Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 21st, 2020, 02:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Battle Reports

Oh man, when Wolverine lasted that long, I thought for sure he was going to be impossible to put down! Sounds like Hawkgirl took him out in one blow! If so, that's a good splash page candidate too.

I'm really enjoying reading about your evolving meta! I'd love to read a power rankings from you some time if you're up to it (though I understand if that sounds too daunting!).

Competitive talk is one thing I'd love to see more of here (i.e. in the forums), but it's tough to keep up with given the sheer volume of stuff we have (and how quickly we're putting out new stuff to change the landscape).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 21st, 2020, 03:27 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I would looooove to see more strategy talk on here. Maybe a thread where there's a different character to discuss every 2-3 days?

Loved the report! Seeing Chronos clutch the win was really cool, and pretty surprised to see Wonder Woman underperform. She's a pretty consistent threat in my games!
Old October 21st, 2020, 03:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Lazy has written up some pretty good strategy articles for some units that you might enjoy reading. I don't have a link at the moment, but I know they were released as part of the codex at one point.
Old October 21st, 2020, 04:02 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Oh man, when Wolverine lasted that long, I thought for sure he was going to be impossible to put down! Sounds like Hawkgirl took him out in one blow! If so, that's a good splash page candidate too.

I'm really enjoying reading about your evolving meta! I'd love to read a power rankings from you some time if you're up to it (though I understand if that sounds too daunting!).

Competitive talk is one thing I'd love to see more of here (i.e. in the forums), but it's tough to keep up with given the sheer volume of stuff we have (and how quickly we're putting out new stuff to change the landscape).
That has been on my mind. After nine games I can say with ease that I have my A listers. It might be possible to do power rankings per to the current meta of my own group, but not C3G as a whole. Heck, I still have units that have never seen the battlefield yet, Riddler, Blob, Swamp Thing, and Professor X, just to name a few.

Take a figure like Beast. He has been fielded 3 times and did nothing until last game where we had a few victories and some big moves. To me, he was a D unit and now I would give him around a B.

One way I could do this is to start my own thread with our list the figures we use. My group can rank them initially and simply modify each week per our game play experience. Units that change rank would be highlighted. Green they ranked higher, red the rank lower. I can see pretty heated debates based on our ranks. I think commenting on all our decisions would be the real work. I'll ask my group what they think.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old October 21st, 2020, 04:05 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Lazy has written up some pretty good strategy articles for some units that you might enjoy reading. I don't have a link at the moment, but I know they were released as part of the codex at one point.
I know I've read some of them like Bro'Dee and Sub-Zero, but I know I've missed a few too. Forgot we had those, I'll check them out later!
Old October 21st, 2020, 05:23 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Spoiler: Blob is gross. He’s tough to deal with if you don’t have the right army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
I would looooove to see more strategy talk on here. Maybe a thread where there's a different character to discuss every 2-3 days?
If you wanted to run something like that I would definitely contribute.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 21st, 2020, 06:09 PM

I’d actually love to run that. I’ll get a thread up soon
Old October 21st, 2020, 06:33 PM

Sweet!

Old October 22nd, 2020, 03:28 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Enjoying reading these battle reports. Loved that Bullseye didn't hurt Ozzy. Bullseye's throws might be on target, but Ozzy will just catch whatever is thrown with his bare hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
“Smartest Man in the World” really ruled our order marker placement. It created a new feel for gameplay. Before we started, I thought this power was going to be broken, but it works well with game play and while it is a factor, you can still play around it. It really forces you to try and place markers in such a way that Ozymandias will pick the X . It is really hard to fool him. It really gives you the feel that he is the smartest figure on the board. Only once in the game did Ozymandias not find the X, and I got great satisfaction in fooling him.
Did you mean you were the only one to trick Ozzy into picking the X the only time it happened in the game?
EDIT: Unless you all managed to outsmart Ozzy all but when he took a turn from Grodd, but Ozzy was ruling the board by causing everyone to place OMs in ways they didn't want to.

Smartest man is one of my favorite abilities. Serves so many thematic purposes.
Compels you to place and reveal your X on his card before initiative.
At 5A/5D but no SS or Flying, he's pretty average, or a bit below average against supers.
He does his best work behind the scenes, and you might be better off taking turns with any of your other characters.
So if you must place a Numbered OM on Ozzy + the X to use Smartest Man, which # should you go with? The number matching the number you are most sure the is on the opponent's card you're picking.
That way, the Numbered OM you take away from that player you can place on the card of yours that you'd rather take a turn with, and never have to take a turn with Ozzy that round.

I believe that's the ideal. But it still thematically works when he's up against some of the other smartest men, OM hogs like Professor X and Mr. Fantastic. If all four OMs are on either of those cards, there's a 75% chance you'll take a turn away from Xavier or Reed, although it's more difficult to predict which turn that might be.

I ran some 1v1 games of Ozzy vs Batman (I), and in the 1v1 scenario, Smartest Man also doubles to serve as representing his quickness in movement and combat expertise. Moving and reacting faster than his opponent, setting up one-two combos.
If I pick the 1 and win initiative, Ozzy is taking two turns before Batman can even take a turn.
Spoiler Alert!

Unfortunately for Adrian, Bruce knows a few more Martial Arts, and those Evasive Strike rolls won his way to victory more often than not, even when taking fewer turns.

Last edited by toyhandle; October 22nd, 2020 at 07:52 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 11:11 AM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for catching the typo. You are right. Only once did he find he X.

Your strategy and Batman scenario write up is really cool. I'm sure Ozy will return to my battlefield soon.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Old November 2nd, 2020, 04:59 PM

Last week we reached our 10th game of C3G Heroscape! For this game, I really changed things around. Player 3 was about to get married, so he could not make it. It was just Player 2 and myself. I decided it was time to play a fully thematic 1 on 1 game. We played X-Men vs. the Brotherhood of Mutants, with some Sentinels and angry Civilians mixed in.

Like I do every week, I add 5 more units to our eligible unit pool directly from the “Sortable Index” each time we meet. This time we got Mole Man, Moloids, Skrull Warriors, Absorbing Man, and Doctor Doom. I won last week, so I went to the C3G library and picked Bane. I always love more Batman rouges! With the change in format this week, none of these units could be used, but they are now part of our meta game.

I built a simple board for this game. A nice little 2 player board. My one regret in its design was that I made to many raised single hex spots. It made a few battles drag on a little longer than they should have. See below:

The army size was just over 1600pts. These armies were pre-built, and with heavy Mutant synergy. Here is what the armies were:

Gamerhusband “Player 1” (The Brotherhood of Mutants/Sentinels)

Magneto (I) 310
Mystique (I)165
Blob 165
Avalanche 145
Pyro 120
Toad 95
3x Sentinel 480
3x Civilians 135

Player 2 (The X-Men)

Cyclops (I) 190
Beast 170
Jean Grey 180
Iceman 150
Angel 90
Colossus 260
Wolverine 280
Nightcrawler (I) 140
Professor X 220

Game Play Summary:

As far as round number goes, this game reached a total of 18 rounds. It was only a 1 on 1 game, so it did not take up that much time. The first round started with Player 2 using Professior X to move Colossus and Cyclops. Cyclops is able to use “Optic Blast Special Attack on a group of Civilians. I ended up losing 2 of them. The next two turns, I was able to get a bunch of my Civilians into the center of the board, and surround Cyclops. He had to start taking them out 1 by 1, and this really slowed down his game. With 3 Sentinels in my team, I kept winning initiative rolls. With Cyclops pinned by the Civilians, my Sentinels finished him off quickly. I then get a taste of Nightcrawler’s BAMF for the next few turns. He takes out a lot of Civilians and almost kills Avalanche.

Next few rounds look bad for me. While I am trying to contain Nighcrawler with Pyro, Colossus ends up throwing Beast right into my start zone. Beast uses “Negotiate” on a Sentinel, and is also able to now attack 3 of my mutants, with “Whirlwind Assault”. Beast ends up killing and Sentinel right away. I have to contain Beast fast. I move all my remaining Sentinels back to may start zone and I move up Blob, to lock Beast in place. Luckly my dice get hot with another Sentinel, and I kill Beast. Player 2 is also hitting my Sentinels with Angel and with his luck lands 3 wounds.

We are now at Round 8, and firmly in the mid-game. It is looking like anyone’s game right now. I was able to push back Player 2 out of my start zone, but he is slowly moving up the entire X Men team with the help of Professor X. My goal in the next few rounds is to try and stop the Professor. Player 2 was able to perch Professor X on a high mountain on my side of the board with the help of Angel. I still had one life left on Avalanche, so I moved him up so I could use “Earthquake Special Attack”. He whiffed on the first attempt, but was able to land 2 wounds on the Professor on a later round. His “Outcast Ambush” also really helped me move most of my mutants into a better position. Wolverine now joins that battle by being thrown up into the same mountain next to Professor X. Wolverine then kills another one of my Sentinels. Jean Grey then kills the other Sentinel. I finally start to move out Magneto. He flies over towards the Professor and can just see the top of his shiny bald head. Magneto uses his ranged attack, and kills his old friend Professor X! See picture below of the killing. (Professor X is hard to see I the picture, he is right next to Colossus's back foot)

We are now getting into the endgame. With Professor X gone, Player 2 game is slowing down. He still has Wolverine, which spells trouble. Wolverine moves down and kills Avalanche. Magneto is able to smash Jean Grey with ease. Magneto then moves to a high spot, but is double teamed by Angel and Colossus. They eventually destroy Magneto. I have a nice late game resurgence with Blob running out and killing Angel, followed up by Pyro moving up and killing Colossus. The game ends with Iceman running in and killing Blob. Wolverine then finishes off Toad and Mystique for the win.

It was great to finally play a game of C3G this way. One thing really cool about this game was that there were no real heavy hitters to rule to the board. Magneto was the most expensive figure in this match. He felt very effective and powerful in this game, which is not the case when 400+ units are moving around. It was a blast to be able to use Pyro and Toad a little more effectively too. The X-Men are much more playable as a team than by themselves. Using Professor X to gain additional turns was cool. It also made the game much more tactical because everyone had to move to keep connected with Professor X.

Game Awards:

Hero: Beast
Colossus throws Beast right into the center of my army. I can see Beast charging through the air. He quotes Sun Tzu “Opportunities multiply as they are seized”, and lands on his feet. He quickly “Negotiates” with a Sentinel. He is now clear to attack 3 of my Mutants all at once! I had to call for Sentinel backup! This disrupted my strategy and threw off my game. It was also great to see how effective he is in the X Men team. He really is the perfect unit to literally throw right into the mix.

Zero: Cyclops
Player 1 threw in him into the fight pretty hard. He tried to “Optic Blast” the Civilians, but they surrounded him fast. This allowed a Sentinel to fly over and destroy him.

Splash Page Moment: Magneto Kills Professor X!
An earth shattering event for sure. I see poor Professor X’s wheelchair getting slowly twisted around him and crushing him. His scream reaches across the page. Magneto is smiling through his helmet while the X-Men look on in horror.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Old November 2nd, 2020, 06:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wonderful read.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy