Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old December 12th, 2015, 06:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: HoME Design Thread

Ok, I propose that we make an individual thread for each card we make. @capsocrates , you can then link that thread to the OP of the brainstorming/design/display thread in a spoiler. That way we can manage each figure independently in its own thread, and keep up with them in the correct thread. The figures that already have a card pretty much done, we should each draft them to be the LD of. For instance, say you pick to LD gandalf, I pick Frodo, @Ninja Status picks one and so on. We can name them like you guys had before. "The Design Workbook of Gandalf the Grey", then when finished, "The Workbook of Gandalf the Grey". Or I kind of like, "The Scroll of Gandalf the Grey."

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 12th, 2015, 11:37 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Ok, I propose that we make an individual thread for each card we make. @capsocrates , you can then link that thread to the OP of the brainstorming/design/display thread in a spoiler. That way we can manage each figure independently in its own thread, and keep up with them in the correct thread. The figures that already have a card pretty much done, we should each draft them to be the LD of. For instance, say you pick to LD gandalf, I pick Frodo, @Ninja Status picks one and so on. We can name them like you guys had before. "The Design Workbook of Gandalf the Grey", then when finished, "The Workbook of Gandalf the Grey". Or I kind of like, "The Scroll of Gandalf the Grey."
Sounds good TREX

I'm up for LDing Samwise Gamgee, @capsocrates was there anything like a rough outline of Sam written up at all anywhere that you can remember? Or am I starting from scratch here.

~NS, who's perfectly fine with either
Old December 13th, 2015, 01:02 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Ninja Status , Using the guidelines they have already set for each workbook, we can make a thread for each character, and Caps can link it to the OP of the design thread so we can track it easier. If you want, I can do the first one in the format I'm thinking to start with maybe gandalf, because he's the closest to being done.

Old December 13th, 2015, 04:15 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
@Ninja Status , Using the guidelines they have already set for each workbook, we can make a thread for each character, and Caps can link it to the OP of the design thread so we can track it easier. If you want, I can do the first one in the format I'm thinking to start with maybe gandalf, because he's the closest to being done.
Alright. But I think we should just create the ones were working on currently, then things are less cluttered and we don't feel rushed. Since there's three of us, there should be three threads posted. You can work on completing Gandalf, and I can post one for Sam, and caps can post one for whichever unit he wants to LD.

Sound okay?

~NS
Old December 13th, 2015, 05:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Let's reserve this thread for discussing designs--we'll discuss the process in the general discussion thread.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 18th, 2015, 04:25 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is what we are currently in the process of refining via the Design phase. Any thoughts or criticisms? We did a lot of refinement in brainstorming already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Speaking of The One Ring, I believe this is what we had for it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
INVISIBILITY
At the start of the round, before placing order markers, you must place the One Ring Treasure Glyph power side up or power side down on this figure's Army Card. If the One Ring Treasure Glyph is power side up on this figure's Army Card and this figure is small, medium, or large, this figure has no visible hit zone, does not have clear sight to any non-adjacent figures, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

INFLUENCE OF THE RING
Before taking a turn with a friendly Unique Hero within 2 clear sight spaces of this figure you must roll the 20-sided die. If that figure is a Hobbit, subtract 1 from your die roll. If you roll an 18 or higher, the player controlling that army card must choose an opponent. That opponent will now control the friendly figure for the remainder of the turn.At the end of that turn, control of the friendly figure returns to the player who initially controlled it.

BETRAYAL OF THE RING
At the end of the round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, choose an opponent. That opponent must place the One Ring Treasure Glyph power side down on any empty space adjacent to this figure.

--
--
--

--
Old December 18th, 2015, 05:10 PM
"like" happy

The ring looks pretty cool, I can roll with it, and see what it brings in play testing. Basically It takes away your hit zone so you can have your way with killing guys at the expense of temporarily losing your turn or the ring it self. Its thematic, I like it.

Old December 18th, 2015, 07:22 PM

A figure with no visible hit zones can still be attacked by an adjacent figure, but yes.

--
--
--

--
Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:52 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
A figure with no visible hit zones can still be attacked by an adjacent figure, but yes.
If that is the case, should we make a 20 die roll come into play. I don't think they should just be able to directly hit someone that they can't see.

Old December 23rd, 2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
If that is the case, should we make a 20 die roll come into play. I don't think they should just be able to directly hit someone that they can't see.
I think the power is complex enough as-is. If we find it's not valuable enough we can reconsider that--however, its better than Thorian Speed, which is pretty awesome.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs