Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Which of the following would you eliminate from American politics if you could?
Liberalism 6 21.43%
Conservatism 2 7.14%
Centrism 3 10.71%
None of the above 17 60.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:59 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Political poll

If you could get rid of one of the above movements -- simply purge it from the minds of Americans as an object of serious consideration, which one would it be?

Post your reasoning too, if you care to.
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I voted none.

Reason?

The 1st Amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:04 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
None of them. No view point is perfect. There are good points from both.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:05 AM

jaques has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I voted none.

Reason?

The 1st Amendment.
I'm not suggesting any kind of suppression or repression. I'm saying that you have a magic wand, and can use it to simply blank out the possibility that anyone would want to apply one of these philosophies.

I do applaud the sentiment, though.

(Oops. Edited to change "magic want" to "magic wand.")
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I wish I could vote to eliminate two of the three. Just eliminating one sort of messes with the balance.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I voted for Sanjaya.
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques
I'm not suggesting any kind of suppression or repression. I'm saying that you have a magic want, and can use it to simply blank out the possibility that anyone would want to apply one of these philosophies.
J.S. Mill's On Liberty suggests that the best way to understand your own views is to compare them to others in a favorable light, and then make a decision. Completely eliminating one school of thought is the stuff of books like Fahrenheit 451, 1984, and real-life fascist nations.

To believe that any of the three basic groups you outlined are un-American goes against this basic principle that our forefathers believed in: Liberty.

Even Friedman and Hayek wouldn't have had as much to say if they didn't have Keynes and communists to point at and say "See, look!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:56 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I voted None. How can government represent or safeguard what it doesn't reflect?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
a$$holes weren't on the list.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:01 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
If you eliminate one, the whole thing might be off balance. They probably need each other.

Old January 24th, 2008, 01:17 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
a$$holes weren't on the list.
If it weren't for a$$holes in government, $#!t would never get done.

See what you started?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 24th, 2008, 08:48 AM

InThisMoment has disabled reputation
I voted for Conservatism. I've just personal bad experience with a particular brand of it, so, i'm pretty annoyed with it at the moment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General