Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old January 2nd, 2021, 12:11 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 1] PYRIA (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Playtesting

Posted a playtest here.

I will add here that I think changing her special attack to two attacks of 4 at a range of 3 or 4 would be better both functionally (easier to position, which can hurt her a lot frailty wise) and thematically (two flaming hands should equal two attacks not one or two)

Also, should she have lava resistance? Seems like a fit for her character and that certainly would've helped in my matchup!

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; January 2nd, 2021 at 12:27 AM. Reason: more feedback
Old January 3rd, 2021, 11:42 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'm not sure what the mechanical difference would be?
Old January 4th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the playtest, S1R_ART0R1US.

Part of the point of the special attack is to force her to be dangerously bold in placement, high-risk high-reward. Splitting the beams is a key part of that.

As for Lava Resistant, it's something we discussed. Just because a figure does fire stuff doesn't necessarily make it Lava Resistant, though. It wouldn't be a problematic addition, but we decided to keep the unit to single power (which is mildly complex).
Old January 4th, 2021, 04:58 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just to add with Lava Resistant, a lot of elves in Heroscape use fire magic but aren't lava resistant, likewise with Mimring's breath. I'm not part of the team on this one, but I'd say Lava Resistant isn't really a necessity here. A couple of units in this set will likely have it anyway (the cats and maybe the phoenixes).
Old January 5th, 2021, 12:57 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Thanks for the playtest, S1R_ART0R1US.

Part of the point of the special attack is to force her to be dangerously bold in placement, high-risk high-reward. Splitting the beams is a key part of that.

As for Lava Resistant, it's something we discussed. Just because a figure does fire stuff doesn't necessarily make it Lava Resistant, though. It wouldn't be a problematic addition, but we decided to keep the unit to single power (which is mildly complex).
My take is that it's a high-risk, moderate reward move. If I can keep her on height I can still get a 4 die attack off, and I can get it at longer range. I don't affect as many figures that way, but she's more survivable.
Old January 30th, 2021, 12:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Pyria was included in these tests, though she didn't do much (and the reports are just notes anyway, really). She was largely overshadowed by Ozuul in the same army, and when she did get used the potential was there but she tended to roll poorly before getting killed. I don't think the tests provide much other than to say I do like her as a single power card as the lines are fun to set up and harder to avoid than you might think. Now if I could just roll at least average...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 18th, 2021, 09:24 AM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Is this figure still in development? I played a game with her this week and really enjoyed this design. The map was Honor by Flash-19. My army was Death Knights x4, Azazel, and Pyria. I was up against The Queen Bee that is in C3V playtesting, 3x bees squad, Nilfheim, and Brute Gruts.

Having two bonding option for the DKs proides some great flexibility that allowed me to charge in with Azaazel while not being worried that he would die and leave me with just the DKs to work with. Azazel did his usual thing of doing some decent damage before getting knocked off. It was easy to switch over to Pyria at this point who because of the bonding gave me two chances to revive Azaazel on each OM. After a couple of OMs, Azazel came back to life which left my opponent having to try to position his figures to avoid both potential fire line and whirlwind attacks. It was an effective combo that eventually got me the win.

Just looking at the card I thought Pyria was going to be a little overpowered based on her stats, but the 2 defense reigns the rest of her powers in nicely. She could basically die at any moment. But on the flip-side, she could also do massive damage at any moment if she hits a 4/4 or 3/4 on her fire line.

I love this design. I think Pyria adds a lot to DK army builds and could potentially be decent as a stand alone hero as well. I'm excited about Pyria and hope this whole project is still moving forward.

Last edited by Tiamat; June 18th, 2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old June 18th, 2021, 10:53 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Is this figure still in development? I played a game with her this week and really enjoyed this design. The map was Honor by Flash-19. My army was Death Knights x4, Azazel, and Pyria. I was up against The Queen Bee that is in C3V playtesting, 3x bees squad, Nilfheim, and Brute Gruts.

Having two bonding option for the DKs proides some great flexibility that allowed me to charge in with Azaazel while not being worried that he would die and leave me with just the DKs to work with. Azazel did his usual thing of doing some decent damage before getting knocked off. It was easy to switch over to Pyria at this point who because of the bonding gave me two chances to revive Azaazel on each OM. After a couple of OMs, Azazel came back to life which left my opponent having to try to position his figures to avoid both potential fire line and whirlwind attacks. It was an effective combo that eventually got me the win.

Just looking at the card I thought Pyria was gooint to be a little overpowered based on her stats, but the 2 defense reigns the rest of her powers in nicely. She could basically die at any moment. But on the flip-side, she could also do massive damage at any moment if she hits a 4/4 or 3/4 on her fire line.

I love this design. I think Pyria adds a lot to DK army build and could potentially be decent as a stand alone hero as well. I'm excited about Pyria and hope this whole project is still moving forward.
Hi Tiamat, thanks for dropping by; public playtests and feedback are always much appreciated.

This figure is still in development (playtesting phase). Unfortunately our progress has slowed down as of late as we recently had a couple members step down from the project, but we're still slowly moving forward, and every playtest is extremely helpful toward eventually completing the project.

Right now, Ozuul and the Velnesh Alphas are the two units closest to being finalized, but we've got quite a few other designs ready for playtesting as well, all of which you can find here.

Thanks again for stopping by, and if you have any questions or would like to be more involved, just let us know!
Old June 18th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Under Taro's Banner

Didn’t realize she has Death Knight synergy, that’s pretty nice.
Old August 5th, 2021, 07:12 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Pyria was used in a small test here. She did most of the work for her team, and reminded me as she always does that even though there's not much going on with her card, she's more than capable on the battlefield.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 23rd, 2021, 09:38 PM

destroyer has disabled reputation

Just to be clear, Pyria must select 2 different straight hex lines originating from her center and never 2 of the same hex lines (correct?)
Old December 27th, 2021, 12:30 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
Just to be clear, Pyria must select 2 different straight hex lines originating from her center and never 2 of the same hex lines (correct?)
That’s correct (also note that one attack roll is made against all figures on both lines at the same time; just like Moltenclaw).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs