Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 16th, 2021, 05:12 PM
Gorred the Con-petition. C3G Con Champ 2021!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Wolverine (James Howlett) (Avengers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I’m cool with that, I like giving more factional synergy. I might do a 13 or higher but I’ll trust whatever number you think is best.
13 could be fine too. Mainly just wanted to account for Destiny, Magneto II, and Sage combo being a driving factor for him. That's a lot of eggs in 1 basket, and I think you could gain a similar boost when paired with Vision and Beast when all is said and done, so I'm not too worried either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I do hope that as we continue to build Avengers stuff here, we can start working in some more soft thematic synergies to get characters playing with their actual allies. If there’s an Avengers Mockingbird, she should play well with Hawkeye, not Thor. Really dig how that’s going with Viz and Wanda.

Have no problem with the reigning in or Beast points, that’s why I didn’t mention them.
I can't speak for anyone else who has designed for the faction, but that's typically something I've done and continue to do. Cap & Winter Soldier & Black Widow, Vis & Scarlet, Quicksilver and Scarlet, Strange & Iron Man & Beast, Beast & Wolverine etc.

It's also important to note that they should play as a collective/cohesive team, not just various duos. So for your example of Mockingbird playing well with Hawkeye and not Thor, I disagree. She should still play well with Thor, but maybe have an extra hook/incentive/benefit that makes her even better with Hawkeye. Discouraging being played with other Avengers in favor of just the most thematic ones is a bit counter intuitive when the Avengers by default is an open synergy at it's core. So these designs, IMO, should all play better with each other than any random throw in or villain etc., as well as an extra benefit if played with their most notable pairing.

So in this instance, Vision going well with Wolverine is a good thing, not a bad thing. Because ultimately he still plays perfectly with Scarlet. Doesn't need to be one or the other.
Old June 16th, 2021, 06:18 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I feel like he generally means it from the perspective of like when talking about who Mockingbird plays well with, Hawkeye should likely be one of, if not the, first name said and if anyone is mentioned more than once in her play style, probably should be Hawkeye, not like Thor. I've said similar before and stand by it. If the only connection someone has is that they were both on the team synergizing them isn't really a priority, though that's not so say that it shouldn't happen.

I'm cool with switching to the D20. I was a tad weary of the power level of it at first (didnt really say anything as you are pretty good ar keeping an eye on stuff and adjusting as needed), so no issue switching to the more adjustable D20 approach.
Old June 16th, 2021, 06:37 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I hear ya.

If you look back through a lot of my faction building, I generally try to pair people off first and foremost, and consider the faction as a team in addition to that. Both are important, IMO, which is where we differ as you're suggesting the team aspect isn't a priority. Given these are Avengers designs, makes sense to make them play well within the Avengers, rather than just a tandem adventure focused design.

IMO, that's what should be strived for, otherwise you're only ever gonna see those units played as a package deal, which I don't think makes for the ideal faction experience, personally, given these are characters who've had a wealth of history in various teams and have been associated with the faction as a whole, not just their specific duo.

But I digress. Just difference in design philosophy is all.
Old June 16th, 2021, 06:58 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh I dont disagree with you. Avengers should be fun together and I think when we're being attentive to it and hearing out the different philosophies, we dont wind up with a situation of some like weird hodge podge of Avengers that have never worked together feeling like the best Avengers play.
Old June 29th, 2021, 12:20 AM

I updated the SP with the proposed change to a d20 roll for Adamantium Flurry, going with 13 as suggested by Archie.

I also, in turn, lowered his Defense from 5 to 4. I found through further testing it's best to lower it just to be safe, especially as the faction expands.
Old June 29th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

He struck me as particularly tough in the one game I've played with him so far.
Old July 20th, 2021, 12:54 AM

Updated the wording on Tracking to include non-normal movement special powers triggering Wolverine's movement. Change was due to "normal movement" limitation excluding things unintentionally, such as Web Swings etc. when it was only supposed to limit Wolverine from moving multiple times in a player turn due to mass movement powers or defensive movement etc.
Old July 20th, 2021, 07:29 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

So with Web Swing he will get to move 3 times in a turn now?
Old July 20th, 2021, 03:50 PM

Good catch. Probably should just be changed to once per turn, after a figure ends it’s movement etc.
Old July 20th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yep, once per turn would fix that interaction.
Old July 20th, 2021, 07:26 PM

Updated
Old July 20th, 2021, 10:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good change. Did you want it restricted to *that* figure's turn or are you happy with Wolvie moving when someone bounces away defensively too? I believe the current wording does both.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library