Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 29th, 2021, 08:30 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
We played the first five (tutorial) scenarios of Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion. The boss monster scenario (#5) was a real nail biter but we pulled it out in the end. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The best part is that my friend has it (and the regular Gloomhaven game) so I don't have to spend any money!

She also bought Ankh which we haven't played yet, as well as second edition of Tyrants of the Underdark.
I'm about 12 scenarios in to Jaws of the Lion with a friend. It's really great. I keep thinking about pulling the trigger on the full game.
Old November 29th, 2021, 09:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've played the crap out of the full game and it's one of my top three games ever (along with C3G and Sentinels of the Multiverse). Highly recommend.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 29th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I've played the crap out of the full game and it's one of my top three games ever (along with C3G and Sentinels of the Multiverse). Highly recommend.
Have you played Marvel Champions Bats? Sentinels was a huge favorite of mine but since I’ve gotten into Champions it doesn’t really see the light of day much.

I think the big thing is I can actually solo Champions while Sentinels is a minimum of 3 heroes.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 29th, 2021, 09:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I haven't, because as far as I could tell it's just Sentinels with a different IP and a few small mechanical differences. It was hard to sell myself on buying into that when I already have just about everything made for Sentinels.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 29th, 2021, 04:41 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Actually got a chance to play my coming The Great Wall (Awaken Realms). I posted an Organized Play invitational thread on BGG for the first time without having the game in hand. Someone immediately responded that he had the game, which almost nobody in the US has yet. He came down from upstate and played it here with three of us locals last Saturday, and we had a great time. He only has the Core Game, which he bought on Ebay. But as I usually do, I went Game Play All In. Its an amazing and beautiful design, and quite unlike anything I've ever seen before.
Old December 1st, 2021, 10:40 AM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

November Gaming:

Marvel Champions x 18
God of War x 4
Set A Watch
Secrets
Dungeon Mayhem
Quicksand
King of Tokyo x 2
Pathfinder ACG x 3
Heroscape x 5
Magic the Gathering
Street Masters
Hexplore It
Citadels
LotR LCG
Cloudspire
Agricola
Xenoshyft
Mage Wars x 2
Drako x 2
Thunderstone

Old December 1st, 2021, 03:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I got in a game of Zombicide: Invader (that's the space based one) with 4 other players, I enjoyed it. We played a team filled with the Brother in Arms powers and that was pretty cool, everyone able to share powers back and forth really helped secure the win. Lots of Abominations were spawned, but we had lots of fire for them. Then we played a game of Outer Rim after one player left and we had just 4 of us. We played a longer one (extra fame required to win) and I ended up getting smoked in that one, the guy who played Boba Fett ran away with it (lots of Bounties secured). I played Han Solo and struggled to find ways to earn fame in the end. Just couldn't pull the right cards. It was a fun time though. We're talking about revisiting Firefly sometime soon now.
Old December 1st, 2021, 07:04 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

We played Apollo, playing the first Gemini mission (there is also an Apollos moon landing mission to play). We just barely finished the mission without ending in disaster. It's a fun dice throwing game; it might be a little to luck-dependent for some people. But the game is only 25 dollars at Walmart.

Then we played Escape the Dark Dungeon which is a great game that manages to have both combat and storytelling aspects with minimal rules and components. It's definitely a game to check out if you're looking to design your own game and are doing research about games that already exist.

Old December 3rd, 2021, 03:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I got in a game of Zombicide: Invader (that's the space based one) with 4 other players, I enjoyed it. We played a team filled with the Brother in Arms powers and that was pretty cool, everyone able to share powers back and forth really helped secure the win. Lots of Abominations were spawned, but we had lots of fire for them. Then we played a game of Outer Rim after one player left and we had just 4 of us. We played a longer one (extra fame required to win) and I ended up getting smoked in that one, the guy who played Boba Fett ran away with it (lots of Bounties secured). I played Han Solo and struggled to find ways to earn fame in the end. Just couldn't pull the right cards. It was a fun time though. We're talking about revisiting Firefly sometime soon now.
Very cool. I’m yet to play my copy of this zombicide. I opted out of the Kickstarter. I picked up the main box, the dark side main box, the door set, and the black ops retail expansion. I’ll have to try it out. Never played that starwars game but absolutely love Star Wars legion. It really is the real deal when it comes to playing a Star Wars themed miniatures battle game. I’d recommend it to any of the HoSS guys or gamers that are fans of Star Wars.
Old December 19th, 2021, 08:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

On a third try, played my first two games of the new Brian Boru: High King of Ireland. Both 3 Player games were fun and different. Its a keeper! Each game only took about 1 1/2 hours, even though my two opponents were totally new to it. Having previously done two solitaires to learn it, I won the first game by two points. The second was a two way, and almost a three way tie! Wow.

During both games, we were constantly coming up with new tactics and ploys.
Old January 1st, 2022, 02:17 AM

The Great Wall finally arrived after more than two years since I backed it! I inventoried this huge Kickstarter, prepped it for play, sleeved hundreds of cards, and finally, built 9 cardboard wall sections and 4 towers! "A thing of beauty is a joy forever."

After the Chinese delayed putting it on a ship twice, Awaken Realms, its Polish publisher, had it sent to them instead, and transhipped to the USA, where we finally got it after the whole world got it first--even the Canadians. It eventually traveled China-Poland-Germany-Memphis, TN-NYC-Me!

Having played it once already as noted in a previous post, I was very happy to see its huge shipping carton with four boxes inside arrive two days ago. This is the fifth Kickstarter of six I backed before the Pandemic to arrive; the last should be here in January.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Old January 1st, 2022, 11:19 AM

Matthias' 2021 Gaming
I play solo games, games with a few game groups monthly, and games with my kids. I'm definetly an Ameritrash player.

1. Marvel Champions (223) This has taken over as my super hero game. Sentinels of the Multiverse held it for quite a while but this has surpassed it.
2. Lord of the Rings LCG (77) Still my go to solo game. I still love building and trying new sheninigans with decks.
3. Heroscape (64) Ironically enough even without Gen Con for me this year I think I played this more than any other time in the past 10 years.
4. Pathfinder Adventure Card game (4 Still working through this with my main game group. We still enjoy it all these years later.
5. Magic the Gathering (27) By far only because of my son and oldest. I really think there's a dozen games that do this concept so much better.
6. Cloudspire (16) I've enjoyed this the more I play it. There's a big learning curve, but once you get past it and have 4 hours it's a great game.
7. Street Masters (12) Looking forward to the expansion in the next few months, but still a great game with lots of content. Brings back memories of the old school video games like Double Dragon and Final Fight.
7. Too Many Bones (12) This game deserves so much more play. It does so many things so well.
7. Marvel Legendary (12) I didn't expect to see this as high because it's really not my favorite but I got some stuff fairly cheap and my kids enjoy it.
7. Dungeon Mayhem (12) A fun little fighting game that the whole family enjoys.

9 plays each
Descent 2nd edition (Still my favorite Dungeon Crawl)
Bang! The Dice Game (Still probably my favorite party game)

8 Plays each
Joan of Arc (Absolutely love this game, but the set up time is ridiculous)
Ashes (one of the games that does the magic concept better)
Hexplore It (A great RPG lite game)
Aliens Legendary (It does the theme extremely well)
5 Minute Dungeon (Fun little real time game)

7 plays each
Godtear (Has some heroscape characteristics)

6 plays each
Myth
World of Warcradt Trading Card Game

5 plays each
Batman Love Letter
King of Tokyo
Roll For Adventure

4 plays each
Altar Quest
Kids Create Absurdity
Quicksand
Mage Wars
Apocrypha
God of War
Hero Realms

3 plays each
Predator Legendary
Xenoshyft
Maximum Apocalypse
Spot It
Dragon Slayer
Drako
Thunderstone
Bug Hunt

2 times each
Citadels
Aeon's End
Set A Watch
Rifles in the Pacific
Three Little Pigs
Forbidden Island

1 play each
Dominion
Connect 4
Fairy Tile
Mage Knight
Mercs Recon
Undaunted Normandy
Ninja vs Ninja
Fairy Tale
10 Days in the USA
Qwirkle
Ghost Stories
Pirate vs Pirate
UNO
Kingdomino
Shadows Over Camelot
Marvel Villanios
Zombicide
Last Night On Earth
Descent "3rd" edition
Mansions of Madness
Marvel United
Guess in 10
Tiny Epic Defenders
Flash Point Fire and Rescue
The Game of Things
Warfighter
Secrets
Agricola
Defenders of the Realm
Keyforge
Ogre Under
Nuns on the Run
Labyrinth
Forbidden Desert

78 different games, 693 times.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games