Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Twisted Sister

You're my hero...
That was a long long time ago...but funny story a few years ago I went to my cousin's wedding and they had hired one of the local wedding bands that I got to know pretty well from my days of bartending and their guitar player was......Ed Ojeda from TS....no joke.
Nice! Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Here is there web site if you need proof

http://visioneband.com/_wsn/page3.html
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Concerts you have attended

1st: The Chieftains

then, in no particular order:
Billy Joel (x5)
Elton John
Styx (x2)
Clannad
Rockapella (x2)
The Lord of the Rings Concert
John Denver

and most recently, Trans Siberian Orchestra

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:32 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

TSO rocks

Unfortunately the Chieftains did not play the Guinness Fleadh the year I went
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:39 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
TSO rocks

Unfortunately the Chieftains did not play the Guinness Fleadh the year I went
Yeah, TSO is amazing. Hoping to go when they come to Providence in December.

-insert signature here-
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, the first concert I can remember going to was 2Live Crew and a bunch of other rap bands at a New Year's Eve Concert.

The best of all-time: U2 - the Pop-Mart tour (mid/late 90's)

Also:

Metallica / Guns N Roses / Faith No More
Madonna
Paula Abdul / Color Me Bad
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Jewel

the King...George Strait (that one was fun!)

and one of my favorites, and yes, I am a man because I can admit this:

Milli Vanilli

(I loved it and still have their CD (or facsimile thereof ))

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

You know, I've never seen the appeal of concerts. Why bother listening to music in a crowded area full of screaming strangers if you can just do so at home, or in a car, or something like that?

Then again, I dislike loudness in general, so...
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:54 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Hmmm. I'm not sure I can remember em all, but here goes.

Iron Maiden (my first show)
Megadeth
Metallica
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
Cinderella
Poison
Britny Fox
Warrent
Dio
Madball
Lita Ford
I know there is more, I just can't remember them right now.
Probably 100's of small time Christian bands
Plus I played probably about 200 myself

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:56 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Does the Red Sox Bullpen Band count?

-insert signature here-
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:03 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow! I could spend(waste) hours trying to come up with 90% of the people and groups I've seen in concert.

Here is what I can remember off the top of my head:

KISS
Blue Oster Cult
Dobbie Brothers
Heart
Billy Joel / Elton John
Others in the 70's & 80's I don't remember.

Then.. the past couple decades:
Most all of the country stars of the 90's thru early 00.
If you seen them on the CMA's I probably have met them ( Wife used to work in Radio ). We hit all the country concerts From the Twin Cities to Des Moines & Cedar Rapids, and places inbetween ( Mankato, Ames, and many fairs ).

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Not many for me. The first was back when the Monkees were making their comeback tour in the eighties. Weird Al opened for them. Other than that me and the wife have seen Queensryche twice. The first was the Building Empires tour (they played Operation Mindcrime in its entirety with all the visuals!), the second was the Promised Land tour.

If I lived in the right place I'd hit the G3 concerts every chance I could.
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:17 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Not many for me. The first was back when the Monkees were making their comeback tour in the eighties. Weird Al opened for them.

I saw that tour too at Six Flags
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:20 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
You know, I've never seen the appeal of concerts. Why bother listening to music in a crowded area full of screaming strangers if you can just do so at home, or in a car, or something like that?

Then again, I dislike loudness in general, so...
You can't compare the two. Live converts have a whole different feel. When they start up a song and everyone recognizes the song and start to hum the melody or sing the lyrics........there is an energy that you sense in the air. It's an awesome feeling. It's like going to a live sports event. Yea, you can get a sense of pride when you watch your team score some baskets, but when you're there, in the stadium you can feel the energy. I love it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music