Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 7th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Tome of Lillian Eira

The Tome of Lillian Eira

Custom Set Eleven
The Winter Witch

(Card by @DanieLoche )
Homeworld: Grymwold

The figure used for this unit is a Reaper figure from the Pathfinder line.
Its model number and name are 60149 Winter Witch.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses

Spoiler Alert!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; March 30th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old January 7th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - The Winter Witch

@Dr.Goomonkey Yup, indeed those are the blanks I use with MSE to make the army cards, that's why they are totally blank. ^^ Also because it allows more flexibility for those who want to use them.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 13th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - The Maneater

The beast described by Ctesias in his Indian history, which he says is called martichoras by the Indians and "man-eater" [androphagos] by the Greeks, I am inclined to think is the tiger. But that it has three rows of teeth along each jaw and spikes at the tip of its tail with which it defends itself at close quarters, while it hurls them like an archer's arrows at more distant enemies; all this is, I think, a false story that the Indians pass on from one to another owing to their excessive dread of the beast.
— Pausinias, Description, 9.21.4

Okay, here's my entry for the December custom contest! One thing I would like to say is that, while Akul sounds like it could be just a generic sounding evil monster name I came up with, it actually isn't - it's a Persian word meaning 'A great eater, devourer, glutton.' Since the manticore was a Persian creature known for devouring its prey whole, it seemed apropriate.
I'll probably put up his Tome some point next week.

Custom Set Twelve: The Maneater
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 16th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Hard as ice

@Dr.Goomonkey , would you mind doing me a massive favour? I've been playing the Myji Coven a bit recently, and I've discovered that they're quite significantly stronger than initial playtesting would seem to indicate - would you mind tweaking their card to up their cost to 110?
Thank you.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 16th, 2018, 05:22 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Geez, do you think I'm just made of time to make custom cards? I thought I was explicit with my username that I'm made of goo.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 16th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Geez, do you think I'm just made of time to make custom cards? I thought I was explicit with my username that I'm made of goo.

Thank'e chap! Super quick, too - thanks!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 17th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Hard as ice

Re: The Tome of Akul

The Tome of Akul

Custom Set Twelve
The Maneater

(Card by @DanieLoche )
Homeworld: Feylund

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Icons of the Realms: Monster Menagerie set.
Its model number and name are #41/45 Manticore.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; January 17th, 2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:27 AM

Dragnaxx32 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I've been wondering: how did you rebase the manticore for Akul, seeing as there is a flight stand on the official miniature?
Old January 25th, 2018, 04:21 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnaxx32 View Post
I've been wondering: how did you rebase the manticore for Akul, seeing as there is a flight stand on the official miniature?
I'll answer that once I actually have the figure and have rebased him. This chap was done for a contest, so I didn't have time to wait for such luxuries. I can tell you, though, that I tested him as being double spaced, and I will probably keep the flying stand as I like them.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 23rd, 2018, 10:41 AM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Fiends of Folklore

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

I haven't updated this thread for a while now... Well, it turns out there was a reason for that. I wanted to save my thirteenth update for something fitting... namely, this seasonal set. For nine days, beginning now and culminating, obviously, on the 31st, I would like to unveil a unit a day, a couple of which have been shown on the site before, but the rest have not. So, without further ado, let's get started with:

Custom Set Thirteen: Fiends of Folklore

Let's start with a
Penanggalan Penanggalan
- because I don't know about you, but I feel that Heroscape may be lacking in Malaysian influence. These are terrifying, vampiric creatures from Southeast Asian folklore, and once I'd found the Pathfinder figure for one and discovered what they were, I knew I'd love to see one in the game - and here she is:

Card by @mac122

Bio.
Spoiler Alert!

~Lazy Orang, making a start, and also making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the Homeworld, which is Grymwold - everyone in this set is from Grymwold. Also making acknowledgement to @Scytale for the species of Horror - I don't have any of his Horrors yet, but I hope to someday, and it seemed the most fitting species here.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 23rd, 2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 09:41 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

Card by @mac122
This design is interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of the way that the abilities are divided here. Penanggalan Hunger seems like two very different powers (with separate--albeit similar--activation conditions), which makes me feel like they should be separated. In this case, I actually feel like giving the unit four powers would make it easier to understand, although that's entirely a criticism of the presentation of the unit and not the design itself.
Old October 24th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
This design is interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of the way that the abilities are divided here. Penanggalan Hunger seems like two very different powers (with separate--albeit similar--activation conditions), which makes me feel like they should be separated. In this case, I actually feel like giving the unit four powers would make it easier to understand, although that's entirely a criticism of the presentation of the unit and not the design itself.
Thanks for taking the time to comment, chap! I can certainly see where you're coming from - my personal design philosophy is that, if the different effects of a power have a through-line for the character, whether thematic or mechanical, it's reasonable to keep them together. That being said, I can certainly see that it may be preferable to separate them here, and I would probably do so, but it doesn't matter enough to me either way to bother mac122 about it after he's so kindly made me the original - I've already asked him for a couple of edits to cards recently, don't want to push my luck.
Speaking of four power cards:

"If we don't end war, war will end us."

― H.G. Wells

This is one you may have seen before - the Jubokko, created for @Dr.Goomonkey 's Spring Custom Competition. The theme was 'tree-man', but I wanted to go for something a little more left-field (plus, as I one day wish to include a full set of LotR customs in the game, the idea of ersatz Ents when I hope to have the genuine article didn't really appeal). Looking up tree-creatures, I came across the Jubokko, a Japanese yokai, a tree that has been present at the sight of a horrific massacre and whose roots have developed a taste for blood.

I'm pretty happy with these guys as weird little filler units. The thing I'm least certain of is the call out of the Perceptive personality - there are no Perceptive units in Classic, and though I like taking Mixedscape into account, there aren't many Perceptive units in C3G either and it's a slightly odd selection. Still, it's a thematic nod that helps tell you why you can't target them unless you're near them - they look like normal trees, and you have to be close to them to spot the tell-tale signs they aren't.

Cards by @mac122

Bio (mostly taken from Yokai wiki):
Spoiler Alert!

~Lazy Orang, making acknowledgement to @Soundwarp SG-1 for the General and the Homeworld. I'll be posting something new (as in, hasn't been shown here before) tomorrow!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 24th, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards