Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape
No thanks, the unpainted figures would bug me. 8 13.79%
Yes, but only if they stay Planeswalkers - the characters are too iconic to retheme. 4 6.90%
Yes, but only if the Planeswalkers are rethemed as generic fantasy figures. 38 65.52%
None of the above. (Please post an explanation below.) 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 19th, 2017, 08:42 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape?

Since it's been pretty clear for a while now that Hasbro's Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers game will no longer be supported by the company, some of us in Valhalla Customs were wondering how the public felt about the potential use of these minis in Heroscape. We appreciate any input you all can provide. Thanks!
Old November 19th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape?

I like the idea of using them. Our own NYC group would certainly benefit from it since chas has all the figures. U also like the idea of staying true to their powers.

Old November 19th, 2017, 10:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

My take, in short: I like Magic: the Gathering fine, but have zero interest in seeing the license brought to Heroscape proper. If the figures are good enough to use, I'd be much more excited to see what unique Heroscape designs can be made.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 19th, 2017, 11:16 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The first option has me a bit confused. I assumed you meant use of the prepainted miniatures only. You aren't really considering use of the unpainted ones, are you?

As far as using the prepainted miniatures... yes please. Already own all of them. Don't care about MTG. Want to see them turned into unique Heroscape characters.
Old November 19th, 2017, 11:40 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I was always surprised that this hadn't happened already. Those are some good miniatures that were literally designed for the same style of board, so it only seemed natural that we'd see some customs for it. I'd imagine that many more users here have access to those figures as well, which would be another bonus.

The unpainted minis are a bit of an eyesore to me (and I lack any painting skills to remedy that), but so long as they're well-designed/balanced units, I don't really care. There can always be some lore-reason to explain any monochromism present, such as the monsters being made of clay or something.

As for Magic: The Gathering lore, I really don't care about it at all. I can't name a single Planeswalker, so I'd be perfectly fine with retheming the Planeswalkers to fit HeroScape better. It'd probably free up some creative liberty for the designers to not force them to follow existing character themes or abilitites, which is never a bad thing in my opinion.
Old November 20th, 2017, 12:50 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'd also personally consider the unpainted ones mostly unsuitable for C3V, but would love to see the heroes done as similarly-themed generic fantasy characters.

That being said, I'd probably end up painting a lot of the unpainted figures and using them as my own customs, but you can't expect that in C3V.
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:11 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't mind if any of the figures are used, regardless of paint. I also don't mind if the Planeswalkers stay Planeswalkers, or become generic fantasy.

Seems that two more voting options would be useful:
- Yes, but only the painted figures.
- Yes, and I don't care whether they are generic or not.
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:50 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
so long as they're well-designed/balanced units, I don't really care. There can always be some lore-reason to explain any monochromism present, such as the monsters being made of clay or something.
I trust C3V to be able to exactly that. The transparent blue figures are easily illusions or water elementals, likewise the transparent red figures are clearly made of fire. Monochromatic green treefolk wouldn't bother me at all, neither would animated porcelain rhino or kyrie statues, or plain purple alien things.

That gives us seven designs from Innistrad (six heroes and a squad), eleven from the base set (five heroes and six squads), and four from Zendikar (three heroes and a squad) without much effort. Fourteen heroes and eight squads is a pretty nice list of new Heroscape figures, and there's plenty more if C3V can get a little creative.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:26 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
My take, in short: I like Magic: the Gathering fine, but have zero interest in seeing the license brought to Heroscape proper. If the figures are good enough to use, I'd be much more excited to see what unique Heroscape designs can be made.
This is exactly my feeling. AotP is already compatible enough with Heroscape that if I want to play with the MtG characters, I already have cards that will work.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd say no, simply because I consider AotP a subset of Heroscape, a bit like Superscape, that is good separately and can, with a little effort, be mixed in. Having them turned into generic Heroscape units could complicate matters. Also, the black, white and green creatures just wouldn't fit - they'd always look unpainted. I'm actually going through repainting them, and they look so much better - games are more fun now they look proper.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 20th, 2017, 11:53 AM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Like many others, I agree that only the painted figures should be used.

Also, I don't care if they are planeswalkers or if they are rethemed
Old November 20th, 2017, 02:07 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

I guess I'm in the minority here but I personally wouldn't add AotP figures to Heroscape. I like the Magic version fine the way it is and would rather have it as a separate game. However, I will admit that the Planeswalkers could be used to make some cool Heroscape customs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs