Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old August 27th, 2007, 04:59 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
I live in the kansas City missouri metro area and Im looking for heroscapers to play/learn with...anyone out there?

just found this con happening in my area next week:

http://recruits.mtswebsites.com/Events.php

anyone up for meeting for some heroscape, or signing up to referee an event?
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22
I live in the kansas City missour metro area and Im looking for heroscapers to play/learn with...anyone out there?

just found this con happening in my area next week:

http://recruits.mtswebsites.com/Events.php

anyone up for meeting for some heroscape, or signing up to referee an event?
There is a good possibility that I may be at this event, at least one day, probably Sunday.
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM

paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
Tog would you be up for a game? Or will you have other events scheduled? Do you play on a regular basis somewhere in the area, like a gaiming store?
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Tog would you be up for a game? Or will you have other events scheduled? Do you play on a regular basis somewhere in the area, like a gaiming store?
Yes
No, I'm not planning on running games, I'm planning on going there to play
No, I normally play with the family. However, yesterday I met Kharma and Helznicht at AtoZ Comics in Blue Springs for a game. In the future, we may try to get a more central location, and get a group of people together.

BTW, please update your profile to reflect your location, i.e. MO - KC, MO - Grain Valley, etc., as it helps people find you.
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:52 AM

LOL were you at A-Z around 3pm? I was there!!! I saw a couple people playing in the back room, but there wasnt anywhere to sit~! what a small world! LOL Yes we should get a regular sunday game going up at A-Z! that would rock. :

As for recruitcon... I'd love to get a game going there so I can learn the basics... what time are you planning to attend sunday I t would be really sweet if we could get multiple games going.

Also, thanks for the tip... I updated my profile.
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
LOL were you at A-Z around 3pm? I was there!!! I saw a couple people playing in the back room, but there wasnt anywhere to sit~! what a small world! LOL Yes we should get a regular sunday game going up at A-Z! that would rock. :

As for recruitcon... I'd love to get a game going there so I can learn the basics... what time are you planning to attend sunday I t would be really sweet if we could get multiple games going.

Also, thanks for the tip... I updated my profile.
I haven't made specific plans yet for Recruits.

The downside to AtoZ is that it's a haul for me from Raymore. Kharma and Helznicht, however, are right there.

BTW, the WalMart at Blue Ridge and I70 has wave 6, and some Romans and Orcs, if you're looking for those. They also have ZERO Master Sets, with a significantly smaller space set aside for SoTM. So maybe they'll have it any day...
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, paradox22!

On behalf of our unreportably insane and gathering going community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, noting that this sentence is untrue

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:36 PM

Thanks Aldin...back at'cha.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG

I haven't made specific plans yet for Recruits.

The downside to AtoZ is that it's a haul for me from Raymore. Kharma and Helznicht, however, are right there.
Well if you want a game at recruits, PM me and we can hook up to play.

As for a regular weekly meeting spot theres also the game cafe in Independence Mo.. not sure if its really that much closer to you all, but it is a really nice store with gaming tables and a private room you can rent if you want to go that route as well...

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:50 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
All right, fellow Missourians. Anybody else coming to the Tree Town Open? I know it's a long drive, but I think I'm journeying farther than most of you would
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:00 AM

I just began playing and looking around for other players, my timing is horrible as usual LoL I'd love to go, but I am running in my first marathon the morning of the 20th BAH!

I wish someone would set up a tourney at Shauncon...

http://www.kcguild.com/Con/

or RecruitsCon...

http://recruits.mtswebsites.com/index.php

FYI I spoke with the guy that is putting on recruitsCon and he is looking for someone to run some games of heroscape or a tourney... I would do it, but I dont feel like I have the appropriate experience with the rules yet... He said if ANYONE out there would want to run a game they should email him ASAP... the address is on site. RecruitsCon is Sept. 7-9th.

Old August 28th, 2007, 08:47 AM

There will be Heroscape on some level at Recruits, on Sunday the 9th, but probably not a tournament. I have contacted them concerning setting aside some space for us on Sunday.

Those planning on attending Sunday, that I am aware of:

TOG+1
Kharma
Helznicht+1
paradox22
Barbell Hero+1

This is a good chance to rope more folks into our addiction...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers