Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:27 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
6 NEW CUSTOM FIGS - Help Tweak & Cost

It's been quite a while since I posted any custom info I was actually excited about creating. Now with the induction of D&D figs, I feel rejuvenated in taking a stab at it once again. Below are 6 new support figs I created to help round out some factions,... or spice them up a bit. Please give me some constructive critiscism about the powers and ultimately the costs of these guys. I'd GREATLY appreciate any help.

UPDATED AND CHANGED 8/24 :
Red = Omissions
Blue = Additions / Alterations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM #1 : The Anti-Drow Fig.
DARRK TRAVLR the DROW STALKER
Aquilla............... Life - 5
Half-Elf.............. Move - 6
Unique Hero...... Range - 1
Stalker.............. Attack - 4
Solitary............. Defense - 4
Med 5............... Pts. - 150

LURK IN SHADOWS
If Darrk Travlr is on a shadow space, opponent's figures must be adjacent to attack him with a normal attack.

TOXIC WEAPON IMMUNITY
Darrk Travlr can never be wounded by additional wounds inflicted by the POISON WEAPONS or INFECTIOUS BLADE powers on any army card.

DROW STRIKE
If Darrk Travlr destroys an opponent's small or medium Drow figure with a normal attack, you may move Darrk Travlr up to 3 spaces and attack one additional opponent Drow figure if possible. Darrk Travlr must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's Drow figure to use Drow Strike. Drow Strike can only be used once per turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM #2 : Drow Hero 1
DEVON STINGBLADE
Utgar................... Life - 5
Drow................... Move - 6
Unique Hero......... Range - 6
Drow Assassin...... Attack - 2
Aggressive............ Defense - 3
Med 5................. Pts. - 130

LURKING ASSASSIN
If Devon Stingblade is on a shadow space, add 1 to his attack and opponent's figures must be adjacent to attack him with a normal attack.

TRIPLE ATTACK
When Devon Stingblade attacks, he may attack 2 additional times.

INFECTIOUS BLADE
Each time Devon Stingblade inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's Hero figure with a normal attack, roll the d20. If you roll 1-11 nothing happens. If you roll a 12-19, add 1 additional wound to the defending figure. If you roll 20, add 2 additional wounds to the defending figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM #3 : Drow Hero 2
XEVANA the DISPLACER
Utgar.................... Life - 4
Drow..................... Move - 5
Unique Hero.......... Range - 1
Displacer............... Attack - 2
Focused............... Defense - 3
Med 4................... Pts. - 50

DROW DISPLACEMENT
After moving and before attacking with Xevana the Displacer you may roll the d20.

- If you roll 1-3, you must inflict one wound on any Drow figure you control adjacent to Xevana and your turn ends.
- If you roll 4-12, you may place 1 small or medium Drow figure you control adjacent to Xevana, on any empty space within 4 clear sight spaces of Xevana.
- If you roll 13-17, you may place 2 small or medium Drow figures you control adjacent to Xevana, on any empty space within 4 clear sight spaces of Xevana.
- If you roll 18 or higher, you may place 3 small or medium Drow figures you control adjacent to Xevana, on any empty space within 4 clear sight spaces of Xevana.

If the displaced Drow figures are engaged, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

[ORIGINAL POWER - Omitted]
- If you roll 1-3, you must destroy one common Drow figure you control adjacent to Xevana and your turn ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM #4 : Drider Hero
LEE the SPINDLER QUEEN
Utgar..................... Life - 5 [Changed from 4]
Drider.................... Move - 7
Unique Hero........... Range - 5
Spindler Queen...... Attack - 2
Cunning................. Defense - 3
Med 4................... Pts. - 110

PROTECT THE QUEEN
After revealing an order marker on this card, and before activating any other power, you may roll the d20.

- If you roll 1-10, nothing happens.
- If you roll 11-17, you may attack with up to 3 Fyorlag Spiders you control that are engaged with an opponent's figure and are within 6 clear sight spaces of Lee the Spindler Queen.
- If you roll 18 or higher, you may move and attack with up to 3 Fyorlag Spiders you control that are within 6 clear sight spaces of Lee the Spindler Queen.

- If you roll 1-5, nothing happens.
- If you roll 6-15, you may attack with up to 3 Fyorlag Spiders you control that are engaged with an opponent's figure and are within 6 clear sight spaces of Lee the Spindler Queen.
- If you roll 16 or higher, you may attack with up to 6 Fyorlag Spiders you control that are engaged with an opponent's figure and are within 6 clear sight spaces of Lee the Spindler Queen.

DUNGEON CRAWLER
If Lee the Spindler Queen ends her turn unengaged and on a dungeon space, add 2 to her range and 2 to her attack for this turn.

If Lee the Spindler Queen begins and ends her turn unengaged and on a dungeon space, add 1 to her move, range, and attack for this turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM #5 : Dwarf Hero
DONOVAN THUNDERTUSK
Aquilla................... Life - 5
Dwarf..................... Move - 6 [Changed from 7]
Unique Hero........... Range - 1
Enforcer................. Attack - 3
Empowering........... Defense - 4
Large 4.................. Pts. - 130

THUNDERHORN BOAR RUSH
Donovan Thundertusk receives 2 additional attack dice when attacking any opponent's figure with a normal attack and who was at least 4 clear sight space away from Donovan Thundertusk at the start of his turn. Thunderhorn Boar Rush cannot be used on small figures.

HOG WILD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 3. If Donovan Thundertusk destroys an opponent's figure with Hog Wild Special Attack, you may move Donovan Thundertusk up to 3 spaces and attack again using Hog Wild Special Attack. Donovan Thundertusk may continue using Hog Wild Special Attack until he does not destroy an opponent's figure. Donovan Thundertusk must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure to use Hog Wild Special Attack.

CHARGING ASSAULT
Devon Thundertusk may add 3 to his Move number as long as he is unengaged prior to moving. Devon Thundertusk must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use Charging Assault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM 6 : Viperian Uncommon Hero
VIPERIAN SPITTING SLUG
Ullar........................ Life - 5 [Changed from 4]
Viperian................... Move - 5 [Changed from 6]
UnCommon Hero....... Range - 4
Slug......................... Attack - 3
Instinctive................ Defense - 4
Med 4..................... Pts. - 130

DUAL ATTACK
This Viperian Spitting Slug may attack once before moving and once after moving.

CRUSHING BITE
This Viperian Spitting Slug receives 1 additional attack die when attacking an opponent's adjacent small figure.

FRENZY
After you take a turn with this Viperian Spitting Slug, roll the d20. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with any Viperian Spitting Slug you control

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)

Last edited by dnutt99; September 3rd, 2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: More Omissions & Additions
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:11 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 6 NEW CUSTOM FIGS - Help Tweak & Cost

Lee and the Viperian seem a little overpriced. With their life and defense they're not going to defeat their points very often. These customs are extremely well designed. It's not often I comment on customs that don't have cards. Keep up the good work.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Lee and the Viperian seem a little overpriced. With their life and defense they're not going to defeat their points very often. These customs are extremely well designed. It's not often I comment on customs that don't have cards. Keep up the good work.
Thanks a bunch for the feed back. I've tried some of these in the past and they've been disadterous, but I like to think I can balance out things much better now!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
XEVANA the DISPLACER
Quote:
DROW DISPLACEMENT
After moving and before attacking with Xevana the Displacer you may roll the d20.
- If you roll 1-3, you must destroy one common Drow figure you control adjacent to Xevana and your turn ends.
Maybe drop this clause so that part of the penalty of a poor roll can't be bypassed by keeping your figs away from Xevana?

Quote:
DEVON
Quote:
THUNDERTUSK
THUNDERHORN BOAR RUSH
Thunderhorn Gore Rush cannot be used on small figures.

Name change.

OT, any chance of seeing you this Saturday, dnutt?

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart

These seem to be some really cool ideas for customs. I can imagine how they will fit in really well with the new d&d figures. My favourite is the drow hunter. I know that you probably have ideas for them, but with reading his stats, I come up with an image of him right away; perhaps he is a lone survivor, his family slaughtered by drow packs. He now lives to see them hunted down and killed, and to be avenged for his breathren...
just my imagination. They seem like awesome characters.

[quote=dnutt99;1181215]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM 5 : Dwarf Hero
DEVON THUNDERTUSK
Aquilla................... Life - 5
Dwarf..................... Move - 7
Unique Hero........... Range - 1
Enforcer................. Attack - 3
Empowering........... Defense - 4
Large 4.................. Pts. - 130

CHARGING ASSAULT
Devon Thundertusk may add 3 to his Move number as long as he is unengaged prior to moving. Devon Thundertusk must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use Charging Assault.

THUNDERHORN BOAR RUSH
Devon Thundertusk receives 2 additional attack dice when attacking any opponent's figure that was at least 3 clear sight space away from Devon Thundertusk at the start of his turn. Thunderhorn Gore Rush cannot be used on small figures.
Just a possible question/ suggestion for one of them. (Don't take anything I say that seriously, I'm still really new to this) For Devon Thundertusk, (awesome name) I am wondering about his movement capabilities. Dwarves are known for being slow, yet Devon has a move of 7, fast as some of the top-moving figures: Grok Riders, Theracus, and such. Coupled with his charging assault, he as an insane possible move of 10. Perhaps you invisioned him on some crazy steed, as fast as any known heroscape figure. I donno. With that much move, in addition to reasonable defense and good life, he seems perhaps a bit underpriced, and rather strange as far as a dwarf is seen. But if that was your whole idea, to make a totally new style of dwarf, it sounds great.

Anyway, to conclude, I really like your design of customs. The way they add valuable new angles to the already existing style of play is something to be commended. Great job. It would be awesome to see cards for these in the future!
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Lee and the Viperian seem a little overpriced.
I'm working on some edits for these two. Especially LEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer
XEVANA the DISPLACER
DROW DISPLACEMENT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Maybe drop this clause so that part of the penalty of a poor roll can't be bypassed by keeping your figs away from Xevana?

Her Drow Displacement power allows you to place Drow figures already adjacent to Xevana on a space 4 clear sight spaces away. So my thinking on this one was that during the move portion of the turn, she would most likely move adjacent to some of her companions.

Quote:
OT, any chance of seeing you this Saturday, dnutt?

Not this time. Hopefully next month tho. I'm eager to deal you a few more loses for your overall record,...

Old August 24th, 2010, 02:55 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
Quote:
Her Drow Displacement power allows you to place Drow figures already adjacent to Xevana on a space 4 clear sight spaces away. So my thinking on this one was that during the move portion of the turn, she would most likely move adjacent to some of her companions.
Somehow I misread her power as a Marro Clone type, replace-dead-units ability. Carry on.

[quote]
Quote:
OT, any chance of seeing you
Quote:
Quote:
[/quote]
Not this time. Hopefully next month tho. I'm eager to deal you a few more loses for your overall record,...
That's okay, 'cause I'm hoping to add you to the Win column of my tournament record in October (since I've already got you in the Loss column there ).

Last edited by Killometer; August 24th, 2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: What the heck is going on with my quote boxes? Everytime I try to fix it, another one shows up! I give up.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:50 PM

OK folks. I've made some tweaks based on the feedback. Tell me what you think. FYI, I've got some D&D figs already designated for these guys, but I wanted to get all the balancing out of the way before creating the pretty pretty cards! Again, I'm looking for point cost balance more than anything else. I want to make these guys fun.

PS - Isn't there some kind of board or committee designated toward 'qualifying' custom units for regular play? (Similar to the BOV maps committee?)

Old August 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
PS - Isn't there some kind of board or committee designated toward 'qualifying' custom units for regular play? (Similar to the BOV maps committee?)
Unlike the BOV, there is no authoritatively accepted thread for custom figures to be refined and qualified. There have been several incarnations of one. The latest is the CHCG24.

First there was the Halls of Valhalla and the Barracks. Then came the TNT thread. Now there is the CHCG24. I don't know how they work but you can check them out.
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Spoiler Alert!

This guy is very much a niche figure. Unless you're facing a very drow-heavy army most of his specials won't see much use. Concan has similiar base stats, plus flying at only 80. I'd say 90 would be fair for Darrk.

I do have a questions about Drow Strike-can you only attack one additional figure per turn, or if you second attack kils a drow, can you move and attack a third time, then a fourth, etc.?

DONOVAN STINGBLADE
Spoiler Alert!

130 looks good here. Triple Attack makes this guy very much like Moriko with Range, except trading Infectious Blade for Phantom Walk.

XEVANA the DISPLACER
Spoiler Alert!

Points look good here, too. She'd be good to use to try to pull your heroes out of engagement, but otherwise I don't see too many OMs going on her.

LEE the SPINDLER QUEEN
Spoiler Alert!

She makes quite the teammate with Estivara. 110 seems fair, considering that Kurrok is 120 and has a lot more flexibility (albiet you give up your turn with him to use your elementals).

DEVON THUNDERTUSK
Spoiler Alert!

I like that he brings a Special Attack to the Dwarves, but with only 2 dice it's a little toothless. I definitely wouldn't spend more on this guy than Mogrimm. Maybe 110, putting him even with Migol, would be better.

VIPERIAN SPITTING SLUG
Spoiler Alert!

Without playtesting this guy will be hard to price, since he has the potentially very powerful ability to attack before moving, combined with range (Run away! Run away! ). 130 looks like a good place to start, though.

Just to clarify, is he only allowed to attack once before moving and once after moving? Or can he opt to attack twice then move, or move then attack twice?

Old August 24th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

This guy is very much a niche figure. Unless you're facing a very drow-heavy army most of his specials won't see much use. Concan has similiar base stats, plus flying at only 80. I'd say 90 would be fair for Darrk.

I do have a questions about Drow Strike-can you only attack one additional figure per turn, or if you second attack kils a drow, can you move and attack a third time, then a fourth, etc.?
You can only attack one additional Drow figure.

Quote:
XEVANA the DISPLACER
Spoiler Alert!

Points look good here, too. She'd be good to use to try to pull your heroes out of engagement, but otherwise I don't see too many OMs going on her.
I think you're still missing her power. The idea is to move Drow figures, (already adjacent to her), 4 spaces AWAY. Unlike Emirroon who pulls Elves adjacent to him, Xevana can potentially place her comrades atop castle walls, on height, adjacent to an approaching baddie / ranged unit, etc. The question is, is the d20 roll-scale too much of a gamble to be worth the points?

Quote:
DEVON THUNDERTUSK
Spoiler Alert!

I like that he brings a Special Attack to the Dwarves, but with only 2 dice it's a little toothless. I definitely wouldn't spend more on this guy than Mogrimm. Maybe 110, putting him even with Migol, would be better.
Ok. Fair enough. I was thinking something similar, (with regards to the SA). How about altering the Hog Wild SA to an attack of 3, and specifying that he must be unengaged at the start of the turn to be able to use it? 130?

Quote:
VIPERIAN SPITTING SLUG
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Without playtesting this guy will be hard to price, since he has the potentially very powerful ability to attack before moving, combined with range (Run away! Run away! ). 130 looks like a good place to start, though.

Just to clarify, is he only allowed to attack once before moving and once after moving? Or can he opt to attack twice then move, or move then attack twice?
He may attack once before moving and once after moving. My only concern is that with such a limited range of 4, the pre-move attack may be wasted more often than not. To keep the price at 130, I'm thinking about boosting the range and defense to 5. (?)

Old August 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
XEVANA the DISPLACER
Spoiler Alert!

I think you're still missing her power. The idea is to move Drow figures, (already adjacent to her), 4 spaces AWAY. Unlike Emirroon who pulls Elves adjacent to him, Xevana can potentially place her comrades atop castle walls, on height, adjacent to an approaching baddie / ranged unit, etc. The question is, is the d20 roll-scale too much of a gamble to be worth the points?
I'll get it right eventually. The D20 numbers look good for 50 points

Quote:
Quote:
DEVON THUNDERTUSK
Spoiler Alert!

Ok. Fair enough. I was thinking something similar, (with regards to the SA). How about altering the Hog Wild SA to an attack of 3, and specifying that he must be unengaged at the start of the turn to be able to use it? 130?
3 Attack significantly increases its chances of being effective and would increase his value. I don't think that it needs the "must start unengaged" limitation, but if you want to include it I don't think that it would hurt him much.

Quote:
Quote:
VIPERIAN SPITTING SLUG
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

He may attack once before moving and once after moving. My only concern is that with such a limited range of 4, the pre-move attack may be wasted more often than not. To keep the price at 130, I'm thinking about boosting the range and defense to 5. (?)
I think that if you start increasing his Range or Move by much his price is going to start to jump pretty quickly. His biggest strength isn't his ability to attack twice, imo, but his ability to attack then retreat. This will be very rough on melee units.

Last edited by Killometer; August 24th, 2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: more unsolvable quote block weirdness

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards