Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 21st, 2019, 02:13 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Being clear/white, you may be able to style them as spectral hunting hounds for Jandar...
Old August 22nd, 2019, 07:40 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't honestly understand the dislike for transparent figures, as long as the design accounts for it. I have not responded to comments about this aspect of the figures, because I'm honestly really disappointed by this reaction. It's similar to the reluctance to let anything fantasy through, because there's already so much of it. We don't really have a choice. We get what WizKids, or Paizo decides to make. We hunt for anything with enough quantity before even humoring the idea of designing something for it. I wouldn't have even tried to design for these figures if I had not thought of Veil of Moribund, and themed them around hellhounds dragging there victims away. I can understand wanting to avoid unpainted figures, but transparent was always the exception. The Water elemental, the Fire elemental, the Banshees of Durgeth, and my own Specters of Aldorn. They are not painted, but they are transparent. Is it just that these hounds don't have color like the Banshees?

I don't know how I feel about making them Unique. They are in production figures that come as a set, so common squad makes the most sense to me. Hellhounds aren't like Cerberus, or other mythical creatures that only had one, or very few in existence. Hellhounds are more generic. They are beasts from a nether realm, controlled by demons, and devils, to drag people's souls into purgatory.

Drag could be lowered to 4 move. That wouldn't significantly impact their design, it would just make engaging with them a bit more tricky.

Regarding their species, how about Barghest? It's the name used in England for a myth about a very large demon-like dog. I'm open to other suggestions.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 05:33 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Back in the day WotC issued our first transparent minis. There was huge push back that there were cheeping out on an otherwise high quality game. heck there was even push back on lighter cardstock. we accepted it as it was either lower quality minis or none at all.

Your arguement is beggars cant be choosers, but I would argue with 100+ sov and c3v units we are hardly beggars. to me the quality of the mini matters. this would be a case of a difference of quantity is a difference in kind, where a few transparent minis is a neat gimmick where as to many becomes tiresome. everyone's option on where we are at is different, but mine is firmly in the to many camp.

You bring up the fantasy/sci fi/historical ratio as well. Heroscape to me is the battle for all time and we as judges (and by extension unified fanscape) are self charged at maintaining the legacy left by the designers. adding 100 mid priced fantasy unique heroes to be part of what on this site is considered canon would change the balance of the game. Again are we at that point? I'm not sure but I'm willing to be patient.

That all said I have like 100+ custom in my thread with lots of fantasy which I'm happy to use in my home gaming group.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 22nd, 2019, 05:53 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'd disagree that we're choosers rather than beggars. We're closer to beggars than we'd care to admit.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 01:22 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Back in the day WotC issued our first transparent minis. There was huge push back that there were cheeping out on an otherwise high quality game. heck there was even push back on lighter cardstock. we accepted it as it was either lower quality minis or none at all.
The official unpainted transparent figures that Heroscape has are the Water Elemental, the Fire Elemental, and the Wind Elemental. Those three also have non transparent D&D figures of the same sculpt. The D&D versions are painted, and honestly, the transparent ones look way cooler to me. You have to have some amazing paint skills to make a water elemental look better painted, than it would as a transparent blue figure, and the paint quality on the vast majority of official heroscape figures, is just not that good. Not to say that they are bad, but they are intentionally limited, so that they can be mass produced. Anyone who complained about the three transparent elemental figures is in my eyes, just being picky.

I think it's funny that you mention the card stock, because the D&D waves have thicker card stock for their cards than the first 7 waves did.

Now credit where it is due, the paint jobs on the D&D waves were very hit and miss, with some of them being so simplistic, that they are almost just a base coat, with a wash, and a single other high lighting color. They really did lower the quality on some of the figures.

Quote:
Your arguement is beggars cant be choosers, but I would argue with 100+ sov and c3v units we are hardly beggars. to me the quality of the mini matters. This would be a case of a difference of quantity is a difference in kind, where a few transparent minis is a neat gimmick where as to many becomes tiresome. everyone's option on where we are at is different, but mine is firmly in the to many camp.
We are beggers. If we weren't, we'd have more Ullar, and we'd have given Auqilla flag bearer by now. We likely have given Valkrill a flag bearer sooner too. There's a lot that we would almost certainly do, if we could just find the figures to match. I don't agree with you on this at all.

As far as the quality goes, the minis I'm using are very deatiled. Just because they are transparent, does not mean that the sculpts are bad. Here's a couple GIFs to give a better idea of how they look.
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
You bring up the fantasy/sci fi/historical ratio as well. Heroscape to me is the battle for all time and we as judges (and by extension unified fanscape) are self charged at maintaining the legacy left by the designers. adding 100 mid priced fantasy unique heroes to be part of what on this site is considered canon would change the balance of the game. Again are we at that point? I'm not sure but I'm willing to be patient.

That all said I have like 100+ custom in my thread with lots of fantasy which I'm happy to use in my home gaming group.
If the designs are good enough, then I wouldn't mind if 80% of the designs were fantasy. Of course that isn't ideal. I want variety just like anyone else. I have design ideas that don't have a figure to match. If a Robot with a Railgun ever comes around with enough quantity, you can bet I'll be using it. I want "all time" to be represented. At the same time, I want to be able to submit the designs that I am able to actually realize, and have it judged on it's own merits, and not on whether it's using a transparent figure, or a fantasy design. The majority of the time, for myself, the SoV, and the C3V, when figures are found that have enough quantity, they are going to be fantasy figures.

I think we all have many customs we use, that aren't going to ever be sent to the SoV/C3V. I do too, and I'm not trying to submit most of them. However with the designs that I think are interesting enough, I put in the extra effort to try and get them up to SoV standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I'd disagree that we're choosers rather than beggars. We're closer to beggars than we'd care to admit.
Thank you Pumpkin_King. I don't think that my stance here is very popular. I appreciate your willingness to admit that.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 07:19 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

oh take my post as one man in a mole hill not a decree from the group as a whole. I can promise I'll always test a good design in a vacuum and would not hold back a design because of clear plastic or because it is fantasy. I'm just airing a personal preference.

I also believe the older I get the more patient I become. one day there will be Egyptian hawkman in heroclix and we can get more kyrie, r star finder will put out a hero box that might be used as space bounty hunters, just like the battle world figures that gave us clayton.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 23rd, 2019, 10:27 AM

There is a starfinder box. It’s just pricey.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 03:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

And there's a new Starfinder line coming!
Old August 23rd, 2019, 03:19 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Speaking of those Starfinder minis, superfrog, how's that article we were working on getting on?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 23rd, 2019, 07:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not saying I'm an automatic no on translucent minis, but I like to have more variety instead of just "well, this mini is available."

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 23rd, 2019, 10:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Speaking of those Starfinder minis, superfrog, how's that article we were working on getting on?
Just sent the first one off to TGRF.
Old August 25th, 2019, 12:55 AM

While Clayton is in the process, so to speak, I wanted to run this one past you guys.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards