Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 28th, 2014, 12:07 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I like the "Relentless" nature of the SA, works well with their personality and theme. A couple of rules questions on the SA. Can they use it on an adjacent destructible object? The way it's written now I believe they could knock down the castle door and then take a shot, which I guess works. And can they take the ranged attack even if they are still engaged? It sort of implies they can but you may want to spell that out.
Yes, I was hoping their "Relentless" and reckless nature would come through with their mechanics. I'm glad you like it.

I don't see why the couldn't do it after taking out a D0, but I don't honestly know for sure. They are more than capable of taking normal ranged attacks when they are engaged, but they can not take their additional attack with their SA if they are still engaged. They can only attack a non-adjacent opponent "if possible" and otherwise have no special ability to allow them to attack someone they are not engaged with while engaged. You otherwise want to place them to be singly engaged to maximize their Special Attack.
Old July 29th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Another interesting squad. Three things. First, "Relentless Raid" should be "Relentless Raid Special Attack." Second, after the first attack with Relentless Raid, can the figure attack a distant figure even it if is still engaged? It isn't clear from the power, but rules-wise it would still have to attack the figure it was engaged with. Third, they may be underpriced a tad. Comparing them to the 4th and 10th, they don't have the awesome WTF, but Relentless Raid is potentially as or even more powerful, and they have some decent Relentless synergies. My one hesitation is that they don't have the defense boost either of those powerhouse squads, and that definitely matters, but the extra Move is very nice.
Old July 29th, 2014, 04:24 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Another interesting squad. Three things. First, "Relentless Raid" should be "Relentless Raid Special Attack." Second, after the first attack with Relentless Raid, can the figure attack a distant figure even it if is still engaged? It isn't clear from the power, but rules-wise it would still have to attack the figure it was engaged with. Third, they may be underpriced a tad. Comparing them to the 4th and 10th, they don't have the awesome WTF, but Relentless Raid is potentially as or even more powerful, and they have some decent Relentless synergies. My one hesitation is that they don't have the defense boost either of those powerhouse squads, and that definitely matters, but the extra Move is very nice.
You caught two mistakes there for me, actually. I missed the Special Attack after Relentless Raid, yes, but I also mislabeled them as a Common Squad where they are actually a Unique Squad.

As a Common Squad, I would absolutely agree that Relentless Raid SA would probably push them over the top when compared to the 4th or 10th. Against lower defense commons, the potential for 8 attacks of melee and ranged is rivaled only by Kato lead Ashigaru. However, as a Unique Squad, while they technically still have the same potential for devastation, they are so much more susceptible to losses. With a mere two defense, these Marauders will quickly take losses and rapidly drop in power. It is because of that that I felt I was able to push them the way I dead.

Otherwise, the intention is that they cannot attack any other figure if they are still engaged after the Relentless Raid Special Attack. I was hoping it would be obvious enough with an understanding of the rules and the "if possible" clause, but I suppose I could reword it to be more explicit given the questions I have been receiving. In any case, thank you for the comments.
Old July 31st, 2014, 02:00 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Pelogian Kineticists

This looks like a very fun squad. I don't know how good they will be - 60 points for a 2/3 melee 3-figure squad is expensive and Throw doesn't work all the time. On maps with lots of steep cliffs and/or lava, the Pelogians will shine. I think they'll be great for a free-for-all scenario, because your opponents will probably underestimate them and you can throw opponents' figures into each other, forcing them into engagement.

Relegex Marauders
This squad is packing Marro Warrior stats (-1 defense) and a special attack instead of Water Clone. The Marro are a more consistent pick, but the Relegex could be really good or just die too quickly to anything. They're riskier but a nice cheap special attack option to fill out your last 70 points.
Old July 31st, 2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Pelogian Kineticists

This looks like a very fun squad. I don't know how good they will be - 60 points for a 2/3 melee 3-figure squad is expensive and Throw doesn't work all the time. On maps with lots of steep cliffs and/or lava, the Pelogians will shine. I think they'll be great for a free-for-all scenario, because your opponents will probably underestimate them and you can throw opponents' figures into each other, forcing them into engagement.
I agree that they're probably not the most competitive, but they do seem fun. Now that you mention it, I really want to try them in a big multiplayer match now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Relegex Marauders
This squad is packing Marro Warrior stats (-1 defense) and a special attack instead of Water Clone. The Marro are a more consistent pick, but the Relegex could be really good or just die too quickly to anything. They're riskier but a nice cheap special attack option to fill out your last 70 points.
Their personality could just as easily be Reckless as Relentless. These guys carry a lot of potential firepower and the fact that it is a special attack can give them a nice edge, but that all can be swept away or crippled with just a few attacks. They are no Marro Warriors, but the Marro Warriors are better than I wanted to make these guys.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited by Ixe; November 22nd, 2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old August 4th, 2014, 03:46 PM

Continuing with the wave, here is the extra figure from Relegex Marauders Unique squad used as a Unique Hero.

This is the Plague Stage 3A Troop with Heavy Machine Gun from Deadzone. The figure is supplied unpainted and requires assembly.

NAME = Yardin Thenn
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Arctorous
SPECIES = Relegex
CLASS = Fighter
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Medium 4
UNIQUE Hero

Life = 4
Move = 6
Range = 5
Attack = 2
Defense = 2
Points = 55

Triple Attack

When Yardin Thenn attacks with a normal attack, he may attack two additional times.

This wave has largely been an exercise in simplicity, and Yardin Thenn exemplifies this goal. With a single power (and a VC reuse at that), Yardin nevertheless differentiates himself from Rachiem and stands more as a one-man squad than anything.

To avoid bonding with the Death Knights and gaining other synergies, this potentially potent Relegex has been made Wild instead of Relentless. Fun fact, the fictional Relegex race that I have invented is the same in plural and singular form. In further trivia, Thenn is a nod to the Song of Ice and Fire series.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; August 11th, 2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old August 4th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

He's simple, fragile, and a nice use of 55 points. Low range keeps his power in check. I like it.
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:19 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Yardin is sort of a Guilty on space steroids: Triple Attack instead of Double Attack and 4 Life instead of 2. The Range difference is pretty distinct though. A pretty nice simple design, and a good fill for the 55pt slot.
Old August 11th, 2014, 11:34 AM

Thanks for the comments, @Arch-vile and @Scytale . I'm glad that you both like him and think he looks about right where he is. It seems that there really isn't as much to say about the ultra simple ones.

I still have 3 heroes in this wave left, so let's bring that number down to 2.

Here is the Haqqislam: Ghulam Infantry (Hacker) from Infinity. The miniature is supplied assembled and unpainted.

NAME = Linux Ko
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET = Alpha Prime
SPECIES = Mariedian
CLASS = Hacker
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 4
UNIQUE HERO

Life = 3
Move = 5
Range = 6
Attack = 3
Defense = 3
Points = 75

REMOTE SYSTEMS HACK 13

After revealing an Order Marker on Linux Ko, after taking a turn with Linux, you may choose any Unique Soulborg Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Linux. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen hero returns to its previous owner. All Order Marker's that were on that figure's Army Card will stay on that Army Card.

Another freedom fighter for the Mariedian Army, Linux Ko is more thematic than he is unique. His power is an alteration of the Mind Flayer Mastermind's Enslave 17 power, where he can only use this to hack into Soulborgs (albeit more reliably). He represents the Mariedian's fight against their oppressors, following along the lines of Kira Jax in temporarily befuddling the Soulborgs to scrape together whatever advantage that they can.

In practice, Linux Ko can be moved into position with the M-43 before taking turns and hacking soulborgs. He's almost a pure counter-draft at his stats, although he can still run and gun in a pinch. Additionally, he can always be used to hack your own soulborgs and activate them, although you'd probably be better off giving the hero in question the order marker rather than rely on this inconsistent form of bonding.

Fun fact, his name is a nod to the Linux operating system to tie in with his hacker powers.

Last edited by Ixe; April 14th, 2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old August 11th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Archie

Linux (love the name) is a very niche but thematic hero. I'd love to hack Deathwalker 7000 and force him to explode. Hacking any of the Q bros or Deathwalkers would be great, actually. He's a bit expensive to be an auto-include as Maridian filler, and he's too frail to be a reliable counter. But in a thematic Soulborg resistance battle, Linux is a very valuable hero capable of swinging momentum back in your favor.
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:01 AM

Another solid design, though one that would be limited to counterdrafting. Or maybe he might have value mixed in a Soulborg hero army. The trouble is that a turn with a single 3 attack isn't a great turn, when there's a 60% chance of nothing else happening. Still, fun counterdraft.

I like the nod to the Linux operating system, though I feel your nod is a bit too obvious. I suggest naming him "Linus," which retains the nod but is not as direct.
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:31 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I love how Linux embodies the Meriedan fight against the soulborg. I stands with Scytale to rename him Linus, that'll be even better !

For the sake of making cards with few powers, did you ever considered making a card without any power, just using synergy ? For instance, a Relentless Lord for Utgar would have plenty of synergies (death knight, skelleton, blackgaard, Ornak, ...). Maybe even some place for a race synergy ˆˆ And all that, without any power ! Or just add a power, and you get a lot from few words !

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards