Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old April 29th, 2023, 03:20 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Duploids

Duploids

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = DUPLOIDS
IDENTITY = DANTON BLACK

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD (3)
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 100

CRIMINAL SWARM
Once per turn, before activating an allied Criminal Hero, you may activate the Duploids. If you do, that ally cannot use its attack phase.

SELF-DUPLICATION
When a Duploid defends, if it has 1+ blanks, it ignores all wounds and you may place a defeated Duploid on a space adjacent to a Danton Black on your team.

FACTION = INJUSTICE
PUBLISHER = DC
KEYWORDS =
SYMBOLS = SUPER STRENGTH
WINTER 2024: Danton Black is a supervillain with the ability to create duplicate bodies of himself. He calls these duplicates, Duploids.

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Arkham Asylum #003 / Multiplex
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: japes
  • Card art: japes
  • Comic creators: Gerry Conway · Al Milgrom
Updates
  • N/A

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by IAmBatman; February 2nd, 2024 at 05:40 PM.
Old April 29th, 2023, 03:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Duploids - Initial Conversion

• Straight port
• He's a member of the Secret Society of Super Villains so I gave him the Injustce faction tag in anticipation of mimicking the JL and being loose with that tag. He's also a member of Task Force X but being a squad that tie in will happen with his power set letting him hang out with Criminals that get recruited there. Plus the Unique will work there as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 29th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Nice! Totally agreed with the Injustice tag. Wording:

Quote:
CRIMINAL SWARM
Once per turn, before the move phase of a Criminal Hero ally, you may activate the Duploids. If you do, that Criminal cannot use its attack phase.

SELF-DUPLICATION
When a Duploid defends, if it has 1+ blanks, it ignores all wounds and you may place a defeated allied Danton Black squad figure on a space adjacent to any Danton Black ally.
Is Self-Duplication meant to work with potential future Multiplex squads? It'd be easier wording if it just said Duploid for the first part. For example:

Quote:
SELF-DUPLICATION
When a Duploid defends, if it has 1+ blanks, it ignores all wounds and you may place a defeated Duploid on a space adjacent to any Danton Black ally.
Old April 29th, 2023, 05:03 PM
A Man of Taste

Duploids do come in all shapes and sizes...but honestly..I doubt I ever run them at this point so Duploid works for me.

Old April 30th, 2023, 10:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is Criminal Swarm meant to work when a Criminal Unique Hero only gets a Move Phase and not the rest of its activation? If yes, Archie's wording works. If no, we probably want it to trigger before an activation with that Criminal Unique Hero.

Thematically, I wonder if Self-Duplication should ignore wounds or avoid the attack?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 30th, 2023, 11:46 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Thematically, I wonder if Self-Duplication should ignore wounds or avoid the attack?
I went with the weaker Ignore wounds because I figured...they take the hit. They aren't dodging it in anyway. Just the force is transferred into duplication.

Old April 30th, 2023, 11:47 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Is Criminal Swarm meant to work when a Criminal Unique Hero only gets a Move Phase and not the rest of its activation? If yes, Archie's wording works. If no, we probably want it to trigger before an activation with that Criminal Unique Hero.
before activation is probably the right call here.

Old May 1st, 2023, 09:40 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

I went with the weaker Ignore wounds because I figured...they take the hit. They aren't dodging it in anyway. Just the force is transferred into duplication.
anyone else have any comment, specifically this part?

Old May 1st, 2023, 11:11 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Your take makes sense.
Old May 1st, 2023, 11:51 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Agreed
Old May 1st, 2023, 12:17 PM
A Man of Taste

About to start Multiplex and had this thought...

Duploids
SELF-DUPLICATION
When a Duploid defends, if it has 1+ blanks, it ignores all wounds and you may place a defeated Duploid on a space adjacent to any Danton Black ally.

Multiplex
SELF-DUPLICATION
When Multiplex defends, if he has 1+ blanks, he ignores all wounds and you may place a defeated Duploid on a space adjacent to any Danton Black ally.

would this work to change it to this for all...

SELF-DUPLICATION
When Danton Black defends, if he has 1+ blanks, it ignores all wounds and you may place a defeated Duploid on a space adjacent to any Danton Black ally.

Probably odd to reference the ID there but figured I'd ask.

Old May 1st, 2023, 12:26 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that creates a point where every blank would spawn 2 Duploids? Since there are 2 copies of the power going.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database