Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old January 7th, 2022, 03:15 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Workshop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
My only suggestion (after a little more inspection) would actually be to move the water next to the lvl4 height and switch it with the ice under the glyph. Since glyphs stop movement anyway, water is always good for throwing under a glyph. I think by replacing with ice, you'll allow at lot more freedom of movement for units trying to contest the glyphs from the center, or grabbing them end of round. The only issue is it's hard to traverse that lvl 4 height from the glyphs side....so maybe shift the snow a bit on that lvl 4 to allow somone from the glyph side to be able to get up on level 3 as a way to contest the height.
Awesome feedback. Something like this?

Old January 7th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death!

exactly.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 166 - 69
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 9th, 2022, 04:53 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good observation and a simple fix. The map is looking compelling.
Old May 18th, 2022, 11:23 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hello again friends! I received some great feedback for my ScapeCon II map contest submission, I'm just not sure how/where to apply it. Welcoming recommendations for:
  • Placement of the leftover 3 shadow tiles
  • Reduction of "plateau" redundancy
  • Reduction of "double space denial"
(As well as any other insights that can help improve this map- I think it has good bones)

King in the North
Old May 18th, 2022, 07:58 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death!

Honestly...this is an amazing map aesthetically. Sure it's a little bit chokey in certain spots...but you'd have to change quite a bit about the map to open it up more, and then that would take away from what you're trying to do with the theme and aesthetic.

I love the map the way it is tbh. It's probably not the most balanced for the ScapeCon's of the world ...but local tournaments I would definitely include it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 166 - 69
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla