Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Colossus - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
OK Mr. "Read the Card", lets look at what Wolverine's card says.

Quote:
Adamantium Claws
Figures and Destructible Objects subtract 2 from their defense dice when attacked by Wolverine.

Berserker Rage 3
When Wolverine attacks, he may attack 1 additional time for each wound marker on this card, up to a maximum of 3 total attacks in a single turn.
So when Wolverine attacks a figure with your cannon ball, he can use his Claws. Also, like Iron Man, he can attack multiple times. You should at least be aware of this if you are not already
Uh, yeah, I'm aware of all that. I meant the auto-skull is only added to the first attack, not any additional attacks from Berserker Rage.

Quote:
and also be aware that this may bump Colosus' cost up some, which I would be OK with him being quite expensive. Heck, his auto shield with a defense of 6 is pretty nice, like Magneto on height with his shield up, only with a life of 6.... I am thinking this card is above 300 for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post
I think he looks great, and is entirely playable, but I think he may be overcosted at 260.

He's essentially Captain America (220) with no ranged attack who gets an auto shield and can toss a team mate. Again he looks fun and playable, I just don't see his power being worth 40 points more than Caps
So roughly 520/2...or 260?

Quote:
A +1 to the attack line is cool I guess, but the second line can be really confusing. I understand what you mean by "If Wolverine was the chosen figure, add 1 automatic skull instead." but that last word "instead" is sorta confusing. I mean, instead of what, everything that I just read?
Instead of the +1 die that's given to every figure who is not Wolverine. If others find it misleading or confusing (I don't see how it could be, since if you ignore everything before it the line "Wolverine adds an auto-skull" makes no sense by itself) feel free to suggest wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Referring to the +1 bonus, is the intention on having the only the first hit with multiple normal attacking figures to receive the bonus or each hit for that attack sequence?
The first part is correct, only add to the first attack. That could be clarified with "add 1 attack die to that attack."

The purpose of enhancing Wolverine further is that is the most famous iteration of the Fastball Special: Colossus throwing Wolveirne. I wanted to encourage that interaction (and no, not any fighter).

The purpose of adding something to the (first) attack is to give you a reason to move Colossus over and throw someone since, elevations aside, chances are a lot of figures could move far enough to attack with an OM of their own.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And Colossus is also giving up his own attack to make this attack, so it should be better than just if they attacked on their own. I agree with keeping the +1. I could still see going "Fighter" with the auto skull (or would +2 work better?) - the Wolverine association would still be clear.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I debated +2 but went with auto-skull since a) he could throw figures with Deadly Strike or similar powers; and b) it takes out the possibility of 2 skulls, which, based on feedback so far, would seem like a bit much.

Also, be glad I love the C3G. I posted this thread last night because I was staying up to win, on eBay, Quasatch Hunters which I need to complete (and I mean complete) my collection. I hadn't bid yet, but was going to at the last minute (and it would've worked, too). But I decided to post Colossus while the auction ticked down, my browser screwed up and almost lost the whole post, and by the time I got it fixed the Quasatch were someone else's.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh. I think C3G loves you too.
The auto skull thing still looks a bit confusing when you read it, I think, but I'll have to toss it around in my mind and come up with an alternate suggestion if I really want to make an issue out of it.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 12th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Now is Fighter route meant to only be able use Fastball Special with Fighter class units? I think I missed that discussion. If that were the case, it would severely limit the use and value of the power. If that were the case and it was suggested that his cost be based on being able to throw Wolverine because it's a best case scenario, then Colossus' would be overcosted by a bit when not having Wolverine in his army.
No, I just meant the part specific to Wolverine should be expanded to Fighters, not that the whole power should be restricted to Fighters.
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Now is Fighter route meant to only be able use Fastball Special with Fighter class units? I think I missed that discussion. If that were the case, it would severely limit the use and value of the power. If that were the case and it was suggested that his cost be based on being able to throw Wolverine because it's a best case scenario, then Colossus' would be overcosted by a bit when not having Wolverine in his army.
No, I just meant the part specific to Wolverine should be expanded to Fighters, not that the whole power should be restricted to Fighters.
I know you're clarifying for Hahma here, but I wanted to mention that I understood and loved your suggestion. Part of me wishes we'd made Cupid's Arrow work on all Archers. I think Colossus is a great character and I don't want to feel like I'm leaving points on the table when I'm drafting him in an army that doesn't include Wolverine. Leaving this a little more open ended helps with that, I think.

Old April 12th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Why would you be 'leaving points on the table' if you don't draft Wolverine? Realistically, there should be no cost built in in case you draft both. It's a situational power that already has a lot of points built into it (280 + ~260). If you draft Colossus, you draft him for the ability to throw anyone and be a tank. The Wolverine interaction is just icing (and only 50% better icing than the generic +1).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Yeah, what I mean, though, is I would feel like I wasn't taking full advantage of my choice to include Colossus in my army unless I took that 50% better icing.

Old April 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM

I certainly sympathize with that point; I always want to get all benefits possible out of a card. But points getting left on the table happens, especially with units that end in 5 (which is why I enjoy designing units that end in 5). Points could be left if you don't get Valiant or Disciplined Defense bonuses (though honestly the first one isn't that big a deal since the 4th are good anyway); if your AE don't Drop; if there are no Utgar figures opposing Ana Karithon; if you fill 90 points with Atlaga for a 25% chance insta-kill-anything with no other Kyrie; heck, if you take Axegrinders and none of the Dwarf Heroes. All of which aren't likely to happen, but they're possible. I just want people to want to play Colossus/Wolverine, but not feel like they have to (which a +1/auto-skull bonus accomplishes better than nothing/+1, IMO).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

WOW!!! You go away for a few days and... WOW! I am lovign the direction of Colossus! I like his relative simplicity, he is obviously the X-Men Tank (in every sense of the word) and I love where Fastball is heading. Perhaps, the clause about Wolverine should come first, like "choose a small or medium figure. If the figure is Wolverine... For any other figure chosen,..." This would, I believe, make it more clear. Again, great stuff going here. Colossus has long been my favorite X-man and you are doing a great job with him.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I want to play Colossus/Wolverine and I don't need any bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM

Good suggestion Spidey! And quozl, you're not helping.

How's this?

FASTBALL SPECIAL
Instead of attacking, choose an adjacent small or medium figure you control to throw. Place the chosen figure on any empty space within 5 clear sight spaces of Colossus and that figure may immediately attack normally. If the chosen figure is Wolverine 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. For any other chosen figure, add 1 attack die. Fastball Special may only be used if the chosen figure is unengaged and can be placed adjacent to an enemy figure.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library