Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old June 20th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
AND...Dignan's Stuck in the Middle with You for 4-player? Yes-no?
(looks like the Kaazune map, no road, and the second Ice map on the list. Because I can.)
I did take a look at this one, and wasn't a huge fan of it for our event. 3 RotV 3 TT is pretty steep requirements for one, and I don't like the strength it's going to give to ranged and flying figures.

I did spend some of the 10 days of darkness building a couple of 4-player maps. I'll get some pictures up later today to see what people think.
Really it's 2 RotV, 2 TT (+6 2-hex snow).
It has a couple extra single hex glaciers as well. There are only 3 per set, and this map has 8.

When I look at this map, all I see is Nilfheim and Greenscales wrecking havoc. Or maybe I'm just having flashbacks to last tournament where Bigga wiped out about 360 points of my army with Nilfheim alone...

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old June 20th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AND...Dignan's Stuck in the Middle with You for 4-player? Yes-no?
(looks like the Kaazune map, no road, and the second Ice map on the list. Because I can.)
I did take a look at this one, and wasn't a huge fan of it for our event. 3 RotV 3 TT is pretty steep requirements for one, and I don't like the strength it's going to give to ranged and flying figures.

I did spend some of the 10 days of darkness building a couple of 4-player maps. I'll get some pictures up later today to see what people think.
Really it's 2 RotV, 2 TT (+6 2-hex snow).
It has a couple extra single hex glaciers as well. There are only 3 per set, and this map has 8.

When I look at this map, all I see is Nilfheim and Greenscales wrecking havoc. Or maybe I'm just having flashbacks to last tournament where Bigga wiped out about 360 points of my army with Nilfheim alone...
That's my main concern as well (the power of Nilfheim and similar figures, not me wiping out 360 points of Flash's army (though it wasn't the slaughter that makes it sound like -- it was a super close game)).

I wasn't able to get to it last night, but here are the two maps I messed with last week:

I played on them a little and felt okay about how they work, but since I may be viewing them through a tinted lens I'm open to suggestions for change or just being told that they're actually hot garbage.

EDIT - guess I should mention that the bottom one does not use the warehouse platforms, it's just they don't have a way to do that in Virtualscape. There is also a Defense glyph in the middle.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; June 20th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old June 20th, 2019, 11:35 AM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
That's my main concern as well (the power of Nilfheim and similar figures, not me wiping out 360 points of Flash's army (though it wasn't the slaughter that makes it sound like -- it was a super close game)).

I wasn't able to get to it last night, but here are the two maps I messed with last week:

I played on them a little and felt okay about how they work, but since I may be viewing them through a tinted lens I'm open to suggestions for change or just being told that they're actually hot garbage.
Lol. That was a fun game.

The maps look pretty good at first glance. I think I'm favoring the bottom one just a little more, but I haven't thought about it enough to tell you why. I don't see any glaring issues at the moment though!

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old June 20th, 2019, 03:22 PM

Just in case you wanted another map to consider @BiggaBullfrog - here's a 4 player map I've had in development for awhile. I haven't playtested it yet though....

Old June 20th, 2019, 04:34 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Just in case you wanted another map to consider @BiggaBullfrog - here's a 4 player map I've had in development for awhile. I haven't playtested it yet though....
I like it! Looks like a really good one for some 4-player madness! And I would use it in a heartbeat, but It's looking like that uses 2 RotV 2 RttFF 1 FotA, correct? My hesitation is that with the 3-player maps from the ARV contest we're already at 8 RotV, 8 FotA, and 15 RttFF sets being used. Not that we'll be making all of those maps unless we get 30+people RSVP-ing, but it's a pretty heavy amount anyway.

I do like your map better than either of mine, though. Maybe if we've got people with the right stuff volunteering to bring maps we can use it. Depends on who's coming, which, speaking of...

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old June 20th, 2019, 04:34 PM

Alrighty folks, it's been quite the month with the site downage, but we're back and revving up for next week's Monthly! We've got a good group forming up but could always use some more faces for an epic time! I haven't heard from @Starling_ @DewNoHarm @Sir Torin Brokenshield! @Isak @antmarchingroves @TREX @Saints_Wrath @tanmad21 @dart48 @kmgenius @The B.I.V. @DaDude @DeathStryker @TIM0THY @Aethiar @podunksarmy @Lt. Col. Meliodas Munches @Ginja Ninja @Jazack @Uklabokalala @Warband @dgillis @Shaggy6667 @Dat_One_Boi @AlphaDasher @shmet @twigleg2
Any of you planning to come game with us next week? It's going to be a mad mad mad mad time!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; June 23rd, 2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old June 20th, 2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I like it! Looks like a really good one for some 4-player madness! And I would use it in a heartbeat, but It's looking like that uses 2 RotV 2 RttFF 1 FotA, correct? My hesitation is that with the 3-player maps from the ARV contest we're already at 8 RotV, 8 FotA, and 15 RttFF sets being used. Not that we'll be making all of those maps unless we get 30+people RSVP-ing, but it's a pretty heavy amount anyway.

I do like your map better than either of mine, though. Maybe if we've got people with the right stuff volunteering to bring maps we can use it. Depends on who's coming, which, speaking of...
Thanks Bigga. But yeah, you're exactly right. That is a lot of those sets being used and I wasn't thinking about that when I posted that map. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to testing it out....

Anyway - looking at the top ten maps - I can bring just about any two, though I don't have the complete Marvel terrain. How about the two Garden maps? Sullen Garden and The Cirdan Garden (Assuming we have enough people that I need to bring both...

Old June 20th, 2019, 05:35 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

If necessary, I can bring Scoria Tribunal. If not necessary, I will just bring my army!

That and city of Z are the only maps I have the supplies to build.
Old June 20th, 2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Anyway - looking at the top ten maps - I can bring just about any two, though I don't have the complete Marvel terrain. How about the two Garden maps? Sullen Garden and The Cirdan Garden (Assuming we have enough people that I need to bring both...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
If necessary, I can bring Scoria Tribunal. If not necessary, I will just bring my army!

That and city of Z are the only maps I have the supplies to build.
Awesome! Thanks both of you! Let's go ahead and plan on both of you bringing the maps you mentioned -- with those, the one UtahScott said he'll bring, and two 4-player maps (which myself and the Logan boys can likely provide) we'll have enough maps for anywhere up to 20 players. Hopefully we'll be using at least that many, but if we get close and won't need some then we can cut some closer to game day.

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 21st, 2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
My hesitation is that with the 3-player maps from the ARV contest we're already at 8 RotV, 8 FotA, and 15 RttFF sets being used. .
Challenge accepted Bigga. You know me - I had to give it a whirl.

Once again - not playtested, but hot off Virtual Scape.

Lol. Seriously though, don't feel obligated to use it. You just issued the challenge in the Maps section of the OP. So you know.... I answered the call.

Old June 21st, 2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
My hesitation is that with the 3-player maps from the ARV contest we're already at 8 RotV, 8 FotA, and 15 RttFF sets being used. .

Lol. Seriously though, don't feel obligated to use it. You just issued the challenge in the Maps section of the OP. So you know.... I answered the call.
Yay! I'm glad you took up the challenge!

I don't like this one; it uses 2 SotM and I only have 1. Really though, I think it looks great. The start zones don't have room for the Hive, but we can always add a space to them if needed like we do for those who go over the start zone limit anyway. I think my only other issue is that it seems like it's easier to move and engage through the Hive corners of the map than the glacier corners, which may promote 2 1v1's in the early game, but that's true of most other 1v1v1v1 maps I've seen (and the ones I made), and this one has the high ground evenly spaced at least, and with it all being towards the middle I think the game will evolve quickly enough that it wouldn't be a big issue. I'm not obligated, but still would be more than happy to use it next week.

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 21st, 2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yay! I'm glad you took up the challenge!

I don't like this one; it uses 2 SotM and I only have 1. Really though, I think it looks great. The start zones don't have room for the Hive, but we can always add a space to them if needed like we do for those who go over the start zone limit anyway. I think my only other issue is that it seems like it's easier to move and engage through the Hive corners of the map than the glacier corners, which may promote 2 1v1's in the early game, but that's true of most other 1v1v1v1 maps I've seen (and the ones I made), and this one has the high ground evenly spaced at least, and with it all being towards the middle I think the game will evolve quickly enough that it wouldn't be a big issue. I'm not obligated, but still would be more than happy to use it next week.
Lol. You got me this time, Bigga. My first thought was, "dang, Bigga's not usually that harsh...". Lo and behold, I just needed to keep reading. Again, no pressure. Or obligation.

I sure hope nobody brings the Hive for this tournament.... that's half your points!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events