Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old October 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Time for the traitor's tale!

-----

A Knife in the Back, Part One (KW 17)

Utgar was furious. His eastern outpost was decimated, the castle ruined, his soldiers slaughtered. Only a few weeks ago Grimnak was assassinated, by one of the Airborne Elite he assumed, and Sir Robert Hawthorne was sent to replace him. Half of his Orcs were positioned there, to keep watch on Ullar’s southern borders in Jutanguard. But one night, only three days ago, Hawthorne betrayed him.

While the Orcs were passed out drunk, as usual, he opened the castle door. In flooded hundreds of Vipers who, along with Hawthorne, killed almost every Orc inside. Then the mighty Charos flew into the fortress, and used his grand wings to crush the mountain and the men left inside. Hawthorne then returned to Ullar’s Villa, where he met with the Archkyrie himself.

Utgar would not stand for this. He sent Ornak, his new Orc commander, to attack the cabin where the greatest commanders in the army were condensed. It was the perfect opportunity to strike. Arrow Gruts, Blade Gruts, and Tornak were all ready to strike. And it was only a three day march…

Moving through the land of Bleakwoode, the army finally entered Austrom. It was here, high in the Kyrien Mountains, the Minions of Utgar dwelled. They were defended by Utgar’s men, and in return, whenever duty called they would serve him without question. It was now that they were needed.

The men of the tribe, led by Kapired the Wily, flew down from the mountains. And the long march continued…

Jutanguard’s border had been breached. Dead vipers were the only thing that could be seen for miles, other than a colossal forest-fire spreading beyond the limits of sight. But who could have done it?

Saylind, the Kyrie Warrior was seen stumbling from the forest, her wings singed. Ornak ran over, sword drawn, but she did not defend herself. She just kept mumbling to herself. “I couldn’t save them. I just couldn’t…”

Ornak led his troops on, trudging through the flames, sending Minions forward to put out the fires. He was confused. Ornak was very intelligent for an Orc, and could speak in many languages. He knew something was wrong.

They found a large hut, roof collapsed, full of dead bodies. Among the fallen was the Venoc Warlord, but his body disappeared before they cold recover it. While rummaging through the ruined home, he heard a sound. Footsteps.

Ullar came forward, blood pouring from the back of his head. Sir Hawthorne was behind him, sword drawn. Ullar, too, was warped away before the knight could attack. Ornak grunted at the warrior’s approach. “So, Robert, we meet again.” The Orc, too, drew a blade, and Hawthorne walked over to him.

An ominous voiced echoed from within the dark helmet. “Must we come to blows, vile Orc?”

The sound of metal-on-metal resounded throughout the woods, and the two began to fight…

-----

I'll update with the second half tomorrow!
Old October 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
the fiend! thanks jhonny!

FINISH HIM!
Old October 26th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedan42
the fiend! thanks jhonny!
Take a guess on who he joined?
Old October 26th, 2006, 08:10 PM

Vydar?

FINISH HIM!
Old October 26th, 2006, 10:07 PM

Counterstike has disabled reputation
I bet by now, Hawthorne doesn't even know what side he's on, so he just kills eveyone!
Old October 26th, 2006, 11:26 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Okay get working on your Valguard story. Make it a story worth reading. I have been waiting for a good Vlguard story for a long time.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 27th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
Okay get working on your Valguard story. Make it a story worth reading. I have been waiting for a good Vlguard story for a long time.
Today's schedule is Hawthorne Pt. 2 and Ninja. If I have time, I'll fit in Valgaurd. If not, tomorrow.
Old October 27th, 2006, 02:18 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
YAY my turn!

too bad i won't be able to read it till tomorrow....
Old October 27th, 2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsaurx
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
...Intricate combinations were weaved by the duo, from X17 holding back the Venoc Warlord while the Queglix Gun took down the Vipers to X17 blocking a highly congested path to allow Blastatrons to gun down the backup...
You really hate those vipers, dont you?
Correction: he really realy REALLY hates the vipers!

FINISH HIM!
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

The tale of a ninja...

-----

Jinjiro (KW 40)

“This is the most foolhardy thing I have ever done!”

A lone ninja, named Jinjiro, led a group of Samurai through the desert region of Crumland. He was intent to lead a full-on assault against The Knights of Weston, who had attacked a group of Orcs not long ago.

Sato Jinjiro was a stubborn ninja. Trained in the mountains of Northern Tohoku, he was a member of the clan known as The Ninja of the Northern Wind. They were the greatest assassins on the Japanese mainland, with their reach stretching through the soft underbelly of Edo, Kyoto, and Osaka. It was all theirs, the Shogun himself powerless before them. No amount of strength could impede their process. Until one day, March 15th, 1742, they were betrayed.

The Okashira, Shinomori Akira, was killed by a group known as The Oniwabanshu, a faction that Akira was once a part of. But it was not a member of the Shogun’s personal guards, as they were, that had killed him. It was Jinjiro’s close “friend”, Nenji, who had done it. Not only that, but his family was killed in the battle, all of them born into ninja custom. Betrayal at its finest.

Soon after their leader’s death, the leftover members disbanded. The Shogun order every record of their existence to be erased, their documents burnt, their temples demolished. No one could ever know. And for the decade, no one did.

But three ninja stayed, trying to make a mark on history. Himura Makoto, Sato Jinjiro, and Shinomori Takani (Akira’s daughter), each one feeling deep hatred for the traitor, banded together to reform the group. The Ninja of the Northern Wind was born again. No longer were they simple assassins. They had a purpose - to cleanse the world of dishonorable men.

March 15th, 1752, on the anniversary of Nenji’s betrayal, they entered Edo. The new Shogun, Tokugawa Ieshige, had taken his father’s post only a few months ago, and this had caused controversy among the Japanese citizens. It was the perfect opportunity to strike, as Nenji was at post defending the castle in which the Shogun ruled.

The trio dressed as normal men, but at sundown returned to their ninja attire. It was almost time…

Tick, tock, tick, tock, the hours seemed to last days, weeks. But from their posts on rooftops, the ninja knew that the time had come. In a puff of smoke, they were all gone. To the castle.

Inside the walls, it was a different sight than a commoner might expect. The walls were filthy, as were the few guards they saw. But idiots such as them did not notice the three assassins that had infiltrated the “impenetrable” fortress. The three were armed with only kunai, making failure impossible. Finally, they reached the throne room. One man stood before it, just one man.

Nenji. He was resting against a wall, nearly sleeping, with a sword in hand. The Ninja of the Northern Wind had raided a weapon room, so each held a katana, just in case. They were not used to weapons such as those, but they could be useful.

Nenji awoke with a start. He heard footsteps, echoing around him. He drew his sword and walked forward, tip-toeing into the darkness. Suddenly smoke filled the room, and Sato Jinjiro stood before him.

He was at first alarmed, but when he saw his friends face he saw hope. “Ah, Jinjiro, my old friend! It’s you! It’s been a long time since…”

“Silence.” Jinjiro’s face contorted in rage. Drawing his sword, he shouted, “You’ve killed my family, betrayed an oath, and now you call me a friend? I am not here to drink tea. I am here to end your foul life.”

Two more plumes of smoke appeared nearby. Two others were nearby. Nenji, who was nearly paralyzed by fear, touched the tip of the blade only inches from his face and pushed it away. “Now, I did was I needed to. You can all understand that, right?”

He suddenly swung his katana, knocking the sword out of Jinjiro’s hand. Charging forward, stabbing at the ninja, he narrowly missed every attack. In a plume of smoke, Jinjiro was gone.

Sensing danger was imminent; the traitor leaned against the wall. He knew that his rival would soon reappear. But he did not. Suddenly, three kunai pierced his arm, and Takani appeared next to him. Nenji, pinned against the partition, began to sweat.

Panting, he called out to the darkness. “So, you couldn’t face me alone! You always were a coward, Jinjiro. A spineless coward!”

The sound of footsteps echoed through the dark corridor. Jinjiro had lifted the sword from the ground, and was holding it tightly. “A dog like you has no right to degrade a man of honor. I will grant you mercy, I will give you death.”

Placing the blade’s tip against his rival’s chest, Jinjiro readied himself to attack. But he never had to opportunity to. At that moment, he was transported to the land of Valhalla, by Einar the Archkyrie…

Sato Jinjiro opened his eyes. Still marching, he looked to the men behind him. Only nine Samurai accompanied him, along with Hatamoto Taro, Einar’s Flagbearer. Someday soon, he would have revenge…

-----

Tell me what you think, and remember to request!
Old October 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM

pretty good, but it could have had more action...

FINISH HIM!
Old October 27th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

This was a "Story-Building" chapter.

I have "Just For Fun" chapters, and "Story-Building" chapters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction