Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old December 5th, 2017, 09:27 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Heroscape Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankyteemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
ATTENTION HEROSCAPERS. The Tabletop simulator mod still requires your help, we now have access to at least one model from every army card for everything except for Tagawa Samurai Archers and Shades of Bleakewood.

In order for us to make models for these we need scans of these models using the free Recap 360 software from Autodesk, which can convert a series of photos of a model (taken from multiple angles) into a fully textured 3D model. The process is quite simple once you've got setup requiring a standard digital camera (or smartphone). We can provide full instructions on scanning models for anyone wishing to try.
I have access to the samuri archers and shades if you still need them done. I would need the full instructions however.
You may have an easier time getting involved in the project by going to the main Workshop page. Dissonance has always replied to me within a few days there.
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:31 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
ATTENTION HEROSCAPERS. The Tabletop simulator mod still requires your help, we now have access to at least one model from every army card for everything except for Tagawa Samurai Archers and Shades of Bleakewood.

In order for us to make models for these we need scans of these models using the free Recap 360 software from Autodesk, which can convert a series of photos of a model (taken from multiple angles) into a fully textured 3D model. The process is quite simple once you've got setup requiring a standard digital camera (or smartphone). We can provide full instructions on scanning models for anyone wishing to try.
I have access to the samuri archers and shades if you still need them done. I would need the full instructions however.
You may have an easier time getting involved in the project by going to the main Workshop page. Dissonance has always replied to me within a few days there.
Thanks for the tip. I don't own tabletop simulator, but I wouldn't mind helping out as it seems like something that would interest me in the future.
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:44 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the tip. I don't own tabletop simulator, but I wouldn't mind helping out as it seems like something that would interest me in the future.
No problem! I hope that you find everything that you're looking for!
Old December 6th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've had TS for about a week and I highly recommend it

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 6th, 2017, 11:15 AM

I agree. The game has a lot of use outside of just HeroScape, too, since just about every game that I could think of is at least available as a WorkShop mod. It doesn't seem like the game will be particularly fun to play without friends, but if you can find a few other people to play with, then you're sure to have a blast.

The HeroScape map creation process is a bit finicky, though. I think it's easier to just download the community maps than go through the trouble of carefully placing everything just to have a rogue physics update cause your ladders to slide into your castle.
Old December 6th, 2017, 11:19 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I agree. The game has a lot of use outside of just HeroScape, too, since just about every game that I could think of is at least available as a WorkShop mod. It doesn't seem like the game will be particularly fun to play without friends, but if you can find a few other people to play with, then you're sure to have a blast.

The HeroScape map creation process is a bit finicky, though. I think it's easier to just download the community maps than go through the trouble of carefully placing everything just to have a rogue physics update cause your ladders to slide into your castle.
Interesting about map making. I haven't delved into that yet.
However, solo HS is quite fun. At least to me. Being a custom maker, it helps out also.

Old December 6th, 2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:

Interesting about map making. I haven't delved into that yet.
However, solo HS is quite fun. At least to me. Being a custom maker, it helps out also.
Fair point. I have spent most of my hours with the game just messing around with maps uninhibited by my collection of terrain, and it's nice to have access to all figures without committing financial suicide. I do think that it's always more fun to have some other players around, though.

I may be a little jaded about the mapmaking after attempting to make a castle, but it was a welcome relief to go back to my physical pieces when designing my most recent map. Trying to make the tiles float in the air as part of a roof or balance on top of a stack was an absolute nightmare, since the mod understandably does not have any interlocking sides to the tiles.

For simpler maps, it shouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't count on being able to build whatever you'd like in Tabletop Simulator.
Old December 8th, 2017, 05:44 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

Sorry, missed this discussion, yes we still need a few scans, the list of missing models is kept here. Guzma has done many scans and should be able to provide some advice on using Recap 360.

On the subject of map making have you tried using the gizmo tool to move pieces around independently of gravity then locking them in place?
Old December 8th, 2017, 07:34 PM

I began using the gizmo tool whenever I was trying to build a castle with a roof, since you can often just link a single-hex castle piece into three supported pieces and it won't fall. Unfortunately, without the links, the gizmo tool seems to be the only way of doing this, and it is not nearly as fluid for building maps, especially on a larger scale.

It's difficult to get things to line up just right, and if I remember correctly, locking an object also makes it harder for you to select what you're looking for, making it more difficult to move objects en masse. It can certainly work, but it seems to take much more time and effort than any of the other processes.

I've also had some inexplicable glitches with locked objects and ladders, although I believe this is likely just Tabletop Simulator's physics engine. For some reason, I could only drop ladders next to a locked pillar facing one direction, and if I dropped them on a pillar facing the other way, they would slide into the pillar and then explode outward, knocking other items over.

Thankfully, these issues were only present when I was building castle maps, though, and there are a plethora of community-made maps that can also be downloaded for quick access. I'm sure that the above issues can be circumvented with more time and practice in Tabletop Simulator, but I currently lack both of those.
Old March 4th, 2018, 04:27 AM

My dilemma

I'd love a "custom figurine" that comes with Tabletop simulator for each HS Height bracket, including double hex.

in the picture, the yellow-tinted DW is a proxy for a troll. to the left is a size appropriate troll with a terribly large base; to the right is a size appropriate base with a goblin sized troll 'figure.'

even if import largest picture ever, TS scales it down to fit the rectangle of "custom figurine" I assume the answer is then to change the size of the rectangle that art imports onto - but I don't know how to do that. I imagine double spaced to be even worse.

Old March 21st, 2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post

My dilemma

I'd love a "custom figurine" that comes with Tabletop simulator for each HS Height bracket, including double hex.

in the picture, the yellow-tinted DW is a proxy for a troll. to the left is a size appropriate troll with a terribly large base; to the right is a size appropriate base with a goblin sized troll 'figure.'

even if import largest picture ever, TS scales it down to fit the rectangle of "custom figurine" I assume the answer is then to change the size of the rectangle that art imports onto - but I don't know how to do that. I imagine double spaced to be even worse.
Solved: In tools, there are more scaling options.

What I request next is a downloadable two-hex "custom figurine"

Old May 29th, 2018, 12:05 AM

Glyphs given in the mod aren't customizable like Army Cards; any hints/tips on creating new Glyphs?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software