Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old September 15th, 2020, 08:34 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Orc Deep Drummer - Design (Fellowship A)

I agree with you that "Orc Luck Enhancement" isn't great.

I like "Doom, Boom" if this power was going to be specific to just this card; my concern is that this is a power we may end up wanting to re-use for future orc heroes (common Mordor orc maybe?), and if so the name won't fit great for future times.

What about something like one of these options:
  • Orc Leadership Enhancement
  • Orc Order Enhancement

Seems like a lot of classic cards have similar powers under the name "X Enhancement". Usually these refer to the specific power it's boosting the d20 on (like "Frenzy Enhancement"), but we could make it more general here while keeping the theme that "Enhancement" is an effect on the d20.
Old September 16th, 2020, 10:44 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't see us adding another "for each common hero with this name in your army, add +1 to d20 rolls" power. I do see us adding a similar power to unique heroes.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 16th, 2020, 11:50 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's fair; I couldn't think of a comparable example to this in classic 'scape where it's affecting the given common hero slightly differently than it would for a unique or uncommon hero.

Another option is "Orc Supremacy", similar to Su-Bak-Na's D20 boost (called "Hive Supremacy"). Primary benefit is just re-usability.

I'm not fundamentally opposed to "Doom, Boom", I just think it would be easier to have a name that we can re-use on later cards easier. I guess I view the "this affects this common card" as more of an add-on than the core aspect of the power.
Old September 16th, 2020, 04:00 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The wording will be different on a Unique Hero. So the power is only "reusable" for another instance where it is +1 per common figure and those common figures are also affected.

--
--
--

--
Old September 16th, 2020, 04:04 PM

Ok, in that case I'm fine with calling the power "Doom, Boom".
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:45 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Doom, Boom is a name that inherently sounds more Orcish to me so I favor it for that reason. Also, if you want to reuse Doom, Boom on a different figure I think it'd be completely fine and could be iconic for another "drummer" or "war music" type of character. I for one would love getting into this project, using the drummer to great effect and then seeing another figure come out with Doom, Boom.

Just seems like a win for me no matter what happens.
Old September 17th, 2020, 12:22 PM

Cool. @Chris Perkins can you update the OP with Doom, Boom?

To keep things a little more fair (because Shiftrex was doing *all* of them before) should we say that the owner of the OP is the one who starts the editing checklist rolling?

--
--
--

--
Old September 17th, 2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Cool. @Chris Perkins can you update the OP with Doom, Boom?

To keep things a little more fair (because Shiftrex was doing *all* of them before) should we say that the owner of the OP is the one who starts the editing checklist rolling?
OP Updated.

I think your suggestion for editing checklist ownership is a good one. I'll probably have some time tonight to get it started.
Old September 17th, 2020, 10:54 PM

Starting the checklist here:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Chris Perkins; September 24th, 2020 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Finished Checklist
Old September 17th, 2020, 10:58 PM

That checklist is quite helpful. I got all the way to #6 before running into an issue lol.

For this question: "6. Do any of the powers unintentionally synergize with other players' units?"
I'm pretty sure it does at present. "Drums in the Deep" says you can move any unengaged orc squad figures - seems to include opponents. So a 20 would let you lava dunk 12 of your opponents commons

Guessing this is not what any of us intended; but we do need to decide if it should be:
1) "you may move up to 4 unengaged Orc Squad figures you control 3 spaces each."
or
2) "you may move up to 4 friendly unengaged Orc Squad figures 3 spaces each."
Old September 18th, 2020, 09:53 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Friendly would probably constitute the least amount of words while being legal. That's hilarious that we created a dunk machine. Good catch.
Old September 21st, 2020, 08:12 AM

Let's go with "you control"

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs