Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old February 14th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Is the base structure the same tubes you use for dice rollers?

That is a lot like what I envisioned for an Ewok village but so much cooler!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 14th, 2018, 03:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is the base structure the same tubes you use for dice rollers?

That is a lot like what I envisioned for an Ewok village but so much cooler!
Yeah. The tube that is chopped into 3 pieces is the same material as dice rollers. The steps werent too hard to make. Take a round dowel rod about a half inch to 3/4 inch thick to use for the middle of the staircase support. Take regular size popsicle sticks to use for the stairs. You can use the whole stick. Cut the ends off. Then cut the popsicle stick in half ut at a 45 degree angle. Glue one of the rounded ends to both halfs underneath them making a 2 plank step that has a triangle slot out of one end. Use the other rounded scrap end to make a spacer glued to the bottom of the pole. Set the 2 plank step on top of the spacer with the 45 degree angles glued to the pole. Yeah. I may have to add pics.Im going to add some spiral stair cases to some castle pieces so ill shoot pics then.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 14th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Get some construction pics if possible.

Really awesome.

I was going through my 'junk' and realized I have acquired a ridiculous amount of items to be converted into terrain and need to make a few things happen.

Thanks for the inspiration.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 14th, 2018, 09:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Get some construction pics if possible.

Really awesome.

I was going through my 'junk' and realized I have acquired a ridiculous amount of items to be converted into terrain and need to make a few things happen.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Ive been thinning out junk for bit now. You just have to sort it into a project that is going to happen and throw out the rest.

Old February 15th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

After tearing down my The Walking Dead setup last weekend, I set up a Frostgrave board. Morgan didn't want to play (but maybe this coming weekend), so I played a solo scenerio I came up with. I started on Sunday and played a bit, then played a couple rounds on Tuesday night and then wrapped it up last night.

I basically placed 7 treasure tokens on the board and then rolled to randomize which board side I'd enter from. I placed a Werewolf in the center of the board, and it would act in the wizard phase instead of creature phase. As such, initiative d20's would be rolled each round. Using a scenario special rules from the Stars Are Wrong scenario in the Frostgrave Folio book, there are 6 columns placed around the board edge, and if either initiative die is a 1-4, you roll to see which 2 columns have energy go between them and any figure within 1 inch of that line of energy, suffers a +3 attack.

Also, based on this scenario, players would normally choose a house of magic that wouldn't work in this game. Playing solo, I figured that my wizard's main house of Elemental magic would be nullified. So that took away the offensive spells from me.

The goal of the scenario is to get all 7 treasures off the opposite board edge. Also, at the end of the 2nd round, I'd roll for a random board edge, and then roll to have 1-3 wolves enter from there. They, and any other creatures entering play besides the original Werewolf, will act normally in the creature phase and go by that AI.

It went pretty well and the Werewolf ended up getting one-shotted by my barbarian dwarf, Ripped Smalls. Ripped rolled a natural 20 for double damage, and it his 2-handed axe, he split the Werewolf in half.

The only creature that came out from picking up treasures, was a Snow Leopard. The crossbowman up high did some damage to it, and when it engaged Jakes the Snake with a treasure, Jake finished it off.

Spells cast were pretty much Fleet Feet to get the treasure carriers moving faster, and Enchanted Weapon on Johnny Appleseed's 2-handed sword and Jake the Snake's sword. The apprentice did Raise Zombie, to have an extra treasure carrier, and cast Fleet Feet on it.

Early on, the extra wolves entering play each round were coming in edges that were away from the group, and out of line of sight. Later on, they came in such places that caused some action. Johnny Appleseed wasn't carrying treasure and had an enchanted 2 -handed sword, so he did some good protection, as did the crossbowman and archer. Though, several ranged shots were missed. The apprentice had failed a couple spells but empowered them heavily with her health to get to 4 health. But she had a Drinking Horn of Healing that let her use an action to heal 2 wounds.

Other than her, Johnny Appleseed was the only hurt one, as he got down to 2 health from the wolves.

Fun game, but I need to make it a bit tougher, though who would have expected the one shot on the Werewolf? Though, I did use my 11th level wizard and apprentice, so maybe I can start with a fresh wizard and apprentice, or maybe up the stakes and have tougher opponent's as a scenario base, like multiple werewolves, tough undead, or even a dragon. And maybe make the random creature roll a 10+ instead of 16+ when picking up treasure, as I only got the snow leopard out of 7 treasures in this game. But this was mostly a test to see how to do something like this in the future. Though hopefully my daughter Morgan, will play this weekend.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 15th, 2018, 10:42 AM
"like" happy

I would just pour more monsters onto the board to rush your band along. Not get rid of your offensive spells just try to overwhelm your band.

Old February 15th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The getting rid of the offensive spells was part of the scenario that I based this on, at least from a setup point. With multiple players, you are instructed to secretly choose a school of magic that wouldn't work due to the 6 strange pylons/columns on the perimeter. So I figured that an opponent would choose my wizard's main school of magic, that of an elementalist. So that's why my offensive spells were not usable. But that did force me to use other spells that would help my soldiers.

As I mentioned on FB, I'll have to tweak it here and there to get a good balance of challenges. Ultimately, I want to keep in mind that for the moment anyway, these are only going to be one off games and not linked scenarios, and also that I won't be rolling on the treasure chart after the game. Perhaps I'll change it so that the treasure will be revealed right away and sometimes it might be something useful for that game. Or I can make a specific weapon or item be the main objective of the scenario and it's guarded by powerful creatures. Lots of possibilities.

Old February 15th, 2018, 03:02 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

I have a question thats related to both heroscape and frostgrave.

Ive been playing a bit of frostgrave lately and have converted the entire game to be played on hex boards such as heroscape.

The problem I have and what I need a consensus on is where do I share this stuff on heroscapers?

This part of the forum? In "Other customizations and HS additions"?
Old February 15th, 2018, 03:51 PM
"like" happy

It would be fine posted here I think.

Old February 15th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
I have a question thats related to both heroscape and frostgrave.

Ive been playing a bit of frostgrave lately and have converted the entire game to be played on hex boards such as heroscape.

The problem I have and what I need a consensus on is where do I share this stuff on heroscapers?

This part of the forum? In "Other customizations and HS additions"?
You are welcome to share it here of course.

Though, this thread isn't about Heroscape customs, such as Frostgrave Heroscape, as such that it's basically Heroscape with new types of figures. That would be more of a Heroscape customs section.

But if this is a new way to play Frostgrave but on hexes, then it's certainly welcome.

Edit: To be clear, the main reason for not wanting to have Heroscape customs here, is that nobody would look here for such a thing.

Last edited by Hahma; February 16th, 2018 at 12:16 AM.
Old February 16th, 2018, 12:16 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like Colorcrayons' thread is here:
Frostscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 16th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks Q for sharing the link. That's pretty neat work there from Colorcrayons.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures