Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 22nd, 2016, 11:30 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Help With Wurdz

Quote:
That is a mighty power, I hope you know. That will allow him to kill most heroes in one turn, assuming his attack is 3 or more.

I would rewrite it slightly, though it doesn't change the operation of the power itself:
Quote:
General Grevious may attack up to four times during his turn. The attacked figure subtracts one defense die for each time General Grevious has previously attacked it that turn.
It's not great. Let me know if you want me to keep playing with it. I think it's better to clarify the math this way, though.
Thank you for your help Dad_Scaper. It was intended to be powerful but I do realize it may be too powerful. Maybe the limit should be a max of two less defense instead of three. I'll have to figure that out. Thanks again
Old December 22nd, 2016, 01:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The 4 attached alone are very powerful. The Hydra is a force to be reckoned with, with its four attacks. You may wish to drop the declining defense. That would allow you to keep an attack of 3, which I'm guessing you have.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 22nd, 2016, 02:33 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Yes the attack is 3. Perhaps the most would be two less defense.

Quote:
General Grevious may attack up to four times during his turn. The attacked figure subtracts one defense die for each time General Grevious has previously attacked it that turn to a maximum of two less defense dice.
How's the wording for this?
Old February 20th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Outside of the scope of this thread, but please throw me an idea if it tickles your fancy and you come up with something. I'm writing brief flavor text for the card template samples I've been working on. Next card is Marro Dividers. The flavor text doesn't have to relate to what makes the unit special, (nor does it have to be the unit making a direct quote) but in this case the obvious concept of "yeah, you can divide us (literally)--whoop-dee-do--but we're always united in opposition to you" sprang to mind. I'm having trouble expressing that in a flavorful, yet super concise way (there isn't much space on the card for flavor text).

My least embarrassing attempts went something like this (variants):
- My brother and I, long united, must divide, and thus divided, do unite.
- My brother and I, long united, divide, and then divided, do unite.
- My brother and I, long united, when divided, do unite.

After that, I thought it might be fun to play with cleave being its own antonym and I'm totally cool with Marro having enough command of language to know that:

- Go ahead, cleave us! Then watch us cleave together.
- Go ahead, cleave us! Then watch in terror as we cleave together [text is getting long, but would be cool for it to express what they do in retribution after cleaving together...]

...anything above that can be redeemed with some punching up? Or anything OK as-is?

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; February 20th, 2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old February 20th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I am sure this has something to do with my nerd level (10), but the first thing I thought of was John Donne's A Valediction Forbidding Mourning, in which the speaker consoles a loved one about his own departure, and compares their love to the two arms of a compass (the kind for drawing circles, not for finding north). I suppose you can't fit the whole poem onto the card, but there's this bit, which is a suitable reference to the larger whole:
Quote:
Our two souls therefore, which are one,
Though I must go, endure not yet
A breach, but an expansion.
Even that is too long. But it is the first place my brain went.

Here is a quote taken (deliberately) out of context:
Quote:
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful.
Or this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Babington Macaulay
A single breaker may recede; but the tide is evidently coming in.
This may be the one you're looking for; I know @1Mmirg would be proud:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare
Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.
I can keep going, if none of those strikes your fancy.

= =
Old February 20th, 2017, 02:30 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Pungeonmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare
Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be marro.
I can keep going, if none of those strikes your fancy.
Fixed that for you. ~_^

~Dysole, who couldn't resist
Old February 20th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Heh heh. Full props for the excellent pun, dysole, but I think I prefer it without.

= =
Old February 20th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I can't believe I didn't think of this one first!

I do love me some Warren Zevon. He recorded his last album as he was dying from cancer, and upon it he put the brilliant "Keep Me In Your Heart." This quote is from that song:

"Keep the fires lit
And I will be right next to you."

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 20th, 2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old February 20th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
"Keep the fires lit
And I will be right next to you."
PERFECT! Thank you.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 20th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Super Smurfy

...and if you're having fun with this, the Repulsors are next.

Last edited by Xorlof; February 20th, 2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: ...but no worries if you want this thread to go back to it's regularly scheduled programming
Old February 20th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
...and if you're having fun with this, the Repulsors are next.
Got it:

"It is with ill grace that one complains of an effective counterpunch."

Ratchford v. State, 141 Md. App. 354, 371 (2001)

= =
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Got it:
Yes you do! Thank you.

(Now it's up toe to figure how to fit any kind of flavor text on a card with the repulors' already long special power text).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards