Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 1st, 2019, 12:03 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker
Lightbulb Islandscape XIII - 7/20 in Lindenhurst, NY

SAVE THE DATE
ISLANDSCAPE XIII
Saturday, July 20th 12pm - 6pm

at
Legendary Realms
294 E. Montauk Hwy.
Lindenhurst NY 11757

Islandscape returns for its (lucky) 13th consecutive year!!!
Time:
Set up and sign in will be from 11:30 - 12, with the first round to start by 12:30 pm.

Tournament Rules:
  • The tournament will be 5 rounds, Swiss-style, with ranking based first on W/L scores, then point dominance. Squads count for full points if eliminated, otherwise they count as zero.
  • We will use the Cluster Draft format used at GenCon.
  • All players bring (3) 150-170 pt armies, 7 figure limit for each, SoV and C3V customs allowed. No supers.
  • Uniques used in one army can't be used in another. You may draft more than one of a unique unit, but then can only field one.
  • Armies are drafted in a 1-2-1-1-1 format.
  • First round, players will roll off to choose who goes first in the draft. Subsequent rounds the player with the worse record will choose.
  • Maps will be BoV maps.
  • No glyphs will be in play
  • Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, along with the traditional Worst Luck trophy.

Cost is free, but we do request you bring a prize for the prize table, and show some love for our host, Legendary Realms.

Maps

We will be using BoV maps.

Dance of the Dryads
Fire Isles
Invasion
Mole Hills
Swamp Thing

(I didn't have enough trees to do Flash Fire with the other ones)

Attendees:

YES
Warbanner
Chas (Charlie)
Sir Dendrik (AJ)
Hufflemoon
Taeblewalker
DoomCarrot(Sam)
Kolakoski
Rich10
Gnomebot (Shaun)

Maybe:

No:
John J
Grishnakh
Ken

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"

Last edited by WarBanner; July 18th, 2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old June 1st, 2019, 05:02 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Re: Islandscape XIII - 7/20 in Lindenhurst, NY

Uhhh, July 22nd is a Monday

I hope you mean June? If so, I plan on attending!
Old June 1st, 2019, 06:35 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Uhhh, July 22nd is a Monday

I hope you mean June? If so, I plan on attending!
No, the month and day of the week were right, but the number was wrong. Fixed. Thanks!

Old July 5th, 2019, 02:09 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My wife (@hufflemoon) and I will be in attendance. (This is AJ.)

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 6th, 2019, 12:05 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

I too went from a maybe to a "for sure." I will be attending. (Sam)
Old July 6th, 2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
I too went from a maybe to a "for sure." I will be attending. (Sam)
Great, let me know if you need any units.

Old July 8th, 2019, 11:01 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I will be attending . . .

Old July 8th, 2019, 08:32 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@WarBanner
Do you need anyone to bring maps? I'm travelling from Rochester and staying the week with one car so bringing a map would be inconvenient for me. If no one steps up I can bring a map but I need to know by Wednesday as I'm leaving for Long Island soon after.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 8th, 2019, 10:53 PM

Don't stress yourself. Current player count is 7. I can bring 3 maps, so at the moment we only need 1 more. Worst case, I'll build a fourth map onsite. If you can bring a RotV set, that'd help, but if not I can still make it work. I was just about to post about maps, so your message is well timed.

Old July 10th, 2019, 11:00 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My schedule may change, but I'm planning on attending.
Old July 10th, 2019, 03:16 PM

Just curious about a corner case: If both players bring the same Uncommon unit, can a single player field both of them? Uncommons are technically unique, so there's some grey area.

Old July 10th, 2019, 04:49 PM

I mean in regards to drafting rules, I think uncommons should be treated exactly the same as commons, right? Like, I don’t see why fielding 2 iron golems would be any different than say, drafting 2 swog riders in the same army...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events