Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 21st, 2014, 10:27 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Website Issues (With Mysterious Disappearing Final Page)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
I keep getting logged out after like two minutes of browsing.

I though it was supposed to wait fifteen minutes before logging someone out?

~JS, who likes that it logs him out, just doesn't like how quickly it is doing it
For me it seems pretty similar to this, also if I sign in when I'm just on the homepage before I've gone anywhere else, then when I go to the forums I'm signed out again... It could just be that my internet is awful though

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 21st, 2014, 10:57 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Do you guys check that stay signed in box? That's how you can stay logged in forever.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 07:00 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Do you guys check that stay signed in box? That's how you can stay logged in forever.
Right, but I like the feature that logs me out after 15 minutes. However, it appears to have been working overtime that day, and logged me out after like 2 minutes.

~JS, who hasn't had a problem with it since
Old March 22nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Right, but I like the feature that logs me out after 15 minutes. However, it appears to have been working overtime that day, and logged me out after like 2 minutes.

~JS, who hasn't had a problem with it since
Well sometimes when I click my User CP it logs me out but other than that nothing like this has happened to me.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old March 24th, 2014, 12:34 PM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

I haven't been able to upload images since the transfer to the new server. Any advice?
Old March 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvano the Wasabus View Post
I haven't been able to upload images since the transfer to the new server. Any advice?
Try Photobucket I guess. It's free and you can then use the insert image button on HSers to take the photobucket link and post the picture here.
Old March 24th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll have the photo issue fixed later today.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old March 24th, 2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Any idea as to why the site was down for a while?
Old March 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Any idea as to why the site was down for a while?
Yes, our DNS is still hosted at the old server and it had a hiccup that took us out briefly. (For those unfamiliar with DNS, check the spoiler.)
Spoiler Alert!
DNS is usually pretty resilient to short interruptions because there is a lot of caching of the name-to-ip mappings. However, around a server move this is less the case and you experienced the result; the new server was up, but your computer didn't know how to find it. Why is it less resilient right now? It's complicated, but techies can check the spoiler.
Spoiler Alert!
truth and I were working on this very issue yesterday, so we'll soon have DNS on the new server too. At that point all reliance on the old server will be gone.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old March 24th, 2014, 02:42 PM

Cool. Thanks for the info. And for a non-techy like myself, I could still follow the reasoning of the spoilers. Thanks!
Old March 24th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvano the Wasabus View Post
Fixed. Thanks for the problem report.

Old March 24th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey Xorlof, I noticed that my phone is posting three times, but it deletes the extra posts if I refresh the page. Is that a site thing or just my phone glitching out? Thanks

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; March 24th, 2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: It cant hurt to inquire about it

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online