Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 14th, 2018, 02:01 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

The other night I saw Den of Thieves, it was much better than I expected. Part shoot 'em up, part heist movie. I could see it getting a sequel.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 18th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My daughters and I just got done watching Black Panther. It was incredible in so many ways. My one daughter, Paige, was emotional for a lot of the movie, while Morgan was able to hold it together.

Only critique is that there were some scenes that were dark lighting wise. But other than that, it was fantastic!

Spoiler Alert!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; February 18th, 2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old February 18th, 2018, 09:02 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
My daughters and I just got done watching Black Panther. It was incredible in so many ways. My one daughter, Paige, was emotional for a lot of the movie, while Morgan was able to hold it together.

Only critique is that there were some scenes that were dark lighting wise. But other than that, it was fantastic!

Spoiler Alert!
I loved the heck out of it! Black Panther was easily the best single-main hero outing the MCU has had since the original Iron Man.

One thing which particularly stood out me was the villain. Killmonger had some of the clearest motivations of any of the MCU villains - not that there are many standouts to compare him to...

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 18th, 2018, 10:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Spoiler Alert!
I loved the heck out of it! Black Panther was easily the best single-main hero outing the MCU has had since the original Iron Man.

One thing which particularly stood out me was the villain. Killmonger had some of the clearest motivations of any of the MCU villains - not that there are many standouts to compare him to...
Well I loved the heck out of Captain America too. But I also am a big WWII guy, so that was cool for me and right in my wheelhouse, though maybe not for everyone. But I thought the story was as good as BP, just not as shiny and have all the kickass allies and neat tech.

I agree about Killmonger being a great villain, and he reminded me of Magneto in having some understandable motivations (granted, Magneto isn't part of the official MCU lineup).

Old February 19th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I found it dragged a bit. The tech somewhat distracted from the story and became the story at certain points. Great female characters that could have used a little more action IMO.

It was good but I would put it in the middle of the pack among the MCU movies.
Some of those battles with exposed faces reminded me of Spider-Man 3 where I wanted to see Spidey vs. Venom and not Tobey vs. Topher.
Old February 19th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Well the tech is a big part of the story, like with Iron Man movies. It communicates a few different things, such that blacks can be brilliant too, that they had immense capacity to take over other countries because of being technologically advanced but didn't, and also that they had the technology to help others but didn't. So I think it was an important aspect of the movie.

Old February 19th, 2018, 11:05 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am not saying it is not but it never felt like a distraction to me in Iron Man.
I just felt they kept beating me over the head with it.
After you show you can hide an entire advanced civilization, I get it.
Your tech is the best.
It could have been used but with less time in the lab.
It would have been better perhaps if there was another tech to create some sort of chemistry. Like Fitz & Simmons have in AoS. They could talk tech for an entire episode and I would like it, because I enjoy the interaction of the characters.

It just felt like 'look at all the cool stuff we have' while the rest of the country lives in poverty.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:29 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I have to disagree with you, Tornado. I agree that this is MCU's best movie to date. It cracked the top 5 on first viewing. (The other 4 are the cap movies and Thor:Ragnarok). Based on the preview for Ant-man and Wasp and the showings by Thor:Raganrok and Black Panther, I'd say Marvel/Disney has really found their groove.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Obviously everyone has their own tastes, but the 'best MCU movie' talk seems way off base to me. I went and saw it on Thursday night and was pretty excited about it. Leaving the theater I thought it was a good movie but wasn't really 'wowed' by it. Really enjoyed some aspects (like the Rhinos!), didn't have any major quibbles with anything (not to say it was a perfect movie though), and I believe most movie goers will enjoy it. I wouldn't say I am chomping at the bit to see it again like I was for say GotG, Avengers, Winter Soldier, or Civil War.

Black Panther was the MCU's 18th film. If I were to break them up into 4 groups of 4-5 films, this is how I would do it (in no particular order other than by group).

Best of the Best (4): Avengers, GotG, Winter Soldier, Civil War

Very Good (5): Iron Man, First Avenger, Ant-Man, Homecoming, Ragnarok

Good Fun (4): Black Panther, Doctor Strange, GotG 2, Age of Ultron

Solid Attempts (5): Iron Man II, Iron Man III, Thor, Dark World, Hulk

If someone moved Black Panther up to the next grouping (and dropped one they didn't particularly like in that 2nd group) I would understand. Moving Black Panther up into that top group of 4 just doesn't fly with me though.
Old February 19th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Obviously everyone has their own tastes, but the 'best MCU movie' talk seems way off base to me. I went and saw it on Thursday night and was pretty excited about it. Leaving the theater I thought it was a good movie but wasn't really 'wowed' by it. Really enjoyed some aspects (like the Rhinos!), didn't have any major quibbles with anything (not to say it was a perfect movie though), and I believe most movie goers will enjoy it. I wouldn't say I am chomping at the bit to see it again like I was for say GotG, Avengers, Winter Soldier, or Civil War.

Black Panther was the MCU's 18th film. If I were to break them up into 4 groups of 4-5 films, this is how I would do it (in no particular order other than by group).

Very Good (5): Iron Man, First Avenger, Ant-Man, Homecoming, Ragnarok

Good Fun (4): Black Panther, Doctor Strange, GotG 2, Age of Ultron

If someone moved Black Panther up to the next grouping (and dropped one they didn't particularly like in that 2nd group) I would understand. Moving Black Panther up into that top group of 4 just doesn't fly with me though.
I'm mostly with you YK. But I switched Black Panther with Ant-Man.

Of all of them though, Civil War is my very favorite. My daughters and I did watch Civil War on Friday night in preparation for Black Panther, and this coming Saturday, we are going to see Black Panther again, though with my wife this time. She had other things going on Sunday and couldn't join us, and my girls didn't want to wait an extra week. So I said that I'd take them opening weekend and then we'd all go the following weekend. The 3 of us certainly don't have a problem seeing it again so soon.

Very Good (5): Iron Man, First Avenger, Black Panther, Homecoming, Ragnarok

Good Fun (4): Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, GotG 2, Age of Ultron

Old February 20th, 2018, 11:30 AM

Never really knowing the character too well, I always felt like Black Panther was more than a suit.

The female characters had no suit, no powers, only their training and a spear as their high tech. Now that is awesome.
I would have preferred a movie just about them or at least they should have given them a side mission they could kick ass on to break up the lulls.

I agree with your list YK. Ant-Man would be on top of the second tier for me, I really enjoyed that one. Strange and Panther both suffered from me having too high of expectations. I enjoyed Strange much more the second time when I did not expect it to be great, so that may happen with Panther.
Old February 20th, 2018, 12:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ragnorok comes to a TV near me soon so I'll see it soon. I think we have plans to see Black Panther this weekend. I have actually not seen Dr. Strange yet. Not sure why as I have it at the house. May have to fix that soon.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies