Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 11th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I have played 7 Wonders a lot, but only with 6 or 7 people. I've played the base game alone and also with Cities and the Leaders expansions. I imagine there's a bit more strategy when playing with fewer people because you can affect a majority if not all the other players rather than just 2 others out of 7 total.
Yeah, I imagine the military is a lot more important with just three players. My friend who won, for instance, won the military against both of us the second and third rounds and had like 16 points for military as a result, whereas we had negative points. Probably harder to pull off that swing in a larger group.

Well I've still been able to get the full 18 points from military in games, but it only hurts the 2 to either side and not others. In the Cities expansion, there's ways to avoid a neighbor's military, so for some, military is a lot less effective toward winning.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:08 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played a bit of City of Remnants tonight.
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Dropped some more Carcassonne tonight, seems to be turning into my go to quick game. I got some good draws to sneak ahead and win by 3 points.

Played Troyes as well and did well although my own dice were fairly bad rolls for the last couple rounds. The layout cards weren't worth buying so much which limited even more what could be done and left me with a lot more gold than needed at the end of the game, luckily one of the players had the gold end game scorer so that helped me.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
I played a bit of City of Remnants tonight.

How'd you like it?

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
I have played 7 Wonders a lot, but only with 6 or 7 people. I've played the base game alone and also with Cities and the Leaders expansions. I imagine there's a bit more strategy when playing with fewer people because you can affect a majority if not all the other players rather than just 2 others out of 7 total.
Yeah, I imagine the military is a lot more important with just three players. My friend who won, for instance, won the military against both of us the second and third rounds and had like 16 points for military as a result, whereas we had negative points. Probably harder to pull off that swing in a larger group.

Well I've still been able to get the full 18 points from military in games, but it only hurts the 2 to either side and not others. In the Cities expansion, there's ways to avoid a neighbor's military, so for some, military is a lot less effective toward winning.
Hmm, might have to look into that expansion at some point. That said, with only three people, it plays really well as is, and I feel like we have a lot of depth left to explore in it still, so there's no hurry.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 13th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Had a rare Friday night game night at a game/comic store.

Played:

Agents of SMERSH - (4 players) We beat Dr. Lobo rather handily in this one. This is a very fun spy themed storytelling game set in the cold war era. Players have a spy character with their own abilities and try to move their spy around the world/board to collect intel in order to defeat Dr. Lobo. You will have encounters each turn wherever you end up and depending one where you are and several other factors, another player reads the encounter your spy has from the encounter book with over 1,600 encounters. You will have to try to pass a certain test by rolling special dice and the number of dice rolled vary depending on certain things. If you pass the test you get rewarded and if you fail you advance Dr. Lobo on the track and possibly take wounds. That's the basics. It's really fun with a fun group of people that can read the encounters fun and it's also fun to make fun of the situations our spies get into .

Caylus
- (4 players) This was the first time 3 of us played this game and it's quite the brain burner worker placement game. You have to think far enough ahead and get enough resources and money to accomplish various actions you want to during your turn in order to gain more victory points. I didn't do well in this one, as I misjudged a couple things and paid for it. Good game, just one that you have to be ready to think a few moves ahead with.

Salmon Run
- (5 players) This was the first time for 4 of us. This is a fun racing/deckbuilding game where you move your salmon down the river by playing various move/direction cards. You can get Fatigue cards that can litter your deck, get attacked by Bears and Eagles and be affected by the Current. Pretty decent light game.

Old April 14th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My son and I played A Touch of Evil with The Coast Expansion yesterday. We played as a cooperative game against the Sunken Seven. He had never played before and enjoyed the theme a lot. We had pretty bad luck, though, and before we lost in the boss fight, we had Hauntings all over the board. Also, the mystery card that turns the Militia against you was in play as well, and there were half a dozen militia on the board, so travel was hard, and we just culdn't catch a break. Still a fun game, though; we just couldn't rescue the poor townsfolk from te ghosts of their past.

Among other things, I received a copy of Blood Bowl: Team Manager for my birthday, and I hope to get that played very soon. Looks to be pretty fun.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post

Among other things, I received a copy of Blood Bowl: Team Manager for my birthday, and I hope to get that played very soon. Looks to be pretty fun.

I enjoy Blood Bowl: Team Manager.

Old April 14th, 2013, 11:24 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Didn't get any board gaming in this weekend, but I did get some more painting done.

The Wretches got finished up this week.

The Boomers are up next and I think after that all that is left are the tickers.

I also painted another Filch this week.

This Mice and Mystics set is my only other commission right now.

This week I finally finished these two harpies I have been working on for Dark Age.

I really like the models a lot and look forward to painting a couple more.

My Warhammer armies saw a bit more love this week than they have in a while.

I built this White Wolf Unit and am looking forward to priming it after Adepticon

Another Glade Guard for my Wood Elves.

I really like painting these colors.

More progress was made on my Wolf Rider unit for my Orcs and goblins
[/URL]

The Champion is fully painted now and after a bit of gap filling I will finish priming the rest of the unit.

I took the pictures I posted last week and made a Battle Report from this week as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S4T3guf5y8

Next weekend is Adepticon, so I hope to take tons of pics there and hopefully make some more youtube BRs with them. I will get a lot of gaming in there.
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome work, Jormi!!

Newb.
Old April 15th, 2013, 03:37 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

@Jormi
Could you do me a big favor and remove the inappropriate pic with the two females with breasts exposed? I have a younger brother who views the site, and I think that content is still too mature for him.

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; April 15th, 2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Removed quote.
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Speaking of components, I've also spend about 5 hours out of the last two days painstakingly cleaning and assembling my Sedition Wars miniatures. I'm new to the process, so I'm definitely pretty slow, but so far, I've cleaned and constructed almost 30 minis, and that's just the Biohazard bonus ones. I haven't even touched the ones from the base game. At this rate (assuming I try to paint them), I won't be able to even play the game until after the spring thaw.
Played any Sedition Wars yet?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games