Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 15th, 2009, 09:28 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!
Re: DnD Heroscape Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
And in all seriousness, I was just wanting the fireball thing to be for squaddies, not for heroes. A single, long ranged missile that can take out a squad member with fairly good precision
Especially if he were really good at targeting. One might even say he had a Deadeye.

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:36 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
And in all seriousness, I was just wanting the fireball thing to be for squaddies, not for heroes. A single, long ranged missile that can take out a squad member with fairly good precision
Especially if he were really good at targeting. One might even say he had a Deadeye.
Yeah, only it would work solely against squad figures, but that would include small, medium, and large alike, as well having more than 50/50 chance.

I'm not banking on it, though.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I guess this is the best place for figure speculations so here are a few I came up with.

Troll Power:

Regeneration - At the end of any turn in which Troll Gaurdian is activated, if their are any wound markers on Troll Gaurdian, remove one wound marker.

Drow Power:

Globe of Darkness - Once per game each Drow can place a globe of darkness on himself or on any hex within 5 clear sight spaces of the Drow. Place a pool of darkness on top of the hex and leave it there for the rest of the game. Figures standing completely on pool of darkness tiles have an efective range of 1 for all attacks and can only be targeted by adjecent attacks. Use this power at any time after any figure moves and before it attacks (both your figures and your opponents figures).

---------

What I like about the globe of darkness idea is that is could be used both on defense and on offense. On defense you could use it to protect the drow or another figure from ranged attacks. On offense you could use it to prevent a ranged attacker from making an attack (for one round then they could move off the hex with the globe the next round). With ranged attacks being so dominate in Heroscape this power would be a cool way to help mele units.
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:12 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

I've been away for a bit, and it looks like we have some good stuff to look forward to in the future.

Tandos Kreel fights for Einar. I hope he is a warlord for bonding with Roman Legos and Sacred Band. But if he is a human champion, that would be cool, too.

Erevan Sunshadow...a ninth elf wizard? Since he fights for Jandar, it's hard to know since he does not have elves yet. Also, if he is an elf wizard, is he the ninth elf wizard?

Darrak Ambershard looks like another Dwarf Hero. This can only help the Axegrinders.

Ana Karithon can heal but also deal notable damage. Maybe she will be kind of like Sonlen.

The drow look interesting. From what others have said, it looks like they will have something like Thorian Speed while on a shadow pool.

Best of all, a new troll and a little dragon. Maybe we will get another beast for the arrow gruts. Also, more dragons = good.

And, of course, there is wave ten...
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

I wanted a blue dragon

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Interesting thought: many people were wondering why the Axegrinders of Burning Forge were "fighters" instead of "warriors". However, in DnD, I believe that the original and main "warrior" class is called "fighter" (though there are also various sub-classes like Barbarian and Paladin.)

Probably not much to go on, but I would expect the swordsman to be a fighter, and he might even have some sort of fighter synergy (though I doubt it.) Just an observation.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll probably replace the D&D figure party in any scenarios with an official Heroscape party(i.e. Ana for Sonlen....). Or I might mix and match!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:24 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
Darrak Ambershard
Aquilla
Darrak streaks across the battlefield, hiding in the shadows until he finds the right moment to strike! Using stealth and guile, he catches enemies by surprise and finds the chinks in their armor.
This guy is a streaker? Man, he needs some kind of armor or pants. I don't want to see his er..um..."dwarfness" out there in front of God and everybody. No wonder he's sticking to the shadows, he freaking nu...huh? Oh. Right.
Look at that! Look at that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIu03s3oNY
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:37 PM

Star Wolf is surprisingly tart

There is still one character left. The woman drow shown on the front of the box. Anyone have that photo or know where to find it.

Star Wolf's scenarios

Q9-"I'm poor, I need more points. Please won't you help me?"

Taelord-"BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................NO!"
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:20 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf View Post
There is still one character left. The woman drow shown on the front of the box. Anyone have that photo or know where to find it.
I believe all the characters in the set are shown on the first page. There is a dark elf hero and a 3 elf squad. Only two of the elves from that squad are on the first page I think, that's where the confusion is.
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart

Speculation on Pools of Shadow:

These will be spawn points for extra bad guys to attack the party. If you've ever played boardgames such as Doom or Descent, monsters are continously spawning out of the party's line of sight, making the pace of the game frantic as the party scrambles for the exit, fighting continously.

These Pools of Shadows could be similar, serving as spawn points. That begs the question: Will there be new game mechanics? Do the drow/troll/dragon team get an extra, say, 200 points of common squads they can spawn or something?

Or, more likely, perhaps the drow/troll/dragon themselves do not start on the board, but instead spawn from the Pools as the party passes by. This is my bet as to how it will work.
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

D&D could provide us with some Vydar faction members too. After all Spelljammer is Sci-fi based and is apart of the D&D realm.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News