Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old August 20th, 2019, 01:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Leyline Phantoms) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
BLINK
When a [Spooky Alien] is targeted for a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, that [Spooky Alien] may immediately move using the Shift special power.
Multiple problems with this. First it needs to be limited to once a turn, or else they can keep on doing if targeted multiple times. Actually, why would anyone target a figure they are guaranteed not to be able to attack - so this wording would in essence make you not be targeted but also not able to use the SHIFT power, like Thorian. The only circumstance it would trigger is if the power was limited to once a turn and a ranged figure is using 2 less then maximum range then you would target the Spooky Alien, Blink would trigger, then the figure would be retargeted (hopefully with height), but that is super-circumstantial. Maybe add a "after rolling Defense if at least one Blank is rolled..." or a D20 roll like Spider-Man/Venom's Spidey Sense:
Quote:
Phase 11
If a [Spooky Alien] is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-10, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 11-20, [Spooky Alien] takes no damage and may immediately move using his SHIFT Special Power.
I'm not sure I quite understand you here. I do agree it should be limited (possibly to once per phantom per turn) but I don't know if I agree that it would be rarely used. As a melee, you're still going to want to move them towards a target, even if their defensive/reactive Blink can't truly move them behind cover or on height.
Old August 20th, 2019, 01:12 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Adding a D20 roll makes them even more similar to the Ninjas. My hope is that the guaranteed teleport that doesn't always get them out of trouble will be enough to set them apart. It still has some uses, such as letting them teleport closer or into engagement to avoid attack bonuses, grab height if it's available, teleport behind cover, or get out of range to avoid being targeted again. It's less of a catch-all than Disappearing Ninja or Vanish, but that's intentional.

I could see pairing this version of Blink/Shift with 4 defense as opposed to 3 to beef them up a little bit, given that without smart positioning or against certain situations Blink won't defend them at all.
Old August 20th, 2019, 01:28 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Adding a D20 roll makes them even more similar to the Ninjas. My hope is that the guaranteed teleport that doesn't always get them out of trouble will be enough to set them apart. It still has some uses, such as letting them teleport closer or into engagement to avoid attack bonuses, grab height if it's available, teleport behind cover, or get out of range to avoid being targeted again. It's less of a catch-all than Disappearing Ninja or Vanish, but that's intentional.
I was personally a bit partial to the earlier version that let them move adjacent to the figure before they get attacked. I think that's offered more of a departure from the ninjas. In any case, the fact that they're still taking an attack they have to defend against would make me not want to include a dice roll as well.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 20th, 2019, 01:51 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm also partial to the previous suggestion of letting them teleport directly adjacent, but I'm content with testing this version of Blink out first. If they do play too similarly to the Ninjas of the Northern Wind, then I think we'll definitely need to make changes to differentiate them further.
Old August 20th, 2019, 02:59 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Thirded, on the version that let them teleport adjacent - but I think testing both is worth doing. Obviosuly, the "may use Blink" is less powerful, if we need that.
Old September 1st, 2019, 12:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

So it sounds like the OP is the leading design at the moment, including 4 Defense?

Let's vote on moving forward to Editing, then. Yea if the OP is good, nay if we want to change Phase Shift or lower Defense (edit: or, you know, pick a name, class, etc...).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; September 11th, 2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old September 1st, 2019, 07:50 PM

is my vote. If moving adjacent is too much we can go back down to “may use blink”
Old September 2nd, 2019, 01:12 PM

NAY for now. We still don't have a name for this design yet (Velnesh Assassins is my personal pick with a matching race, but I can settle for anything), and I think that the idea of calling the first power "Shift" and the reactionary teleport "Blink" works better than our current Blink and Phase Shift as the power names. Both are easy fixes, but I think we should address them now rather than later.
Old September 8th, 2019, 01:50 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

How about something that makes them sound like expirimental things?

Phasebeasts-XYZ
Phasebeasts
Expiriments
Menacing
Medium 5
Old September 8th, 2019, 02:11 PM

Hmm, some kind of a scientific experiment name could be interesting and distinct. Something like Subject V12 is mysterious but implies a lot about their background in conjunction with the Experiments class.
Old September 8th, 2019, 02:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Subject xxx sounds really good.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:39 PM

My personal view of them was as some form of naturally-occuring apex predator that hunts using its abilities - perhaps evolved to an environment or prey that itself phases realities. Not feral, intelligent enough to understand commands and their goals.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs