Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 17th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Custom Terrain for the HelmAverse and other Super-scapes

HelmAverse Terrain Rules Depository

VEHICLES

1) Auto Transporter

Auto Transporters have 7 Height. Each Auto Transporter occupies seven consecutive hex spaces when the trailer ramp is closed and eight consecutive hex spaces when the trailer ramp is open. Auto Transporters must be placed on top of tiles. Figures are allowed to occupy the five spaces on the top of the trailer. If the trailer ramp is down, the highest space is at level 7 with all additional spaces descending by one level from the previous space with the open ramp space at level 2. The lowest ramp space is placed half on a zero level space. Whether the ramp is up or down, figures can move up the side of the trailer as if it has a 3 Height.

Spoiler Alert!

2) Compact Car

Compact Cars have 3 Height. Each Compact Car occupies two same level hex spaces. Compact Cars must be placed on top of tiles and may be used as movable Destructible Objects (see card below). Figures are not allowed to occupy or move through Compact Cars.

Spoiler Alert!

3) Hummer Vehicle

Hummer Vehicles have 4 Height. Each Hummer Vehicle occupies two hex spaces that do not have to be on the same level (The Hummer Pick-Up is unique in that the two spaces are not adjacent). Hummer Vehicles may be placed adjacent to tiles or on top of tiles. Figures are not allowed to occupy or move through Hummer Vehicles.

Spoiler Alert!

4) Sanitation Trucks

Sanitation Trucks have 7 Height. Each Sanitation Truck occupies three consecutive same level hex spaces. Sanitation Trucks must be placed on top of tiles. Figures are allowed to occupy the two spaces in the back bed of the two dump trucks. Figures can climb into the bed of a dump truck, as if it had a 3 Height. Figures can move out of the bed of a dump truck as if it had a 2 Height to climb both up and down. (A figure would need a Move of 4 to move one space either into or out of the truck bed). Back bed spaces are at height 3 for one truck and 5 for the other.

Spoiler Alert!

JUNGLE PIECES

1) Alien Flora

Alien Flora are considered Jungle Pieces and have various heights (Bush: 9 Height; Small Tree: 11 Height; Medium Tree: 14 Height; Large Tree: 17 Height; Huge Tree: 20 Height). Figures are not allowed to occupy or move through Alien Flora.When moving your figure adjacent to Alien Flora, you are allowed to move any of the lower plants that hang over the space that the figure will occupy. A figure may not be placed on any space adjacent to Alien Flora if the figure being placed does not fit fully on the space.

Line of Sight: Alien Flora may block Line of Sight. Range attacks can be used only when a clear Line of Sight is available between or through Alien Flora.

Attacking figures adjacent to Alien Flora with range: A figure becomes adjacent to Alien Flora when it moves next to Alien Flora. When a small, medium, or large figure adjacent to Alien Flora is defending against a non-adjacent attack, the defending figure receives one additional defense die.

Poison Spore Damage: If a figure adjacent to Alien Flora receives at least one wound from a ranged attack they must roll for Poison Spore Damage. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower the defending figure receives one additional wound.

Spoiler Alert!

TERRAIN TILES

1) Toxic Liquid

Moving onto toxic liquid: Unlike moving onto water, when you move onto a toxic liquid space from any other space, you may continue moving if you have move left. However, at the end of the round, all figures still on toxic liquid spaces must roll to see if they take toxic liquid damage.

Rolling for toxic liquid damage: In turn order, all players must roll for all their figures on toxic liquid spaces. To do this, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, that figure takes a wound. Otherwise it is safe. Players may choose in what order to roll for their own figures.

Falling: All falling rules apply if a figure falls onto a toxic water space.

Misty Swamp (optional rule): When a small or medium figure on a toxic liquid space is defending against a non-adjacent attack, the defending figure receives one additional defense die.

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS

Spoiler Alert!

Here is the original first post with details on the Hummer Vehicles:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 19th, 2023 at 12:45 AM.
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:35 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Custom Vehicle Terrain for Super-scape

Nice idea. They look very good in city terrain. Now you just gotta make them into destructable objects! I'm off to raid my kids' toy chest...

By the way, what game are those SWAT figures from?
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Nicely done.

The ESS(SWAT) figs are Heroclix moded with new bases.
Old March 17th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I picked up some perfectly scaled cars at Walmart. I don't remember the exact name ("Heavy Metal" or something like that) but someone can dig up the thread I made on it a long time ago.

They ran about $3-$4 each and were heavy diecast metal (very high quality). Best of all, they come in police cars, vans, sports vehicles, pickups, you name it. They are also perfectly scaled and (never thought of this before the first post in this thread) they don't roll.

If you recall the guy selling the vehicles/terrain a while back (peterparker???), it the same scale.

If you look in the pic below, the white car is what I am talking about (the other three are in the aforementioned custom set).

Old March 17th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They look great.

I have about 25 of those H3's still in the bag.... I wanted vehicles for ATZ and got a bit carried away
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:52 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If you go to Toys R Us...their brand Fast Lane has packs of 1:43 scale cars that work great. They also have 1:48 scale helicopters which also work nicely as well as 1:50 scale trucks (garbage/fire/box)

Now they are 3 different scales but they really arent that far off from each other that you would notice the difference.
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:19 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay, I found 'em. Now anybody got any good ideas for making them destructible objects? Perhaps some kind of explosion on destruction? How many lives, number of defense dice? I've already started on a card.
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Okay, I found 'em. Now anybody got any good ideas for making them destructible objects? Perhaps some kind of explosion on destruction? How many lives, number of defense dice? I've already started on a card.
Here is the card that I made that I have used from time to time.

It has been a while since I have played with destructable objects, but if I recall, the basics are that you need super strength to pick up a vehicle and it takes one turn to do so. After that, you can throw it, use it to bash, or block an attack.

When you attack someone, whatever you cause for wounds comes off the object as well, the vehicle lands on any empty space.

While blocking, it absorbs all wounds. If you have extra (once the car id destroyed), it spills over to the character holding the vehicle.

There is more to it than that, but that is the basics. It can be fun, but sometimes is a bit wonky. I plan to go back and make them a little less impactful, but haven't gotten around to it...so feel free to tinker in whatever way you want.
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice looking card Badger, reminds me of when the Hulk ripped that vehicle in two and used them as brass knuckles against the Abomination in the movie.

I'm glad you found the cars, AliasQTip. Do you have them all? The Red one and the beige one are not the right scale but they can work. The other 6 look great (as you can see in the pics).

If you need any, they seem to be easy to find on ebay.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the artistic types on this site put together a simple DO card for one of the Hummers. I personally use them as sight blockers and don't plan on having them used in alternate custom rule scenarios (no throwing or driving these bad boys). But there is no reason why you can't blow them up and remove them off the game board.

By the way, glued to shadow tiles also allows them to sit nice on a Cavalier Lexan City Mat without rolling. Go buy a Cav Mat today!
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Theme Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Nice looking card Badger, reminds me of when the Hulk ripped that vehicle in two and used them as brass knuckles against the Abomination in the movie.
That was the intent.
Old March 18th, 2010, 02:49 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Great thread and awesome pics, Matt. Now I gotta make a trip to Toys R Us and ebay.
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing one of the artistic types on this site put together a simple DO card for one of the Hummers. I personally use them as sight blockers and don't plan on having them used in alternate custom rule scenarios (no throwing or driving these bad boys). But there is no reason why you can't blow them up and remove them off the game board.
Yeah, I'm not really interested in throwing or driving them. I'd also use them mainly as LOS blockers but an exploding vehicle could be used to take out a number of nearby figures and isn't that complicated to write-up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations