Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old July 29th, 2020, 03:36 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 3 until 8/2

Ok, I think I understand. I was reading that people were saying that you could move, for example, the bugbear without retreating. So what you are saying is that you must retreat and disengage everyone, but if none are engaged, you still can trigger the bonding. If you have 5 engaged at the end of the goblin turn, you cannot retreat them all, so will still lose the bonding opportunity.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old July 29th, 2020, 05:28 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 3 until 8/2

Sir Heroscape and I play tonight at 8pm CT. Armies tbd
Old July 31st, 2020, 10:48 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 3 until 8/9

I had at least one person request an extension due to the Online Con Events, so I have pushed the Round 3 deadline back 1 week. It would be appreciated though if those with incomplete games would try to get them in as early as reasonable. Thanks

And if you don't plan on continuing please let me know and I can make alternate arrangements. Thanks everyone

@vegietarian18 @Tankyteemo @capsocrates @Kinseth @lefton4ya @Son of Arathorn @DomPredator77 @heroscaper2010
Old July 31st, 2020, 02:54 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I had to cancel our scheduled game last night due to work (sorry lefton4ya). We’re currently working out a new date/time and still intend to play the game.
Old August 1st, 2020, 12:59 AM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Point Total: 500 Points
Map: Desperado
Glyphs: Yngvild, Ulaniva

Player 1 - Army: BodaciousBlood: Cathar x3, Raymond, Motley Max, Marro Warriors
Player 2 - Army: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Bashers x2, Koggo, Raelin (RotV)

Which units survived?
2 Cathar, 4 Marro Warriors, Full life Raymond

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)

This was a fun game. Wumpis played the goblins in a very solid way. In the start of the game, I was rolling very poorly on the braced spears. That lead to my first squad of cathar being wiped pretty quickly. The Raelin-backed slashers were really quite cool. Attacking out and then retreating back to the aura of Raelin. Koggo even had some time in the limelight this game. With height and Ulaniva he was rolling 4 dice and was picking off my spearmen quite efficiently. I thought the game was gonna be over fast. Until Motley Max happened…

Turn one with Max, he failed everything. Failed a chain grab on Raelin. Succeeded a chain grab on a goblin, but failed both the engagement strike and the braced spears. However, on the next round, Max went crazy. He succeeded on a pull of Raelin and yoinked her between two spears. Succeeded the Engagement strike and one spear, then killed her with a glyph-boosted attack. The next turn he killed Koggo and some goblins. By this point, he had earned his points and, along with the Cathar, cleared a large portion of the board. Completely flipped the game in my favor. 

It came down to a 2 life basher and a full life basher against my Marro Warriors, 2 spears, and a full life Raelin. Boosted by Ulaniva, the MWs quickly finished off his bashers to secure the game. 

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Max was the turning point in this match. He successfully killed his points worth of figures and took out key figures like Raelin and Koggo. He was successful for 4/5 chain grabs. Every critical chain grab was a success. He succeeded only 2/7 engagement strikes and 2/4 when pulling figures into braced spears. And his high attack did work killing Raelin, Koggo, and a goblin.

The game would have been much different if my braced spears were landing… Probably went 5/25 on braced spears. But we are not testing the Cathar haha.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)? Please comment on all units playted with/against

Max is a fun, thematic figure that I am coming to understand more and more. He is a juggernaut. Meant to muck up an opponent’s pod and target key figures. He is a very effective Raelin assassin. He and the Cathar are a powerful duo.

I was very surprised by Koggo’s performance. He was pretty worthless in my first game against the goblins. But this game, he probably did about 100 points of damage against my Cathar. 

Bashers seem a bit underpriced for all their great powers. But not by much. And I’m no expert. They are just so strong.
Old August 2nd, 2020, 08:54 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
KoS Round 3

Point Total: 500 Points
Map: Desperado
Glyphs: Yngvild, Ulaniva

Sir Heroscape Army: Knights of Weston x3, Axentia, Thorgrim, Eldgrim
Knight of Scape Army: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors

Note, we played with the new changes to Axentia.

This game was mostly just another demonstration that Marro Warriors are amazing, particularly when they are boosted by an attack glyph. Sir Heroscape's defense dice were just not cooperating, and over the course of the game I rolled almost twice as many shields as him, despite rolling fewer total defense dice.

I led out with Children and Agga in the first two rounds to set up a screen and claim the glyphs, while Sir Heroscape massed his knights on the road. After that I put all of my OMs on Marro Warriors for the next three rounds, and they singlehandedly killed Thorgrim, Eldgrim, all of the knights, and Axentia's first life. I got particularly lucky rolls to repeatedly snipe the knights that Sir Heroscape sent towards the unique attack glyph, even though they were on height and not next to any Children. In general, the children were a pretty useful screen, since any knights trying to cut through them got their defense reduced against the MW.

Axentia managed to do alright, killing a couple of MW, a couple of children, and giving Agga four wounds. By the time she started moving, though, I had lost a total of like 4 children with no wounds on Agga, so the battle was basically over already.

Agga-Zemir attempted Spreading madness three times, once in round 2 to shift an OM from the knights to Thorgrim (which perhaps encouraged Thorgrim to run in and engage Children, which let me shoot him more easily) once in the second to last round to remove an OM from Axentia, and once in the last round where he failed to hit 7, even with a re-roll. Agga never actually moved after the first round, and just sat on a hill screened by Children.

Axentia succeeded on 3/10 immolation rolls, killing a Child and a MW and putting a wound on herself. Phoenix Rising put a wound on Agga and killed a child. It also caused one of my MWs to waste his attack, since Agga was the only figure left and she was going to full heal after this turn. I feel like having 6 life makes her a bit less intimidating to take down twice, so I'm happy with the small tweak. I still think the idea of boosting her with Thorgrim and Eldgrim is interesting, although since I was able to keep her surrounded with Children in the endgame, she was only rolling 2 defense dice.

Overall, I feel like neither of the playtested units were that significant to this matchup.
Old August 2nd, 2020, 08:56 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

@DomPredator77 and I are playing on Thursday at 12:30pm EST in case anyone wants to watch the 0-2 showdown. Unfortunately it's the best we could work out after Online Con this past weekend but I, for one, am happy to be back on the more casual side of things.
Old August 2nd, 2020, 09:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
@DomPredator77 and I are playing on Thursday at 12:30pm EST in case anyone wants to watch the 0-2 showdown. Unfortunately it's the best we could work out after Online Con this past weekend but I, for one, am happy to be back on the more casual side of things.
An 0-2 showdown? You, sir, are a player after my own heart. Many, many thanks to you, and to all of you, for pitching in here. Every test helps!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 5th, 2020, 07:23 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
An 0-2 showdown? You, sir, are a player after my own heart. Many, many thanks to you, and to all of you, for pitching in here. Every test helps!
I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many of the players when I say it's our pleasure. Love being able to play new units and help you all get quality feedback along the way. Thank you all for all of the work you guys put in to ensuring authentically integrated custom HeroSape!

I will be playing the Native army and DomPredator will be playing the Insects/Cyprien.
Old August 6th, 2020, 04:15 PM

wumpis is surprisingly tart

Points 500
Map desperado
Glyphs ulanvia and disengage
Armies 5 squads of slashers, 2 bugbear badgers, koggo and Raelin(RotV) vs. 3 squads of cathar, motley max, count Raymond and the marro warriors.

This was a very offensive game because neither of us could roll defense to save our lives. It started out with both of us going for the middle. However with the help of my raelin and koggo I was able to take the middle and kill his first squad of cathar quickly with only losing a goblin. For a while after that it was mostly me holding the middle, it was looking great for me until max happened. He had one bad turn but after that he was a wrecking ball. He almost by him self destroyed my whole attacking force by killing my raelin and a bunch of goblins. At this point koggo was stranded and quickly dispatched. Now he had taken control of the high ground and glyphs and even after I made a slight comeback by killing max with a basher I couldn’t take back the center without a raelin. I had a few good turns but from the attack of max until the end of the game he just slowly whittled away my army until I lost.

Overall here is what I though, I think the goblins are an excellent army because they actually put up a good fight against their counter. I love how they can attack and retreat because it is very good and also very thematic. I think the bashers may be a bit too powerful, I think by lowering their life to 3 it may be better. Also I think the bash ability may be a lot cooler and even possibly more thematic, at least through my eyes, if you get the extra two if you moved adjacent to that figure. I think max is a really cool hero and a great raelin killer. If I were to change anything I might add one to his defense and raise his points a bit because he took damage way to quickly and was almost killed in the first round I attacked him. Koggo was awesome this game filling twice his points. I really like home because he is just so fun to play and also very thematic. I don’t think he needs changing at all.

Last edited by wumpis; August 6th, 2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Have more to add
Old August 6th, 2020, 05:24 PM

DomPredator and I played our game out this afternoon.

We both slow rolled our armies bringing out as many reinforcements as possible. The Bees were expectedly faster in deployment and forced the battle to my half of the map. The Bees SA was hot and the Natives were slow to shoot them down. Both Tribesmen fell to the Bees quickly and maybe only got a couple attacks off each with little success. The Bees rolled for Frenzy at least a dozen times all without success as well. The turning point in the game came when the Queen took a leaving engagement attack to get into my SZ and line up attacks on a couple Mohicans with the Protectors. A successful leaving engagement attack and some follow up attacks with the Makwa finally brought down what had been an impossible to kill queen (multiple 2 skull attacks blocked). From there i cleaned up the Bees before Cyprien came out. He took 3-4 turns, all of which failed Chilling Touch and he whiffed 3 attacks as well. Not a good combo while take multiple wounds a turn to finish the game.

All in all I won with a squad of Mohicans and a squad of Makwa left. Not much to note on the Tribesmen since they fell so quickly without rolling successfully for Shield. The Bees and Queen I've played quite a bit. More successful d20 rolls on Frenzy might've kept them in the game it wasn't so.
Old August 6th, 2020, 10:38 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Childen of the Darkstar led me to a blowout win tonight vs. TankyTeemo. I won with only 3 wounds taken to Agga, 3 Children and 2 Marro Warriors dead.

I had:
Children of the Dark Star x5, Marro Warriors, Agga-Zemir

Teemo had:
Bees x5, Amberhive Protector, Major Q10

I opened with Marro Warriors quite honestly because I was finishing some stuff up and didn't have time to pull up the cards for the playtest figures and see how they worked lol. Also there was Ulvania, but they never got it. Marro Warriors struggled to find space against the very fast bees but managed some kills. Two bees sacrificed themselves into Marro Warriors too, and the bees were drawn out all the way across the board into my startzone. Then I switched over to Agga and his Kiddos. The Kiddos dominated the game. The first six or so bees died and Teemo just didn't have the numbers to do their self-sacrifice into 15 Children, he'd lose in attrition. Their attacks of 1 were futile against 3 defense Children too though. Eventually I punched through the second wave of bees and surrounded Q10 with Children. He took a triple disengage to try to finish off Agga but couldn't bring him down. The Children got a couple wounds on him then Agga came in and finished him off.

Children of the Dark Star- These guys felt awesome to me. They blow Death Knights of Valkrill out of the water, Death Knights get two attacks of 2 with -2 defense and one bond, these guys get 5 attacks of -2 for the same price. Yes they can only do 5 twice per round, but it's fine, 5 is so much. Once I figured out what I was doing I was going OM1 OM2 Children, OM3 Agga even though that significantly neuters his Spreading Madness, I just didn't even care about that power I wanted the 10 attacks with the Children as soon as possible.

Agga-Zemir- Basically a big tank that flies around and takes hits when necessary but is mostly there to give the Kiddos their 5 attacks. I never used spreading Madness to any effect this game, hit it once but it was on the X and failed it again another time. I forgot to use Approaching Doom many times but it's a good power to keep him safe with on OMs with the Children. He has great stats, basically a mini Charos (5 life instead of 9 life).

Amberhive Bees- Man these guys felt weak. They have two bad options, take attacks of 1 or take an attack of 4 to kill themselves if it does anything. I think they are really bad, like D tier. They have no range, you can just refuse to give them height advantage until you first strike them and their fast move doesn't matter. Attacking 6 times doesn't really matter if you're throwing less than 10 total attack dice on the turn. Their suicide power is not great either, the only figure with a comparable suicide power is the Deathstrike Thrall and he can come back from the dead. I think they need +1 attack to be usable.

Amberhive Queen- felt a little bit better but hard to judge when she's playing with the bad bugs. I could see her being a little bit better with better bugs but she doesn't bond with the better bugs. But her frenzy is more useful for those since they have more than 1 attack. I don't really have any thoughts on her really.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting