Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 26th, 2008, 10:11 AM

rickert is surprisingly tart
request for a photo

I'm doing a story about Heroscape for the newspaper where I work. I have some comments from WORC for the article but the company has nothing but product shots and logos to offer me.

I'm looking for a shot that would show a lot of terrain and several of the figures but no identifiable people. If anyone has a shot that they wouldn't mind me using, I could probably get the person's name in the photo credit.

The newspaper is in Anderson, Indiana. I could probably mail a copy of the article to whoever sent me the photo that I used.

You could email the photo to: rickertt@comcast.net.

Also if there's a photo that has good definition that you've posted on a website, you could direct me to that and I might be able to capture it there. But I'm not going to grab something without permission.

Thanks for any help. I need to turn in the story and artwork on Monday.

Rick T.
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: request for a photo

Here is one I took at GenCon last year of the "big map"
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:31 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

feel free to use any of the pics in my map thread...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8730
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Yes, Retlaw does take great pics!

However, if none of the photos above are to your liking, you might get in touch with member Doc_Savage. He has taken several photos I've used on different occasions in the past. His images are both expansive and well composed, and I'm sure he'd have a couple you could choose from.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Thanks. This is what I had in mind. And from a fellow Hoosier no less. If you want a photo credit let me know a name. You can PM it to me if you like.
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Yes, Retlaw does take great pics!

However, if none of the photos above are to your liking, you might get in touch with member Doc_Savage. He has taken several photos I've used on different occasions in the past. His images are both expansive and well composed, and I'm sure he'd have a couple you could choose from.
Thanks for compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickert View Post
Quote:
Thanks. This is what I had in mind. And from a fellow Hoosier no less. If you want a photo credit let me know a name. You can PM it to me if you like.
If you want to give credit, just use "Photo provided by Retlaw from Heroscapers.com" -- that way the site gets a "plug" also -- but really no credit is necessary.
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
If you want to give credit, just use "Photo provided by Retlaw from Heroscapers.com" -- that way the site gets a "plug" also -- but really no credit is necessary.
That would be a great plug! rickert, I hope you can do that.
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac View Post
Quote:
I tell you what. If I can't do that with the credit line, here's what I can do. Within the story, I will describe heroscapers.com and what it is and give the web address. Would that be OK?
Old June 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac View Post
Quote:
I tell you what. If I can't do that with the credit line, here's what I can do. Within the story, I will describe heroscapers.com and what it is and give the web address. Would that be OK?
Sounds good to me.
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

If there is any way to scan the article to post an image somewhere here on the website, that would be great, as well.

Old June 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
If there is any way to scan the article to post an image somewhere here on the website, that would be great, as well.

Yes, we should be sure to point out all inaccuracies, ambiguities, and grammar errors after the fact.

Last edited by rdhight; June 27th, 2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: strange phantom tag
Old June 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Resident Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Yes, we should be sure to point out all inaccuracies, ambiguities, and grammar errors after the fact.

Not the real reason I wanted the article to be posted here, but funny none the less.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion