Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 13th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

The 12th and 19th work out best for me, but the 5th wouldn't be impossible.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:57 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Just got the kids' fall soccer schedules - I'm probably out of the mix until November.
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:46 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

So far it looks like any Saturday in October ( 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th) should be good for me, since there is nothing on my calendar yet.

& obtw: I have been attending an FF Star Wars X-Wing group that meets at All The Kings Men on Main Street in Pitman, New Jersey on Monday evenings and several of the guys said that they would come to a Tournament if it were held in West Chester.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 13th, 2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Added "obtw" aftrer thought rather than double post.
Old September 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We have reserved 11/9 in Savage, selected especially to avoid coinciding with the regional holiday known as "Punkin Chunkin," celebrated this year on 11/2.

No format yet. Sign up here. Format suggestions are welcome.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
We have reserved 11/9 in Savage, selected especially to avoid coinciding with the regional holiday known as "Punkin Chunkin," celebrated this year on 11/2.

No format yet. Sign up here. Format suggestions are welcome.
YEAAAAAAAH Count me in!
Old September 18th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Standard house rule for Robber: for every two you bring, you may select and bring a map of your own choice. Sign up in the thread! And give me a format idea!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:16 PM

OKAY - it looks like there will NOT be a "HeroScape" Tournament OR "Star Wars X-Wing" Tournament in M.A.R.S. in September 2013. Has anyone considered doing ANYTHING for National HeroScape Day, coming up soon in October? What's up at Games Keep, WC,PA next Saturday ( 9/28 )? TOM, are you still planning to "Mage Wars" ALL day? I don't mind demo'ing it once or twice, but I'd rather play some other games as well, even "ZombieCide" or "Kemet" again. I am planning to be there to get my monthly gaming fix and I will bring with me a variety of my favorites, i.e. "Star Wars X-Wing," "Leviathans," "Shadows Over Camelot," "Stone Age," "Carcassonne," "Settlers Of Catan," "Survive EfA," "Agricola," BattleBall," "Race for the Galaxy," "Small World," "RISK: LotR version," The Hobbit Game," "The LotR LCG," and even "HeroScape" or "HeroClix," if any one is interested in some casual dice throwing next weekend.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:18 PM

OOOPS! The stupid HS Text Editor is giving me a hard time again.

Last edited by Johngee; September 19th, 2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Deleted because it's a double posting.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am still having a Mage Wars meet-up at the Games Keep on Saturday the 28th. I will be teaching & playing primarily Mage Wars that day. That being said, the store is hosting an open board game event that same day so there should be opportunities to play other games. Hopefully some of you guys can make it out.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:58 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think it is appropriate to post this here, if not just let me know.

The church I pastor is hosting another family game night Friday, September 27th from 7 to 10 pm. It's a very casual environment with no real agenda other than getting together and playing some games. No doubt there will be plenty of Boggle, Apples to Apples, and Monopoly, but I will be bringing "the good stuff" including a couple Heroscape Maps and some X Wing. I'm thinking of some other easy to learn multiplayer games like Fortune & Glory, Pandemic, and Dominion. I probably won't be bringing my War of the Ring Collector's Edition.

We will also have a few video game systems set up (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3).

Anyway, I realize a Friday night isn't optimal for people not in the area (Bel Air, Maryland) but thought I'd throw it out there. (or in here as the case may be.)

We will be meeting at The Highlands School, 2409 Creswell Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015. You can PM me if you need any more info.
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:54 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Well, its been awhile since Ive found my way to these boards. Is anyone holding anything for NHSD this year? Would anyone object to one at all the kings men in pitman? (also found another hobby shop in glassboro its called the comic shop. Its right across from the new barns and nobles adjacent to the dinner there) Iam prolly gonna be busy with college but iam taking classes locally and would enjoy playing a game of scape on some weekend (and possibly running an event or two)

Does anyone know if NHSD is going to be a sponsored event this year?

What are peoples thoughts if I ran an NHSD event this year? (I know it seems like forever since Ive ran an NHSD event)

Just throwing it out there to see what everyone thinks....and whats with all these unofficial/official figures?? 0_0 I have been gone awhile and have a feeling I have alot of catching up to do.

~Josh

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old September 21st, 2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
I think it is appropriate to post this here, if not just let me know.

The church I pastor is hosting another family game night Friday, September 27th from 7 to 10 pm. It's a very casual environment with no real agenda other than getting together and playing some games. No doubt there will be plenty of Boggle, Apples to Apples, and Monopoly, but I will be bringing "the good stuff" including a couple Heroscape Maps and some X Wing. I'm thinking of some other easy to learn multiplayer games like Fortune & Glory, Pandemic, and Dominion. I probably won't be bringing my War of the Ring Collector's Edition.

We will also have a few video game systems set up (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3).

Anyway, I realize a Friday night isn't optimal for people not in the area (Bel Air, Maryland) but thought I'd throw it out there. (or in here as the case may be.)

We will be meeting at The Highlands School, 2409 Creswell Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015. You can PM me if you need any more info.
@ PASTOR JbbnbSmith ~ No problem. And thank you for posting here. I think I can safely say that we welcome ALL HeroScapers within commuting distance of our randomly scheduled events to join in the conversation and have loosely included: DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, and VA as our focal point since that is where most of us reside. However, there was never any intention to leave anyone out. It's just illogical to drive 100+ miles to play a silly ("dumbed-down") version of a kid's fantasy war game... Isn't it?

Anyway, I lived at APG, MD from May 2010 - May 2011 (long story) and spent a lot of time getting familiar with the Bel Air area. I've been dropping hints at my current and former churches ( I recently moved ) to start a regular Board Gaming (socializing) Event, with little enthusiasm from the pastoral staffs. I guess the easiest way to accomplish MY vision would be to first pastor a church myself and then make attendance MANDATORY . . . hehehe. I might have to convince my wife that this is a "Mini-Gaming CONVENTION" and I need to stay in a motel, so that I can participate with you on Friday night in Bel Air on the 27th and still play games all day in West Chester on the 28th as I had previously planned.

@ DragonSlayer2 (whose Roman archers have a combined attack of 18) ~ Welcome back Josh. I glad to hear that you are taking some local college courses this year, so that maybe we can get together. I am very familiar with both TBS in Glassboro, and ATKM in Pitman which are only about 50 miles from my house. So YES, I would be up for any kind of HS tournament (NHSD or not), since these locations are only 2/3rds the distance that I usually travel to play this silly kid's game. Ha-ha ; - )

However, even though Steve at ATKM recently remodeled the entire basement for gaming, both locations are kind of small and have many other events booked in advance, i.e. Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic, Chess, WarHammer, etc. So you'll have to check with the proprietors to get something scheduled. If you do, I'll be glad to work with you and help you out. I just hate taking the lead note on these things. Too bad you don't have access to an empty warehouse at Millville Airport again - &obtw: Last year I was fianally able to officially promote MY Marcus Decimus Gallus from lowly Contubernalis to a full field-grade Centurian, so my Roman arrows can 'darken the sky' ... which usually gives my opponents an extra Defense Die for fighting in the shadow.

Last edited by Johngee; September 21st, 2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Corrected typos.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events