Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old October 26th, 2010, 05:43 PM

RickyDMMontoya is surprisingly tart
Unique Squad

So not counting the EoV in Wave 10, the last Unique squad was the Retchets of Bogdan in Wave 7, and before that, the Nakita Agents in wave 5.

Isn't it time for another Unique Squad? Everything is getting so common/uncommon that even the heroes don't feel heroic anymore. Just big blundering sameness plopped all over the map.

I like the Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Tarn Vikings, Krav Maga Agents. Unique squads are different from Common squads. Make more of them.

Rules Lawyer.
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:47 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re: Unique Squad

Here here! I also think they should come up with a Red Skull/Ornak type figure for unique squads, so they can still be potent if some of the figures die.

Edit: should it be "hear hear"?
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:07 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

They're not very marketable. Most people only buy one.
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:10 PM

RickyDMMontoya is surprisingly tart

Like any Unique hero, but they still make those.

Rules Lawyer.
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyDMMontoya View Post
I'm not compeletely sure, but I think it's because they would get more money selling the unique squads as common squads instead.
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Nobody wants a Scooby-dum and Scrappy-Doo 2-figure squad to be common! Bring back the unique squad!!!
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyDMMontoya View Post
One pack/wave. Unique squads have always been in the second unique pack and those waves didn't sell well.
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I'd like a unique squad, too. Perhaps it could be featured in D4 (if we ever get there)? I'd like to see some sort of monster squad. And we don't have any huge squads, so why not make the next unique one huge? Plus, it'd help against plenty of special abilities/attacks that only affect small and medium figures, and large squads don't see much play. If we do get a huge, unique squad, I'd like to see monster chickens, or something funny. The game could use a little humor now and then (cue incoming barrage of Dund jokes... ).
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:37 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

I dont know if its been mentioned, but they could make an all unique wave, but just make a limited amount. Sounds good to me, but probably not to the sellers.
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:26 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

How about 3 heroes and a Unique Squad in the unique pack? Can't say it won't fit, we've done 8 figs in a pack before.
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

The problem with a DnD Unique Squad is that WotC is running out of cohesive DnD figures to make squads with (as evidenced by DKs and DCoT). If they do find a few figures that would make a good squad, they probably would want to get the most $$$ out of it. It makes more sense, therefore, to make it a common squad.
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
Here here! I also think they should come up with a Red Skull/Ornak type figure for unique squads, so they can still be potent if some of the figures die.

Edit: should it be "hear hear"?
While that figure would be useful if some of the figures have died, would you want to face the AA and Krav in one turn? 7 ranged attacks of 3-4 each? That's 21-24 dice being thrown in one turn.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News