Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old July 15th, 2010, 06:58 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
Follow the Cross

"That's what all you uber-powerful say. If you are so powerful and can't be contained, how'd you get captured in the first place?" A smug voice comes from the darkness in the cell next to Nightmare's. The torches cast an orange glow down the hall, illuminating about half of everyone's cell.
A silhouette sat on his bunk in the cell next to Nightmare's. His back was against the wall and his feet were on the floor.
"You may think you're all-powerful, but this place is different. You haven't heard the tales?" The silhouette gestured to the cell next to him that didn't belong to Nightmare. "I may have only been here for a few hours, but I know prisons. I know of this prison. They call it the Nex Locus. That's Latin. You know Latin?"
Nightmare remained there, watching the silhouette.
"It means 'the violent death place.' Not exactly the place that holds tea parties, eh?" The silhouette chuckled. "There's a dead body in the cell next to mine. His eyes are missing and there are bite marks around his ears. That means the rats got to him.
"You could end up like him. Survive. You need to learn to adapt and survive. I'm very good at improvising. It's called adaptation to a new environment. You do everything it takes to survive. Donner Party. They ate each other to avoid starving to death."
Ian Cross stood up and walked over to the bars that separated his from Nightmare's. "I can see that you think pretty highly of yourself. You need to learn that when you're here, when you're in this place, you are no better than me, you're no better than him-" Iain's thumb pointed back to the dead man, "and you are no better than the rats. From what it appears, they're more likely to be fed than we are."
He wrapped his hands around the bars. "You can't force yourself out of here. When they let us out for some reason, we'll be prepared. We're going to escape, but we need to plan for it. I'll talk to the others around here. See what their opinions are. Maybe some of the sickos deserve to be here. You can help me, but you answer to me. Understand?"
He crossed his cell and went to the other cell. Unzipping his trousers, he started relieving himself into the dead man's cell. "Adaptation. We'll need it to escape. I'm not living in a filthy environment. That could quicken our deaths and I think that we will probably be here for awhile."

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Joint story thread

Nightmare listens intently to the being's words. He understood the full troubles of here. However, he had been caught by surprise, for the forces here had been attracted to his sword, and now that it was in the guard's hands......

"I was captured....... when the guards attacked me by suprise. You see, I had finished an attack upon a troop of these pathetic blues beasts, when those guards attacked me and stole my blade, Soul Edge...... as strong as I am, I could not overcome them, and i was captured......" Nightmare sits down. "I managed to kill my captors, but they had already gotten my blade into the castle. Without it, my powers are greatly weakened, and if they use it.............. there may BE no world left........."

A rat bites onto Nightmare's boot, only for it to burst into flame due to Nightmare's demonic properties. "As for a plan, and me listen to you....... I will help you in your plan, but once we are out of here, I need someone to help me retrieve my blade..........."

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Larco sits on his cot and uses his magical powers to turned the hue of his cell a silvery color. He raises his hand and sees the color of it changing slowly from a pale beige to a deep red.
"Great, the dead exist as nothing more than souls here...I was hoping for something a little more amusing here. Guard, bring me a leaf." Larco orders harshly.
"No," the nearest guard said sarcastically.
"Then you shall taste lightblades," Larco replied with his voice low. "Na-doi-voske!" Larco chanted.
In a split second, many thin needles formed from thin air and flew to the guards mouth.
"Bleh, these things taste bad and are mating my tounge numb," the guard flew away attempting to fly away."You sould die skumbbag!!"
"It sure is too bad I didn't make them the sour ones," Larco said to himself. "Well I am getting a leaf right?"
"Sure thing Mr. Larco, sir," A guard quickly and shakily replied.
As the guard flew away, Larco looked at the next cell with a crumbling dead body in it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:29 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

"You need someone to steal your sword?" Orin says shakily struggling to get up with the weight of all his chains.
"Gods I still can't believe they caught me!"
"There are guards every three feet and not a single shadow. I walked in and bumped right into four guards. I gave them the slip for a few hours, but there was no escape."
He turns to Ian, "Cross, though I don't doubt that we could do it, it will be difficult to break out."
"They beat me and chained me like this and just threw me in here."
"Nightmare's correct on one thing, if we want out, we'll need our weapons."
He turns back to Nightmare, "I am no thief, but all the guards are just waiting for me to break these chains and walk out. I'll provide the distraction. You get OUR weapons. ALL of our weapons, it's going to take all of us to break out."
With that, Orin passes out on the floor.
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hearing the wood sprite's annoyance, Larco mumbles something under his breath. "Slor-kiki-gaz," the kyrie said slowly. "This should ease the weight of the shackles a little bit."
As soon a Orin looks up, he notices he is surrounded by small lights that the chains absorb after a moment.
"Nightmare, do not worry that much about a sword. Before the guards knew it, the souls felt it worthy to enchant that blade. It burns anything besides its owner."

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:14 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Nightmare nods to the woodsprite.

"I will retrieve our weapons...... when I get the weapons, I will kill all the guards that get in our way..... then, we shall make a break for the main gate..... or, if worst comes to worst, we slaughter everything in our way......."

Nightmare punches the ground, leaving an indentation.

"Hmmm...... that will make it easier for me to retrieve it, and for me to get our weapons........."

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:48 PM

mysterium is surprisingly tart

The hag entered, brandishing a large silver amulet. It's center was studded with emeralds, beautifully carved.
"Shut up, or you'll get to feel my whip. Lady Iskra told us to attach this to the demon's body."
The elf sat bolt upright, petrified by some unknown force. "That will kill the demon." He choked out meekly.
"Did I ask for your opinion? Guards, let him out." With that, two soldiers opened the cell, holding the elf down.
Lashing out, the hag brought the whip force-fully down on the elf's thin back, creating a thin ribbon of red. The elf gritted his teeth, hating the burning, trying desperately not to cry out.
Finally, finished with that torture, the hag drew close to the demon's cage. Holding out the amulet, she snapped it around his neck.
The effect was immediate. The demon howled in pain, glaring out at her with burning eyes. It's strength drained from its body, leaving it weak and exhausted, but alive.
"Hows it feel?" Laughing, the hag left, taking care to spit in Olaf's eye, which glared out at her in hatred.
The elf, grasping his back, turned to the rest of the prisoners. "I have seen the minds of the kyrie. We are tributes in here, she restrained herself from beating me only to "keep us healthy". What we are here for though, I do not know..."
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:59 PM

Nightmare growls deeply in pain. the spectral demon knight had never felt such horrid pain tear through his form..... not since the time he was first created. He grabs the sides of his prison, the sides bending in his grasp, before he releases his grip and falls onto the floor, looking weak. He glares up at his kyrie oppressor. He wags his finger in her direction.

"You....... you will not escape our next encounter with your life........."

Nightmare simply lies there, the Azure Knight trying to recover from the intense pain and loss of strength............

Old July 15th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dirt. Decay. Death.

He couldn't smell any of it, but Warden could sense it. Ahhhh....it had all been so different back on Isadora. Back there, he'd been the one who had thrown the prisoners into their cells, denied them food and water, and watched with a sense of robotic satisfaction as the useless whelps died a slow death. The soulborg swiveled his head, eyeing Nightmare.

"Why don't you be quiet, Nightmare? You don't have your sword, therefore you are useless. Useless beings that do nothing but whine and gripe should feel the sharp edge of my blade."

He glanced at the guard.

"Too bad I don't have it."

Nightmare hissed and spat at Warden.

"When I want your opinion, scum bag, I'll ask for it. I'll destroy you in a heartbeat if you get too annoying."

Warden shrugged, disguising his movement to find the trigger of his trusty weapon, Death Dealer. It had been with him through many a fight. It had tasted blood of all kinds. Orc blood. Viper blood. Human blood. It tasted it, and it always wanted more.

"Soon, my pet. Soon."

One of the inmates glanced up.

"You talking to a pet rat? Let's eat it!"
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:39 PM

Nightmare smirks at the warden. How pathetic. A robot. While they had no souls for him to absorb, he rather enjoyed proving power was greater than technology.......

"You there..... robot. What makes you think that I am so useless? If it weren't for this amulet, I would have power you simply could not understand..... however, my blade increases my power to levels uncomprehendible by your fancy machines and pathetic guns. When I have my revenge, the very earth shall be scorched, and evil shall have full reign............"

A prisoner reaches into nightmare's cell to grab the rat that had been burned by nightmare. However, the prisoner screams in pain, the Azure Knight having grabbed his hand. Steam rises from the man's arm, the poor jailbird wailing in pain from the heat of Nightmare's body, before the demon lets go. The poor man's hand had been crushed near flat, with it being conpletely charred to the point that there is no flesh left on his hand. a guard smirks.

"This one might prove useful....."

Old July 15th, 2010, 11:57 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

I wiped away the spit that was in my eye. I sat there crosslegged, my back to the wall as I listened to others talked about ways to escape.

"No one will be escaping." Everyone looked at me, some with worried eyes. As they listen I slowly said to them, "It seems that they brought us all here for something. They will have us all fight against each other or another group of prisoners. I can't even fathom what the horrors may lay ahead of us, but we got to stay together and make sure that we each stay alive."

The others were silent. Nearby a guard coughed and small rats scurried around in other cells. I looked over to the one lad, Ian I believe he was called, and watch as he was getting into the dead man's clothing. I shook my head and said to him, "You know lad, if you get into those clothing they would find out one of the prisoners went missing and they will kill you before you even get a chance to breath fresh air." Ian looked at me and was shocked, he didn't know what to do, and he quickly changed back into his other clothes. "Take it from me fellows, these people here will not have anyone leaving here unless they are dead. They will cut your eyes out or break your legs to make sure that we won't leave." A big dark man I notice stirred and spoke in a low voice saying, "You know a lot about this, dwarf, how do you know so much?" I looked down and stroked my beard I replied to him. "I once served as a prison guard back on my home planet, before I fought along side Mogrimm Forgehammer. I had a bad expriece there." The dark one did not reply.

Suddenly a wing man came coming by and opened the door to my cell. The man yelled at me in a low blunt voice, his words like bars of lead, "Guess what, you got new company." Then two other winged men were thrown in, they hit the ground with chains on their hands as well. The door closed and the two of them looked at me.

"Oh on, you two again?" They were the guards that were knocked around from earlier. I stood up and readied my fists. They got up, the shorter one had a bruised neck and his cheeck was swollen and he was anrgy. He cried out, "It was your fault for getting us here in the first place." He took a step forward but the taller one grabbed his shoulder. The shorter one looked back and the taller one shook his head. The winged man outside banged the bars, "You better not fight or I'll have to nail your hands to the walls! Besides we need you for the entertainment." He turned around and left. The two winged men went to a corner of the cell and sat there. We were all silent now. I looked over and I asked, "Well were not going anywhere, mind telling me your names." The short one grunted and looked away, the taller one however turned to me and calmy said, "My name is Callum, and my younger brother viktor. We were sent here becasue we couldn't do much to stop you and we were brought here to fight." I nodded my head and rested on the back of the wall. I thought to myself, "This is going to be a long night I'm sure of it."

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:42 AM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
Cross My Heart

Turning towards the dwarf, Iain watches with fascination as two more people are thrown into the same cell. His analytical mind buzzed about, connecting things, running each thought through a security system of facts checking.
The guards were outside of the cell block, standing guard by the main door. The only entrance. The cell block was arranged in a circle, the cells making a 'C' shape with the unclosed area being the door.
"We're full to capacity here. That's why they're doubling us up. That gives us more numbers. Good idea. Dwarf, I haven't caught you're name, make a census if you would. We need to know how many we have in here and what there abilities are." Iain looked into the cell next to him, watching Nightmare wither with pain. "If that amulet can cause that much pain, I imagine it's blocking all magical activity in this cell block. I guess that those of you with powers can't use them until that amulet is removed or we leave this area. I don't think our buddy here can take it off."
We're going to have to escape. Iain knew that. They couldn't do it in there position here. He hadn't gotten a good look at the prison as when they brought him in, the bag was still on his head. He saw all the cells around him know with the bag discarded in the corner. If one was filled with the body of a dead man, their numbers still couldn't be that great. Less than half of them would probably be making it out alive. He felt sorry for the poor soul that would have to join the dead man in his cell. Iain had left quite the puddle by the dead man.
"They're going to let us out of here for some reason. We know that. How many of you have been to prisons before? That robot over there ran one for God's sake! I can get us out, you all just have to follow my lead. Good behavior is the first part to getting out of prison, so I suggest you all just sit there in your cages like good little boys."
"Excuse me!" A voice said from across the cell block. It came from the cell next to the the wood sprite's. "I'm a girl!"
"Sorry about that ma'am," Iain responded quickly. "You should've spoken up earlier."
"I've been here quite awhile."
"What's you're name?"
"Kyntela Gwyn."
"You work for Ullar? Used to be an elf princess back on Feylund?" Iain noticed the small elf wizard's ears perk up.
"That's correct, sir. Iain Cross, I think?"
"You're right, ma'am. Staff Sergeant Iain Cross of United States 3rd Army, at your service. I served under General Patton in France."
"While I have no idea what that means, I respect your need for formalities in such an informal situation."
"You were never that nice to me," A random voice says.
"Good behavior, man," Iain repeated. "We don't want to end up like our little friend over there. Getting whipped hurts like Hell."

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction