Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 25th, 2007, 07:14 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
U CHOOSE THE SQUAD! - 1 of 3 Balancing act. - UPDATED 10/1

EDIT 9/25/07: All of the squads were supposed to be SPITTERS. I originally posted 2 of them as Protectors. If this would have altered your previous decision that was posted, please express any changes.

EDIT 9/30/07: I playtested the Armoc Warlord and the Armoc Spitters version 2, (with Venemous Rain as a normal attack), yesterday with some buddies. I found that the Armoc Warlord is pretty balanced for 150 points and didn't have much problem with his overall balance. The Armoc Spitters, however, were just too weak to stay up front with a defense of 2 and low attack of 2 for 75 points. So I've come up with one other option I liked for a power and you can tell me which is the better squad for 75 points.

EDIT 10/01/07: 3rd squad added. The simple choice! I'll post my final decision 10/10/2007. (The Armoc Warlord is good AS-IS. Just looking for a complementary squad.)

Armoc Warlord : Ullar
Viper....................Life: 7
Unique Hero..........Move: 6
Warlord................Range: 1
Relentless.............Attack: 5
Med. 6..................Defense: 2
...........................150 points

- SLITHER: (same)
- PROTECTOR STRENGTH: All protectors you control within 4 clear sight spaces
of Armoc Warlord add +1 to their attack and +1 to their defense.
- SPITTER PRECISION: All Armoc Spitters you control, add 2 to their range.

Whcih of these squads, (below), is the best and most balanced squad for 75 points.
What do you all think?

===============================================
(1)

Armoc Spitters : Ullar - 3 Viper Squad
Vipers....................Life: 1
Common Squad......Move: 6
Spitters..................Range: 5
Precise..................Attack: 2
Med. 5...................Defense: 2

- FRENZY: (same)
- VENOMOUS RAIN SPECIAL ATTACK:
Range 5. Attack 2.
When an Armoc Spitter attacks with Venemous Rain Special Attack, it may attack one
additional time. Armoc Spitters may not attempt Frenzy and end their
turn after using Venomous Rain.

(2)

- VENOMOUS STRIKE:
When taking a turn with Armoc Spitters, all Armoc Spitters may decide to attack before
moving. Each Armoc Spitter may only attack once per turn.

(3)

Med. 5...................Defense: 3
.............................75 points

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I like how you considered the synergy of the different Viper units. Very nice.

Looking over these quickly, while I do like the idea of a ranged Viper unit in the Spitters, I would try and give them some more 'spitting' thematics with a special 'spit' power/attack of some sort.

Side from that, these are nice, simple units to help bolster a favorite HS army genre of yours. So I've nothing to add outside of what I suggested above.

Nice work.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM

kidlob has disabled reputation
Looks good! Hex is right though. I was expecting to see some sort of ranged special attack. Maybe something that "poisons" a unit? I think it'd be a good addition.

I shall never exist again...
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm a fan of the Spitters the way they are. Even though I like to make elaborate and sometimes complicated customs, I think the custom units that can best fit into the game are the simple ones. I like them.
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:58 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Me too!
One question. How in the world are the Spitters Protectors? Also, I agree that they should have some feature, but I'm okay if you don't! Things like these really need playtesting for them to work, though... any figures that we could use for it?

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Those are great dnutt, but you could probobly knock nown Armoc Warlord's point cost to 140, since his defence is so low.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:57 PM

SoulfulKillingMachine has disabled reputation
I think the spitters need a little originality; try replacing Frenzy with a poison-related power to make them different from elves. They also should be relentless, just to add synergy.
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulfulKillingMachine
I think the spitters need a little originality; try replacing Frenzy with a poison-related power to make them different from elves. They also should be relentless, just to add synergy.
Precise is good. Also, removing Frenzy from a non Armoc Viper is like removing a liver from a human. Prehaps a poison power added?

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
I like them as is. you could use mage knight figures for the spitters. Not sure what the name of the model is, but I know it is out there.

As to the Armoc warlod the cost is a little high. Not sure what you have for a model but with a little work I am sure you will find something.

I too am a big fan of the vipers. I took a broken dragon model and hacked off the middle bit to make a viper king. If you cut behind the front shoulders and behind the rear hips you can then attach the 2 to make a viper. I think the model came out very good. Sorry I can’t add a picture here, don’t have access to it from work, but the concept works. And if you do not like the color you can always repaint.
Old September 27th, 2007, 04:54 PM

I've made some updates in the first post.
I really want to make these guys, but I don't want to make a whole slew of new units, so I'm trying to fine tune these as best as I cab. I'm not sure if I'll want to make any more vipers if these turn out ok.

Which ones do you think are better?
Are the point costs right?

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
Old September 27th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
For the Viper Spitters, I think a better name would be Armoc Spitters or Venoc Spitters depending on which design you go for.

Personally I think I would like to see the simplicity (just Frenzy and Slither) of the first version but make them Precise instead of Protectors, and drop their points to 50-60 unless of course there are 4 in the squad then 75 would probably be right.

If you go that route, I think the second version of the Warlord would be awesome.
Old September 27th, 2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
For the Viper Spitters, I think a better name would be Armoc Spitters or Venoc Spitters depending on which design you go for.

Personally I think I would like to see the simplicity (just Frenzy and Slither) of the first version but make them Precise instead of Protectors, and drop their points to 50-60 unless of course there are 4 in the squad then 75 would probably be right.

If you go that route, I think the second version of the Warlord would be awesome.

- DOUBLE ATTACK: (same)
....................................................75pts?

Armoc Warlord : Ullar
Viper....................Life: 7
Unique Hero..........Move: 6
Warlord................Range: 1
Relentless.............Attack: 5
Med. 6..................Defense: 2

- PROTECTOR STRENGTH: All protectors you control within 4 clear sight spaces
of Armoc Warlord add +1 to their attack and +1 to their defense.
- SPITTER PRECISION: All Armoc Spitters you control, add 2 to their range.

.....................................................150pts?

How about this combo? I gave the Spitters double atack. Is double attack and frenzy too much for 75 points? I wanted to give them an extra defense as well, but I think that'd be pushing it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards