Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 6th, 2014, 10:43 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Flameslayer Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Oh well. It would be awesome to shove Kylenta Gywn away, then hit all the elves.
With 2L/2D she might actually die from the attack anyways. Wicked fun.
Since we're on the topic of Elves, you could do this really mean thing: Blow Ulginesh more than 7 spaces away, or behind a sight blocker. They lose their mind-linking capabilities. Evil!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Oh well. It would be awesome to shove Kylenta Gywn away, then hit all the elves.
With 2L/2D she might actually die from the attack anyways. Wicked fun.
Since we're on the topic of Elves, you could do this really mean thing: Blow Ulginesh more than 7 spaces away, or behind a sight blocker. They lose their mind-linking capabilities. Evil!
Crap. Its supposed to have the small/medium restriction in there. 1 sec. Lol

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 9th, 2014, 12:30 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Winnistre
Seems like a cool dragon. His stats feel a little high to me for his size, but I guess it's not the first smaller dragon that we have seen like that. I like how the real power in that breath is manipulating the battlefield and it looks like you costed accordingly. This guy is going to be especially nasty on maps with molten lava, keep in mind. I feel a little safer about it given his cost, but those long-ranged lava dunks will be potent in the right setting.
Old December 9th, 2014, 05:16 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Winnistre
Seems like a cool dragon. His stats feel a little high to me for his size, but I guess it's not the first smaller dragon that we have seen like that. I like how the real power in that breath is manipulating the battlefield and it looks like you costed accordingly. This guy is going to be especially nasty on maps with molten lava, keep in mind. I feel a little safer about it given his cost, but those long-ranged lava dunks will be potent in the right setting.
Yeah, I really wasn't happy with how small the figure was, but the unit had been designed for a couple months before purchasing it so I was stuck with it. All good, because he's a super fun piece.

Lava dunking really wasn't an issue at his time of inception, but now that I do have some VW, it might make Winnistre even more deadly. He is still quite frail, and the effect only happens half of the time though, so we shall see how it plays out.

Thanks for the commentary, Ixe!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old December 10th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Knave)

Storm clouds are rolling in Captain Aorlened. Do you think we should seek shelter tonight?

Cafferty, shelter won't save us from those clouds. Take a closer look with those "prized eyes" of yours. That's a telltale sign of Lord Cyprien. Wonder if he'll come this way or if he's just going to dance around the boneyards.

I hope not Captain. I'm not ready to die against him, now.

In the boneyards, evil sleeps. In the boneyards, evil sleeps. In the bone-! My, my, my. I am glad to see your awake Knave. Now then, lead your zombies to that ridge and satisfy your hunger.

Knave
Utgar
Undead
Unique Hero
Savage
Terrifying
Medium 4

Life 3 Move 4 Range 1 Attack 4 Defense 3

Doom Slashes: Knave may attack one additional time.
Savage Attack: Savages you control starting a turn within 4 clear sight spaces of Knave add 1 to their move and attack.
Rotting Wound: Knave may only receive 1 wound in a turn. Knave cannot be automatically destroyed except by Lava Damage and Extreme Falling Damage.

120 points

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 12th, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old December 11th, 2014, 12:49 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Knave
Interesting name choice on this guy. I was about to remark on how incredibly fragile he is but Rotting Wound is an interesting way to address that. With his 4 attack and Doom Slashes, however, I fear that he may often be too hard to actually take down. He can carve through a steady stream of squad figures and potentially keep alive indefinitely. He's even not that bad against other heroes between his two attacks of four and guarantee to survive at least 3 turns.

He is at least incredibly slow moving, which is a little odd given that he makes the zombies faster than he is normally. Furthermore, that attack bonus at that range is a very substantial increase that probably justifies his points being even higher than they are given his resilience and offensive power. That Rotting Wound power can lead to other odd situations where the opponent has damaged him and can attack more but there is no longer a point to do so. I can see something like that being fun to play with, but I am not sure how much fun it is to play against.
Old December 11th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I could go

I could downgrade Knave offensive potential. Perhaps I'll drop the healing part (and just call it Double Attack). Most of the time you'll be taking turns with Zombies, anyways.

The nice part about having 4 move for Knave is that it forces you to at least load him up with OMs when you could be taking zombie turns instead. He's kind of like a trap to play, screwing you over during the board control phase (that Aura helps you reclaim it fortunately) and possibly giving up turns to make sure your Zombies can actually hurt their foes. He does't really help much against the strongest anti-zombie units though, like Zelrig or Braxas. Plus, your pouring effectively 2 extra squads of zombies into him.

Thanks for the thoughts Ixe! I only have 1 test with him, and need to do more.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old December 12th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Gug)

As it might be apparent that Gug won't be used by the SoV, it seems fitting to put my version of him in here.

Gug
Utgar
Gug
Unique Hero
Devourer
Terrifying
Huge 9

Life 6 Move 6 Range 1 Attack 4 Defense 2

Consume: Instead of attacking, you may consume a figure. Choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Gug and place it on this Army Card. Gug may not move or attack while he is consuming a figure. At the end of Gug's turn, the figure on Gug's Army Card takes 1 wound. When the figure receives enough to destroy it, remove it and a wound from this Army Card. If Gug is destroyed while consuming a figure, place the figure on the space Gug occupied immediately.

130 points

Gug's primary use is to temporarily remove key enemy cheerleaders from play. If you opt to take an extra turn or two with him for the damage perks, even better. While Valkrill would've been a fine choice, Utgar has the Zombies and Ornak (who's flag lets Gug eat up!). He doesn't get to do much while he is eating a hero, because he is too busy enjoying lunch.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 12th, 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Class changed
Old December 12th, 2014, 05:36 PM

I once came up with a similarly themed design for this exact figure. I really like the idea of being able to cut save a swallowed unit. I think it can lead to good play since it can be fun to eat units with the Gug and fun for the opponent to then try to cut them out and save them. Auto devouring even heroes is very powerful but this guy is actually pretty fragile with how low his defense and life is. He'll get cut to ribbons by squads faster than he can eat them. I also am not sure if you even want to eat a multi-life hero that often with him since taking an entire turn with him to put a wound on a hero is pretty insubstantial.

Lastly, how is a guy with a power called "Consume" not a devourer?
Old December 12th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I once came up with a similarly themed design for this exact figure. I really like the idea of being able to cut save a swallowed unit. I think it can lead to good play since it can be fun to eat units with the Gug and fun for the opponent to then try to cut them out and save them. Auto devouring even heroes is very powerful but this guy is actually pretty fragile with how low his defense and life is. He'll get cut to ribbons by squads faster than he can eat them. I also am not sure if you even want to eat a multi-life hero that often with him since taking an entire turn with him to put a wound on a hero is pretty insubstantial.

Lastly, how is a guy with a power called "Consume" not a devourer?
Oooh, I like the Devourer suggestion. I forgot I had the Dumetef now too, so it'd be relevant (well, in a Death Knight/Dumetef build at least).

I've had tons of ideas for how to use him both efficiently and creatively. One of my favorite ideas was eating up your own Eldgrim to both heal and gain +1 move. Thorgrim would also be useful for him, given his defence boost.

He'd be a beast in cleanup too. Once he consumes the last figure you win regardless!

Eating Raelin or Kato would be pretty substantial, even if not always applicable.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old December 14th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I could go

Question Re: Flameslayer Customs (Marro Carriers)

Fresh off the assembly line, I haven't gotten very far in these guys' production. But, I'm putting them in here to ferment.

Marro Carriers
Utgar
Marro
Carriers
Common Squad
Wild
Small 3

3 Troops, 6 Move, 4 Range, 2 Attack, 4 Defense

Gastric Acid: Figures attacked by Marro Carriers roll 1 less defense.
Marro Growth: Instead of attacking with a Marro Carrier, you may choose 1 Marro Hero with at least 1 wound marker on it that is adjacent to it and roll the D20. On a 1-10, remove 1 wound from it. On a 11-20, remove 2 wounds from it. The Marro Carrier is now removed from play.

60 points

After coming into a figure who'll make a decent proxy for Tul-Bak-Ra, I felt that none of the units he can teleport in were particularly useful. Or, the ones who were would find that it would've been better to not have wasted turns on TBR anyways. I know that the Dividers are mostly for him, but those guys haven't done anything interesting for me. The Marro Carriers on the other hand can restore any of the Marro Heroes to a fighting level again. I dont think I made them to far from a Stinger/Nagrub combination. Testing will decide if these guys are a valuable asset to the Overlord (and the other Heroes of course).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 14th, 2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Size
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Marro Carriers
These guys seem pretty good. While their range is fairly low, their stats are pretty solid for 60 points. Factor in Gastric Acid to help their attack on top of their survivability and these guys are looking to be very efficient for their points. They won't hold up to the Stingers, but that is not really the standard you should measure your unit against.

As far as Marro Growth is concerned, I'm not sure how much I'd even want to use it. Certainly it could help keep Tul-Bak-Ra alive for longer to teleport more of these guys out there, but I'd probably just rather attack with them in the first place instead of give that up to hope to get a better than 1:1 exchange further down the road. The similarly themed Hivelord Life Bonding power works a bit more smoothly because you don't lose out on attacks and can keep the primary unit active with the same order marker. I'd just use these guys as an efficient range squad instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards