Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 4th, 2022, 04:10 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Comics Guide and Theme Review

C3G’s Comics Recommendations

Best Introduction:
Hulk was definitely one of my favorites as a kid (I pity anyone who has never owned a pair of 2003 Hulk gloves, regardless of age), so I know a lot of his story, but I don’t think I’ve actually read enough Hulk to give a definitive answer here.

Iconic/Must Reads:
- The beginning (Incredible Hulk Epic Collection: Man or Monster?)
I’m usually a fan of starting at the start and getting the origin of the character, and I think the Hulk’s early stuff is worth it. Hulk’s initial series has the initial accident and saving Rick Jones, Betty and General Ross, wandering around the desert, and some cold war hijinks. Not a whole lot going on, his major villains aren’t here yet, but this thing gets all the early Hulk appearances including his time in the Avengers, and fights with Thing and Spider-Man.
- Incredible Hulk Epic Collection: Ghost of the Past
Peter David’s work on the Hulk is renowned by a lot of fans and he wrote the series for more than a decade, developing a lot of Banner’s psychological issues and Hulk’s personalities. One issue happened to be my first Hulk comic. Incredible Hulk #402-404 he has his first ever fight with the Juggernaut in the Amazon Jungle. Then Red Skull, with the help of Mentallo, brainwashes him (using his past relationship with his abusive father) for some sort of evil plan of world domination and he fights the Avengers before breaking out of it and fighting Juggernaut again. The stuff in the beginning of this trade is apparently sort of a final showdown between Hulk and Leader, which I’m sure is also totally worth reading.
- The Totally Awesome Hulk (Totally Awesome Hulk Vol. 1: Cho Time)
This series kicks off with world-class genius and friend of Hulk, Amadeus Cho, absorbing the powers of the Hulk and trying to prove Hulk can be a force for good. Banner, although a more minor character, partly (when he's not deceased) serves as a friend and mentor to Cho, but warns the decision to take on the Hulk was unwise and considers it a curse.

Thematic Favorites

Best Design of the Bunch:
Yeah, it’s Avengers Hulk.

Future Design Ideas
Professor Hulk, but we also need World Breaker Hulk.

Last edited by Splash; January 9th, 2022 at 02:01 PM.
Old January 4th, 2022, 07:56 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Immortal Hulk is the only thing I've read of his, but it's one of my favorite runs ever.

Avengers Hulk, easy. World Breaker Hulk is probably my biggest want, Hulk-wise.
Old January 4th, 2022, 10:10 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh, yeah, definitely want an Amadeus Cho as well ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 6th, 2022, 07:44 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Immortal Hulk. That’s it.
Word.

As for designs, gotta agree with the pack and say Avengers Hulk. Would love to see Devil/Immortal Hulk one day...hoping I can get him done pretty soon.
Old January 6th, 2022, 11:37 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

GOTHAM CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

Gotham's Finest
5th Precinct Beat Cops (65)
Bad Cops (55)
Commissioner Gordon (90)
Detective Bullock (100)
Detective Montoya (110)

---

RESULTS
Quote:

BEST INTRODUCTION
- Batman: Year One
AND
- Gotham Central (Book One: In the Line of Duty OR Omnibus)

ICONIC/MUST READS
2 Votes
~ Batman: The Animated Series
~ Gotham (TV series)
HAPHAZARD CHRONOLOGY READING GUIDE FOR THE BRAVE AND FOOLHARDY
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; April 28th, 2022 at 10:58 PM.
Old January 6th, 2022, 11:41 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Gotham Central is fantastic and my #1 GCPD story.

For iconic/must reads, I'd vote for Year One again. Little else uses Jim as a character so effectively. The Gotham TV show also does an excellent job.

The Beat Cops are my favorite design. It's a simple take that works well.

For future designs, a Captain Gordon or a GCPD Cruiser would be sweet.
Old January 7th, 2022, 07:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow already hit all the big name characters so now we are on DC cops? That was fast.
Old January 7th, 2022, 11:04 AM

Lol I'm doing multiple design heroes and team/groups every other. Law faction was brought up in the discord and these were an easy grouping.
Old January 7th, 2022, 12:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool idea! Batman: Year One I would say is the best intro, as it really establishes the Cops/Batman relationship well. Gotham Central was a fun book, though I didn't read all of it. I'll throw in Batman: The Animated Series as a great source of content on Bullock and Montoya in particular. Montoya was actually first created for the show (much like Harley Quinn) so it's a nice opportunity to see the genesis of the character and her relationship with Bullock.

I think Beat Cops are the most used, known, and played, but I think my favorite is Harvey Bullock for what he does to start to tie the faction together a bit more.

I'll echo that I'd love to see a Police Cruiser of some sort to beef cops up a bit more somehow.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 7th, 2022, 04:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed.
A Police Cruiser VDO would be great.
That would be a great one for an Ally to tackle.
I bet it would fare well in the Public vote.
Old January 9th, 2022, 02:28 PM

Princess Diana of Themyscira aka Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) (Mainstream DC)

Themyscira’s Greatest Champions
Star Sapphire (330)
Wonder Woman (300)
Wonder Woman (II) (370)
Wonder Woman (Justice League) (310)
Wonder Woman (Super Ally) (260)

---

RESULTS
Quote:

BEST INTRODUCTION
- Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia (The Hiketeia OR Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka Vol 1)
AND
- Wonder Woman by Gail Simone (The Circle OR Omnibus)

ICONIC/MUST READS
3 Votes
~ Justice League/DCAU (TV series)

1 Vote
~ DCeased
~ Injustice: Gods Among Us
~ Kingdom Come
~ Wonder Woman (2017 film)
HAPHAZARD CHRONOLOGY READING GUIDE FOR THE BRAVE AND FOOLHARDY
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; May 15th, 2022 at 05:05 PM. Reason: New Wonder Woman
Old January 9th, 2022, 04:03 PM

No real comic reading experience with Wonder Woman, so I look forward to getting recommendations!

Wonder Woman (300) might be my favorite unit, or at least top 5, so she takes it for me, even though I love Wonder Woman (JL) as well.

Biggest version of her missing is, I guess, gritty 90's Vigilante Wonder Woman.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project