Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 17th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I'm not sure what DS's main point is, but the one team tournament I've been to did not disallow the same unit in the two teammates' armies, partly because it wasn't a fixed-teammate event and you played with a different person on your side each time. This event also pre-dated the no-multiple-uniques-by-mindshackling ruling.

So, we were doing what we wanted. DS, does that fit with your interpretation of how the game should be played?
Old June 17th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Of course. That format would work for me, too. You don't know who your teammates will be, so how could you be responsible for having different uniques?

I did put my main point in bold, though, so people could be sure what it was.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 30th, 2016, 09:33 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know it's a shot in the dark, but has anybody on here ever seen anyone create unit cards for the evergreen trees, similar to the Fortress Door card? We're thinking about doing a save the trees scenario tomorrow, and I thought they might be a nice touch. I might make some up myself in the future, but I probably won't have enough time to design them after work tomorrow.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old June 30th, 2016, 09:47 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
I know it's a shot in the dark, but has anybody on here ever seen anyone create unit cards for the evergreen trees, similar to the Fortress Door card? We're thinking about doing a save the trees scenario tomorrow, and I thought they might be a nice touch. I might make some up myself in the future, but I probably won't have enough time to design them after work tomorrow.
C3G made some a while back. The Evergreen Tree and the Great Evergreen Tree.

The low life/high defense might make them a bit swingy for scenario play, but you can make whatever tweaks to remedy that.
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:17 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
C3G made some a while back. The Evergreen Tree and the Great Evergreen Tree.

The low life/high defense might make them a bit swingy for scenario play, but you can make whatever tweaks to remedy that.
Awesome, thanks a ton!

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old July 8th, 2016, 11:14 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Does Cyberclaw affect a figure that is flying over an adjacent space?
Old July 8th, 2016, 11:35 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Nope, because a flying figure never enters or occupies the spaces it flies over.
Old July 8th, 2016, 11:52 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Nope, because a flying figure never enters or occupies the spaces it flies over.
Ok thanks!
Old July 13th, 2016, 06:15 AM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

Hi, I have a question about ladders. I suppose my overall question is 'do ladder rungs count as empty spaces for the purpose of special powers'. Here are some examples of what I mean:

-Can Brunak carry a friendly figure and place them on a ladder rung adjacent to him?
-Can a Marro Warrior, if it succeeds it's cloning roll, place a previous destroyed marro warrior on a ladder rung (the rules do specify there's adjacency as long as neither figure can move closer to the other)
-Can the Airborne Elite, when using the drop, land on a ladder rung?
-If the ladder rungs are technically empty spaces - could you put a glyph on one?

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old July 13th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman1666 View Post
Hi, I have a question about ladders. I suppose my overall question is 'do ladder rungs count as empty spaces for the purpose of special powers'. Here are some examples of what I mean:

-Can Brunak carry a friendly figure and place them on a ladder rung adjacent to him?
-Can a Marro Warrior, if it succeeds it's cloning roll, place a previous destroyed marro warrior on a ladder rung (the rules do specify there's adjacency as long as neither figure can move closer to the other)
-Can the Airborne Elite, when using the drop, land on a ladder rung?
yes, yes, and yes.

As for the glyph question, obviously there are some logistical issues there. Per the rules, glyphs must be placed on "BATTLEFIELD SPACES", not "empty spaces", which perhaps does not include ladder rungs.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old July 13th, 2016, 12:27 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

You might want to review the water clone ability.

On a successful clone, the marro warrior coming back into play has to be on the same level and adjacent to the one that cloned him back. You can't clone them above or below the marro on a ladder rung.

Also, ladder rung spaces are not suitable glyph locations. For example, if a hero is destroyed with a treasure glyph while on a ladder rung, the treasure glyph is destroyed - not placed on the ladder rung and not placed on the landing space below the ladder rung.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 13th, 2016 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Clarity or at least a failed attempt at it
Old July 13th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is that glyph on ladder ruling in the rule book Ry?
I do not remember that one at all, though we rarely used glyphs.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's