or something, since she have 1 point more in life, attack, defense and more special ability's, than Mc Creech. But that said she would make a very worthy 90 point hero.. I'm actually doing some writing on her at the moment, and I think I will keep her cost low as well..

Also, good work on responding to everything that had been said, I'm new to the forum, and forum's in general.. And your reply is really something I can learn from.
Old February 21st, 2010, 04:22 PM

Thanks Wolvie!!

I've learned that nothing kindles my interest more, in other people's customs, than them acutally listening to what I have to day about them. I try to inpire that responce in all of those who take an interest in my work.

As for your suggestions. I could probably live with her at 90 points. I'm going to try and playtest her on my own later this week and get a real feal for her point value.

I've decided to try and use the C3G playtesting format for my customs. It seems to work well enough for C3G

I'll keep an eye out for your Domino custom. Please feel free to link to it here in this thread once you have it ready.

Unrelated, I dig your Avatar ! Is that you in the pic ?
Old February 21st, 2010, 04:50 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post
Thanks Wolvie!!

I've learned that nothing kindles my interest more, in other people's customs, than them acutally listening to what I have to day about them. I try to inpire that responce in all of those who take an interest in my work.

As for your suggestions. I could probably live with her at 90 points. I'm going to try and playtest her on my own later this week and get a real feal for her point value.

I've decided to try and use the C3G playtesting format for my customs. It seems to work well enough for C3G

I'll keep an eye out for your Domino custom. Please feel free to link to it here in this thread once you have it ready.

Unrelated, I dig your Avatar ! Is that you in the pic ?
Yep it's me, made the claws for a haloween party last year
and the hair and beard are just me

I'm really trying to get a grip of C3G's work as well, it's just plain stupid not to learn from these guys, seeing how much experience they've gathered..
Look forward to hear how the playtest of her goes.. would love to know how the C3G playtest works out for you as well?

And I'll give you a link as soon as I have her done..

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations