Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old April 25th, 2019, 08:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I would love to see one (just one) event that allows C3V and SoV customs during the day time.
In favor of this argument, and I know I discussed the other side of it, above, is that most local tournaments around the country allow C3V and SoV. I think it might be fair to say that a daytime slot is far more likely to attract attendees than a nighttime "open" slot.

But my guess is that events are already submitted, so I suspect this ship has sailed.

Looks like I'm probably coming back this year. And looking forward to it!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 25th, 2019, 09:22 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

But my guess is that events are already submitted, so I suspect this ship has sailed.

Looks like I'm probably coming back this year. And looking forward to it!
The ship sails in January!

Glad to have you back!
Old April 25th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, I do like my Scape, but the reason I come back is to see friends like you, old man. Fingers crossed!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 30th, 2019, 12:41 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If I remember right from last year, someone told me map setup usually takes place on Wednesday and extra volunteers are helpful. If that's correct, around what time?

I should be able to be around to help with map setup, depending on the exact time.
Old April 30th, 2019, 02:38 PM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
If I remember right from last year, someone told me map setup usually takes place on Wednesday and extra volunteers are helpful. If that's correct, around what time?

I should be able to be around to help with map setup, depending on the exact time.
Chris - within the next couple weeks Gencon will finalize our events and I'll post them in here.

Once that is done we will start reaching out to folks for help with things like map setup on Wednesday. Thank you for offering!
Old May 3rd, 2019, 10:16 AM

The events have all been approved and are now posted in this THREAD.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 12:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Woah, really surprised to see a C3G event. I will do whatever I can to help out with figures and cards.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 01:32 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yeah - maybe have some 1000-point C3G armies available for people to borrow as I am sure people would play if you did. Also the Assassin's Creed & Speed Scape look cool so if I went and din't make day to not sure which I would do. Same with Take 2 and Heat of the Battle:Unique, as both formats have been clamored for at Gencon.

I noticed there is a Thursday open play at 8pm but no open play Friday or Saturday night - I am guessing because attendance was low last year and people are scaped out by that point. But hypothetically could we have ticketed (or free) off-books event Fri or sat night and use the maps? Also noticed max attendance at one time is 52 (26 maps) which is lower than previous 72, which is sad to see attendance dwindle.

Probably @dok will chime in but is anyone doing a C3V tournament during that open play? Also would anyone be interested in a Magic:Arena Tournament one night at 8pm or even as an alternative on Saturday at Noon (after Speed Scape event ends) or 3pm?

BTW, I am 50/50 right now, as it is right before my finals of my last MBA class.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 01:54 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

I noticed there is a Thursday open play at 8pm but no open play Friday or Saturday night - I am guessing because attendance was low last year and people are scaped out by that point. But hypothetically could we have ticketed (or free) off-books event Fri or sat night and use the maps? Also noticed max attendance at one time is 52 (26 maps) which is lower than previous 72, which is sad to see attendance dwindle.

Also would anyone be interested in a Magic:Arena Tournament one night at 8pm or even as an alternative on Saturday at Noon (after Speed Scape event ends) or 3pm?
No, no you cannot play random events during random times. Yes, you can play scheduled events during scheduled times.

This is not your friend's basement. It is an organized series of events.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 3rd, 2019, 01:59 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Customs, for the 42nd time, are more than welcome to be played at one of the open play events and we even encourage you to run an event at that time frame if you wish.
I know that VC is allowed in the Open Play events, but I think that a bigger C3V/SoV-inclusive event could also be pretty interesting. The units are balanced enough to lend themselves to a tournament structure in my opinion, and only lumping them in with all kinds of customs makes it more difficult to get in normal matches with them (nothing against other customs, of course, but I think that many have different goals than the VC ones do). Much like C3G is deserving of its own event, I'd argue that C3V/SoV is as well.

That said, I also don't know how the attendance would be because I've only been to a single GenCon before, and I can see the argument being made that C3G represents SuperheroScape whereas VC extends the classic game and thus can more easily be slotted into other events... But if there's ever a C3V/SoV event, I'd definitely want to participate.
And my response will continue to be, run whatever 3 letter custom event that you want during an open play slot. Megasilver and my bff dok have done it several times in the past and I believe they have gone ok overall.

We certainly encourage you guys to take advantage of the time we have available for you to run those sort of events.
If that’s how you feel, then would you mind explaining why C3G got its own “official” event? How is it any less “customy” than C3V/SoV?
There was a guy in charge for a few years, which I was thankful for at the time because I needed a break, and he let it in without discussing it with others. He is no longer on the committee at this time. And that’s where I’m going to leave that discussion.
————

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Woah, really surprised to see a C3G event. I will do whatever I can to help out with figures and cards.
Based off of the previous discussion quoted above, this is verrry interesting...

Apparently organizers are still biased against the most prestigious “3-letter” (as Maccabaeus puts it) custom project this community has seen. Just simply mind-boggling and so bizarre to me, especially since it was eluded to that the guy who added a customs event last time was removed as an organizer for it lol.

Maybe one day C3V/SoV will get the love they deserve [at the biggest gaming event for scapers]...one can only hope.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 3rd, 2019, 02:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It's much too late for anything to change this year, I'm pretty sure.

If you want to promote C3V/SoV chances for the future, get people to show up for an open play event this year.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 02:16 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[quote=Sir Heroscape;2277731]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Customs, for the 42nd time, are more than welcome to be played at one of the open play events and we even encourage you to run an event at that time frame if you wish.
I know that VC is allowed in the Open Play events, but I think that a bigger C3V/SoV-inclusive event could also be pretty interesting. The units are balanced enough to lend themselves to a tournament structure in my opinion, and only lumping them in with all kinds of customs makes it more difficult to get in normal matches with them (nothing against other customs, of course, but I think that many have different goals than the VC ones do). Much like C3G is deserving of its own event, I'd argue that C3V/SoV is as well.

That said, I also don't know how the attendance would be because I've only been to a single GenCon before, and I can see the argument being made that C3G represents SuperheroScape whereas VC extends the classic game and thus can more easily be slotted into other events... But if there's ever a C3V/SoV event, I'd definitely want to participate.
And my response will continue to be, run whatever 3 letter custom event that you want during an open play slot. Megasilver and my bff dok have done it several times in the past and I believe they have gone ok overall.

We certainly encourage you guys to take advantage of the time we have available for you to run those sort of events.
If that’s how you feel, then would you mind explaining why C3G got its own “official” event? How is it any less “customy” than C3V/SoV?
There was a guy in charge for a few years, which I was thankful for at the time because I needed a break, and he let it in without discussing it with others. He is no longer on the committee at this time. And that’s where I’m going to leave that discussion.
————

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Based off of the previous discussion quoted above, this is verrry interesting...

Apparently organizers are still biased against the most prestigious “3-letter” (as Maccabaeus puts it) custom project this community has seen. Just simply mind-boggling and so bizarre to me, especially since it was eluded to that the guy who added a customs event last time was removed as an organizer for it lol.
This is not an accurate statement.

Quote:
Maybe one day C3V/SoV will get the love they deserve [at the biggest gaming event for scapers]...one can only hope.
Not likely. Because...reasons.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con