Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:02 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker
Re: 440pt Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Here's one of the armies I'm going to be playing, and I'm going to give credit where credit is due, it was purely TomCollins2000's idea.

Krav Maga Agents (100)
Raelin (80)
4x Zombies (240)
440 points
This army is good. Takes full advantage of Raelin, and it has somewhat of an answer for Rats, too. I really think Zombies are underrated, and can be very powerful when played correctly (which is really hard to do).
You are correct sir the army can be hard to play, but alot of fun too. In the northeast NHSD we might have to play our opponent's army so giving them an army/unit that they have little or no experience using is a heck of a good play in my book. Also I just want more people to play the Zed army. It's what got me in to scape at my first NHSD 3 years ago. Sweet memories
Personally, I think the Zombies are some of the toughest units to play correctly. There's just so much going on with them - definitely one of my favorite units.
Who knows maybe D&D scape will give us a necromancer or something to make them more faster, stronger, and smarter! Well at least faster.

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

DW8K
DW9K
Rats x4
Isamu
440 - 19 Hexes

I contemplated something like this in the last tourney I played in (BBV), but chickened out in the end (and the day went terribly with the army I did bring).

I think I may just gather the courage to do it this time, and just imagine the look on my opponents face if a blank is rolled.

-insert signature here-
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:46 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
DW8K
DW9K
Rats x4
Isamu
440 - 19 Hexes

I contemplated something like this in the last tourney I played in (BBV), but chickened out in the end (and the day went terribly with the army I did bring).

I think I may just gather the courage to do it this time, and just imagine the look on my opponents face if a blank is rolled.
If that opponent is me you can expect a huge grin (and maybe a Deathwalker in return, depending on what I end up playing). I love the deathwalkers. Rats too, for that matter.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Indeed. Also, taking the DW build will erase any guilt I may have about taking a very powerful army as my 2nd choice.

-insert signature here-
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Indeed. Also, taking the DW build will erase any guilt I may have about taking a very powerful army as my 2nd choice.
I'm going for a mixed approach too. One army will probably be KoW/Denrick/Finn/Marro Warriors. Not too strong, but not too shabby either. However, it's certainly solid. Stodgy almost. As a counterpoint, Im planning a D20-heavy swingy second army. (I consider the deathwalker honorary members of the unreliable D20 power club.) I'm not sure yet what the second army will contain, but probably some mix of strong and weak D20 units: Anubians, Braxas, Mohicans, Marrden Hounds, Ke-Mo-Shi, Dividers, Sudema,...

I'll decide on the morning which to designate A and which to designate B, depending on my mood. The one I want to play more will be A.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I'm not sure yet what the second army will contain, but probably some mix of strong and weak D20 units: Anubians, Braxas, Mohicans, Marrden Hounds, Ke-Mo-Shi, Dividers, Sudema,...
Ollie, you should go with:

Sudema - 140
DW8K - 270
Marro Warriors - 320
Deathreavers x3 - 440

If you aren't allowed to duplicate the Marro, switch them up for MBS, Arkmer or Brave Arrow. They all have some nice D20 abilities.

I think that army could perform pretty darn well.

EDIT - you know, that army with Raelin at 520 looks downright excellent.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

Ollie

2x Marrden Hounds 180
Sudema 140 (320)
3x Omnicron Repulsors 120 (440)
22 Spaces

Marrden Hounds can block and plague squads. Repulsors can attack at range or burn through soulborgs. Sudema can take out dragons while the Marrden Hounds tank.

Last edited by 2xHero; September 24th, 2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

2xHero, omnicrons are great against non-braxas dragons already. They are in their element against heros with high defense. Sudema really isn't going to be worth it.

How about this?

2x Microcorp-200
KMA-300
Laglor-410
Marcu+isamu-440
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Probably already said, but:

Sentinels x2 220
4th Mass x3 210
Total 430
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:08 PM

KrugKiller is surprisingly tart

I am going to be at the Gamers Reunion Tournament this weekend and my 440pt army hasn't been brought up. I will wait and let everyone know what it is and how well I did Sunday after the tourney.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugKiller View Post
I am going to be at the Gamers Reunion Tournament this weekend and my 440pt army hasn't been brought up. I will wait and let everyone know what it is and how well I did Sunday after the tourney.
Same here. Hopefully I'll do better than you. :P
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:12 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Heading to the same tourney as Jexik this weekend so I won't tip my hand either except to say one of Killercactus's armies is close. I was also thinking about the orc/beast army but decided against it.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion